I've moved over to the dark side....

Damfino_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Well, just a little...;)

2015 Harley Freewheeler in Superior Blue. What a blast to ride, and no sore butt! I spent most of this past Sunday riding the backroads of Wisconsin.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US/Motorcycles/freewheeler.html

144bfb36403e5e26f45ea67cf4aa53c5.JPG

d09baef3d7275352c54aa8ca21daef8d.JPG

236e22ce26000c1f78a50b0bf6f580d1.JPG

2b408ec4fd55d7794a0d9f5cfb5510ba.JPG

No actual Honda's were killed or injured during the filming of this shoot...

e755752ba12fe74f4c60e174c96ba1f6.JPG
 
Hmmm....3 wheels, is that like getting a ranch house planning for the future?
Also, is something like that hand made custom one-off, or made by a company with others like it?
 
Thread starter
HikerToo_imp said:
Hmmm....3 wheels, is that like getting a ranch house planning for the future?
Also, is something like that hand made custom one-off, or made by a company with others like it?

Factory made by Harley. And no, you don't have to be a geezer or incapacitated to enjoy it! :D
CB4ME_imp said:
That's Harley's new three wheeler, right? Looks so much better. How does it do it the curves?
Yes, and I'll let you know about handling the curves when I get to some. (My area of Illinois is pretty flat & straight ;)).
 
Someone on the forum asked "Why did he do that?" and all the other members replied in unison, "Damned if I know!" :P

Good on you, mate. Great looking bike. Look forward to more reports about it.
 
Thread starter
redbirds_imp said:
Congrats, nice looking ride. Love that blue color.
Thanks redbirds!
Cormanus_imp said:
Someone on the forum asked "Why did he do that?" and all the other members replied in unison, "Damned if I know!" :P

Good on you, mate. Great looking bike. Look forward to more reports about it.

:D Thanks Cormanus!
 
Thread starter
the_undecider_imp said:
I want to know if it can do a wheelie and I really hope to see this with a wheelie bar even if it can't.
I have to admit...THAT WOULD BE FREAKIN' AWESOME!!!! :clap:
 
redbirds_imp said:
Congrats, nice looking ride. Love that blue color.
+1 It's very close to Honda's Tahitian Blue on my '93 CB750. I parked at a store on the 750 last week and a Harley in that blue color pulled in right next to me. While both bikes were radically different, we were able to agree that they were definitely the right color :D
 
Damfino_imp said:
the_undecider_imp said:
I want to know if it can do a wheelie and I really hope to see this with a wheelie bar even if it can't.
I have to admit...THAT WOULD BE FREAKIN' AWESOME!!!! :clap:
I have to admit...THAT WOULD BE FREAKIN' AWESOME!!!! :clap:
I have to ask...no slur intended...are you in some way not able to ride a 2 wheeler?
 
Thread starter
JustJohn_imp said:
Damfino_imp said:
the_undecider_imp said:
I want to know if it can do a wheelie and I really hope to see this with a wheelie bar even if it can't.
I have to admit...THAT WOULD BE FREAKIN' AWESOME!!!! :clap:
I have to admit...THAT WOULD BE FREAKIN' AWESOME!!!! :clap:
I have to ask...no slur intended...are you in some way not able to ride a 2 wheeler?
I have to admit...THAT WOULD BE FREAKIN' AWESOME!!!! :clap:
I have to ask...no slur intended...are you in some way not able to ride a 2 wheeler?

No John, fully able, and still do, ride two wheelers. This is just a completely different level of fun.
 
Different experience riding a 3 wheeler. Different experiences can be fun. Good luck with the new ride. It's a dandy.
 
Congrats and enjoy and ride safe! I just saw a Harkey dresser in that color a few hours ago and I was mesmerized by the beautiful color.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Different experience riding a 3 wheeler. Different experiences can be fun. Good luck with the new ride. It's a dandy.
Thanks Mickey!
ClassicVW_imp said:
Congrats and enjoy and ride safe! I just saw a Harkey dresser in that color a few hours ago and I was mesmerized by the beautiful color.
Thanks Classic, it sparkles in the sun!
 
I see a lot of the those Harley three-wheelers in my neighborhood. A bunch of hooligans if you ask me. I was so tired of them racing down my street that I took a photo of them to give to our local PD.



Amazingly, no arrests have been made. I think the cops are in cahoots with them.

It actually looks like it would be a lot of fun to ride. Even though images of big wheels and tractors spring to mind whenever I see one, I admit, yours is really pretty. Congrats! Looking forward to the ride report!
 
Congrats! Very nice looking. Looking forward for ride repot. I have never ridden a Harley trike. I did ride the neighbors Spider and that was a strange feeling.
Ride safe my friend
 
There's a company doing a 3-wheel conversion for Goldwings, which is hardly new. But what interests me is they put two wheels on the front, with a leaning suspension. Even more interesting is that HD filed patents for what amounted to their own version on the Can Am Spyder about 12 years ago. But theirs was even better IMO, because it too had a fully articulated, leaning suspension. I wish they'd built it.
 
Back
Top