LongRanger_imp
Road warrior
Thread starter
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Very common in Western Pa. too.The ferret_imp said:it's a southern Ohio word I guess lol. You guys never heard of beegeebers?
Interesting. Ferret didn't make it up. I like words, how they develop, are used (I teach English, Spanish). I've heard / used "bejeebers" before, and always in the phrase that something "scared the bejeebers" out of me. I know I haven't used "bejesus" in the same phrase, but I think maybe I've heard it? I am from the midwest as well, and so possibly it is a regionalism.VLJ_imp said:Bejesus, sure. With 'beegeebers' I suspect mickey is just applying his usual PC filter to 'bejesus.'
The ferret_imp said:what an educational post. Thanks pdedse. I don't recall bejeezus either
Jeezalou I use though. Is that midwestern too?
You know we say please here for"What?" As when someone says something you don't hear and you say" Please?" , meaning would you repeat that?