I've already put my CB1100 up on the lift

Guth_imp said:
But only to clean it up after riding it home in the grime of the Pacific Northwest.
Did mine as well. I'm actually considering rolling the lift out to the driveway when it comes time to give the bike a thorough cleaning.
At my age and one recently repaired knee and the other one going under the knife in the not-so-distant future, it just sounds like a great idea. :)
I didn't have any problem raising the CB onto the centerstand while on the HF lift table.
 
What kind of lift do you guys have?
 
Thread starter
I've got a Handy Lift. Picked it up off of craigslist for $300. One of my best bargain finds ever.

487ea4e23acc62ac15ab41e5a0813620.jpg
 
That lift looks nice! Unfortunately I have no room for something like that. Single car garage filled with 3 outboards, toolboxs, lawnmower,and some wood working stuff. The bike will take up most of the unused space. Bad enough with that scooter in there.

Is is heavy? Could it be tilted up and stored on edge?

I guess I'll be doing maint. using the center stand.

You dog is really checking out your new bike! I'm going to show my co-workers THIS picture tomorrow so they can see what I got! The bike, not a dog, ha ha.
 
Thread starter
You might consider keeping any eye out for a Kendon Lift. They are designed to be stored upright and out of the way when not in use.
 
I have a Harbor Freight lift with an aftermarket wheel clamp very much like the one Guth has on his table.
Check the Harbor Freight ads in the bike mags. From time to time they offer a $100 off coupon for the lift. You can also find the coupons on ebay as well. With the $100 savings you can upgrade the wheel chock because the HF one is worthless.
Jim
 
I checked out the Kendon lifts online and they look like a good option for me. I may have to look into that in the future.

Thanks for info on this.
 
For me, it's an ordinary car small trolley jack, with the 'bike steadied by a winch from the ceiling. Not ideal, but in my single garage, with tool and storage racks down one side, two workbenches and three motorcycles, it's the best solution!

I once made my own 'bike-lift very cheaply, but it was still too big really, in my little garage. I sold it. Back to the small trolley jack now...
 
This may be the oldest thread resurrected to date lol. This was first posted 21 hours after the forum was formed in April 2013. There were 11 members at the time of the original post (including the forum starter), 10 of which had joined that morning, 2 of which are still active today.
 
:beerchug: To all the posters since, supplying great information over the years.

I've just had another look back over the "How To's..." and discovered more information that I didn't know or had forgotten. What a great resource. Thanks.
 
The ferret_imp said:
This may be the oldest thread resurrected to date lol. This was first posted 21 hours after the forum was formed in April 2013. There were 11 members at the time of the original post (including the forum starter), 10 of which had joined that morning, 2 of which are still active today.
well, im glad this got resurrected....
we finally get to see that Guth is a real person, not some random generated scripts off a computer program :clap:
 
jedd_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
This may be the oldest thread resurrected to date lol. This was first posted 21 hours after the forum was formed in April 2013. There were 11 members at the time of the original post (including the forum starter), 10 of which had joined that morning, 2 of which are still active today.
well, im glad this got resurrected....
we finally get to see that Guth is a real person, not some random generated scripts off a computer program :clap:
well, im glad this got resurrected....
we finally get to see that Guth is a real person, not some random generated scripts off a computer program :clap:
and he really rides a CB 1100!
 
Thread starter
Man, that’s stepping back in time quite a ways. Still have the CB, though it hasn’t been ridden very much the past few years. The bike still looks great while I’m more “authentically retro” I suppose. Wish I still had the dog, he’s missed.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Guth_imp said:
Man, that’s stepping back in time quite a ways. Still have the CB, though it hasn’t been ridden very much the past few years. The bike still looks great while I’m more “authentically retro” I suppose. Wish I still had the dog, he’s missed.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Right in the feels man... :(
 
When this forum started I had 2 labs, a yellow and a chocolate. Both long gone now. The pain of losing them was unbearable, especially the chocolate. He was one of those special dogs that always behaved and lived to please. After he passed, I promised myself I'd never have another dog. Wife has been wanting another for a couple years now. Almost relented a couple of times. Im getting old enough now that a healthy dog might outlive me, so maybe its time to let my wife get another one. I know I sure miss my labs.
 
The ferret_imp said:
When this forum started I had 2 labs, a yellow and a chocolate. Both long gone now. The pain of losing them was unbearable, especially the chocolate. He was one of those special dogs that always behaved and lived to please. After he passed, I promised myself I'd never have another dog. Wife has been wanting another for a couple years now. Almost relented a couple of times. Im getting old enough now that a healthy dog might outlive me, so maybe its time to let my wife get another one. I know I sure miss my labs.
Yep. I feel. We have three Shelties and one of them just dotes on me. She follows me wherever I go. My wife makes fun of her and says she has Daddy FOMO (fear of missing out). She will break my heart when she goes. We never had children, so the dogs are essentially our kids.
 
We had to put my ALL TIME favorite cat to sleep over 3 years ago and buried him in our back garden , Every night I say "Good Night " to him . It was by far the worst day of my life .
 
Aww, now I'm getting all feely... My current cats think the garage is where monsters live, and they're too chicken to go down there. My all time favorite cat would sleep under my bike in the garage when I'd leave town for business trips. He was a chick magnet too... cute enough to help seal the deal when my wife visited me at my house for the first time.
 
Houtman_imp said:
We had to put my ALL TIME favorite cat to sleep over 3 years ago and buried him in our back garden , Every night I say "Good Night " to him . It was by far the worst day of my life .
Gone in 60_imp said:
Aww, now I'm getting all feely... My current cats think the garage is where monsters live, and they're too chicken to go down there. My all time favorite cat would sleep under my bike in the garage when I'd leave town for business trips. He was a chick magnet too... cute enough to help seal the deal when my wife visited me at my house for the first time.
Man, I hear ya.

 
Back
Top