It Must Be Selling Well

The Spaceman_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
One obvious advantage to us if Honda sells lots of CBs is we get a strong aftermarket. In this month's Motorcyclist (September) Corbin has an ad for their CB saddle. It has a couple photos of the seat section of the bike. Look for it near the back on the "Market Showcase" section

Its kind of neat to see our bike there! Then again, I'll miss have people follow me into parking lots to drool over the bike if there's too many CBs out there...
 
I stopped @ a Suzuki Yamaha dealer looking for a spanner. When I went out to leave the shop, sales force & customers mobbed me. Lol.
 
My dealer in Norfolk managed to get another CB from a dealer somewhere else in the state. Its been there now for a couple of weeks or so.

I don't know how the other local dealers are doing with the CB.
 
I was in the Corbin showroom in Flagler Beach (just north of Daytona) Monday, and they had a CB1100 seat and backrest in stock.

Very nice, but pricey! I was surprised that they had one. Maybe that says something about how they think sales will go, maybe not.

They offered to put in on my CB1100 for a test ride, but alas I was driving the Accord.

10% off to anyone who comes in to the showroom during Biketoberfest in Oct.

Mike
 
Thread starter
I know Corbin makes quality products, but I've sat on a few of their saddles, and every one of them was rock-hard. I mean like NO padding at all. They say that once you break them in they get comfy, but how long does that take?
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
I know Corbin makes quality products, but I've sat on a few of their saddles, and every one of them was rock-hard. I mean like NO padding at all. They say that once you break them in they get comfy, but how long does that take?
Corbin says about 1000 miles. Mine has about 200 on it. It feels 10x better from the get go than stocker. Try one if you get a chance before buying. I had one loaned to me for a week on my ZRX. That week cost me some $$. You'll see.
 
On the flip side, Honda themselves have not been going out of their way to market the CB1100. There have been lots of reviews and such, but other than including it on their own website, I've yet to see Honda advertise the bike. Has anyone?
 
I'll be able to purchase mine come Oct or Nov. Does anyone anticipate this being a problem or should there still be plenty being sold at vendors?
 
Where are you located Mackerel?
 
Guth_imp said:
On the flip side, Honda themselves have not been going out of their way to market the CB1100. There have been lots of reviews and such, but other than including it on their own website, I've yet to see Honda advertise the bike. Has anyone?
Niche market? The bike sells itself!
 
My local dealer got two in in April. I bought the first, the second is still there. Sitting next to a lovely CBX. Quite a nice picture, actually.
 
As long as there is one left when I get back!
Can you imagine bringing this to ride at the advanced riders course I have to take in order to ride on a military base? I'll get stares for sure!
 
A few weeks ago I was at a Bike Night in Williamsport MD and while the CB drew lots of positive reaction relatively few riders knew what it is.

Mine was the 2nd delivered by the dealer where I bought it (Winchester VA) in early May and they sold one afterwards. They have had one sitting on the floor now for almost a month.
Another dealer in WV has sold two and also have had one on their floor for several weeks. A shop I stopped at in southern PA told me they delivered one and have just taken a deposit on the 2nd that had been there for over three weeks.
Later this week I will be able to stop in at a very busy shop, Honda/Yamaha & Kaw, in Hagerstown MD and I know they have one on the floor.
I will be curious to hear what their experience has been.
 
I think Twiggs has sold three. Mine was the second and they have one on the floor now. Twiggs is a NICE place to deal with. Good people from top to bottom.
 
I know I love my CB1100. My performance bike is the Busa. I consider the CB my cruiser bike. My dealer only got 1 CB1100 and its mine!
 
Back
Top