It is official: German Shepards choose the CB1100

_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Cruised up to my driveway, which is on a steep little mountain road, and looked up to notice my neighbor's wheel-crazy German Shepherd busting through the lame child-gate at the top of her stairs. Cussed hound will go after anything on two wheels and already attacked a neighbors dog and chewed it all to hell. The cur is uphill from me about 80 yards away and I am still straddling my bike with the engine running and sidestand up. It launches from the top of the stairs like a thoroughbred going for the Triple Crown and I get a shot of adrenaline just exploding into my body because I know this dog is mean and wants to chew something up. The adrenaline just put everything into slomo; I hit the kill switch, put down the stand, and got off the bike, coming around to the front of the bike and facing the dog in a very aggressive wrestling posture, screaming at it, telling it what I was about to do to it. Apparently my alpha dog trick worked (good thing I watch the Dog Whisperer) and the hound got submissive at the last second, rolled its eyes up at me, and slunk away with the owner, who showed up a few seconds later.

I was shaking like hell and heart rate was way up when I realized I had on my helmet, full riding leathers, heavy boots, and those gloves that have the nasty solid plastic knuckles. It would have been a hell of a fight. Hope the mangy thing doesn't get out the next time I come back from road cycling. I'd hate to have to scare it off with a water bottle.
 
I hate dog owners that can't control/contain their animals properly.
 
I agree. I have been a dog owner for 50 years and I have zero tolerance for aggressive or vicious animals. If the owner can't keep a dog like that confined it should be destroyed the first time it bites somebody. If my own dog attacked anybody for any reason he would never see another sunrise (and I love my dog).

Chip
 
ChipBeck_imp said:
I agree. I have been a dog owner for 50 years and I have zero tolerance for aggressive or vicious animals. If the owner can't keep a dog like that confined it should be destroyed the first time it bites somebody. If my own dog attacked anybody for any reason he would never see another sunrise (and I love my dog).

Chip
+1^
 
Thread starter
buck80mph_imp said:
ChipBeck_imp said:
I agree. I have been a dog owner for 50 years and I have zero tolerance for aggressive or vicious animals. If the owner can't keep a dog like that confined it should be destroyed the first time it bites somebody. If my own dog attacked anybody for any reason he would never see another sunrise (and I love my dog).

Chip
+1^
+1^ I quite agree. I just feel lucky I wasn't on my bicycle.
 
Being a certified dog nut (have had terriers, hounds, spaniels, pointers, etc. and almost always multiple dogs), I understand and am extremely tolerant of 'bad behaviors'; however, I cannot tolerate unprovoked aggression.

The other thing that drives me crazy is senseless, non-stop barking. The sweet song of the hound on a scent is music to my ears, the neighbors dog that barks all day long at imaginary beings or your aunt's little 'whatever-****z' that has that 100 db non-stop yap at about 18,000 Hz...well that is another story
 
Thread starter
oldgoat01_imp said:
Being a certified dog nut (have had terriers, hounds, spaniels, pointers, etc. and almost always multiple dogs), I understand and am extremely tolerant of 'bad behaviors'; however, I cannot tolerate unprovoked aggression.

The other thing that drives me crazy is senseless, non-stop barking. The sweet song of the hound on a scent is music to my ears, the neighbors dog that barks all day long at imaginary beings or your aunt's little 'whatever-****z' that has that 100 db non-stop yap at about 18,000 Hz...well that is another story
Then "White Fang" up the street is going to be your new favorite dog. I actually should call her "Batard". Hopefully it will not happen again.:(
 
_imp said:
oldgoat01_imp said:
Being a certified dog nut (have had terriers, hounds, spaniels, pointers, etc. and almost always multiple dogs), I understand and am extremely tolerant of 'bad behaviors'; however, I cannot tolerate unprovoked aggression.

The other thing that drives me crazy is senseless, non-stop barking. The sweet song of the hound on a scent is music to my ears, the neighbors dog that barks all day long at imaginary beings or your aunt's little 'whatever-****z' that has that 100 db non-stop yap at about 18,000 Hz...well that is another story
Then "White Fang" up the street is going to be your new favorite dog. I actually should call her "Batard". Hopefully it will not happen again.:(
Then "White Fang" up the street is going to be your new favorite dog. I actually should call her "Batard". Hopefully it will not happen again.:(
I would've given that retarded owner an earful, and then some. Something along the lines of "If that dog ever touches me, I will own your house, all the furniture in it, your car and your first born child."

Once when I was riding my bicycle on city streets, a little spaniel bolted from its front yard -- the owner was standing right there -- and seemed to be attempting to bite my foot or ankle as I rode by. I took my foot off the pedal, raised my leg rearward and lowered the boom on the little maniac. Nailed him right at the base of his skull and away he went, tumbling in my wake. The owner yelled "Muffy!" in horror as I landed the blow then peddled merrily away, yelling back to the owner as I left, "Get a leash!"

Just so all you dog-lovers know, the dog jumped right to its feet after tumbling a few times and appeared unharmed. I actually like most dogs. It's just that so many idiotic and irresponsible owners don't control their animals that I have soured on most of the owners...
 
_imp said:
oldgoat01_imp said:
Being a certified dog nut (have had terriers, hounds, spaniels, pointers, etc. and almost always multiple dogs), I understand and am extremely tolerant of 'bad behaviors'; however, I cannot tolerate unprovoked aggression.

The other thing that drives me crazy is senseless, non-stop barking. The sweet song of the hound on a scent is music to my ears, the neighbors dog that barks all day long at imaginary beings or your aunt's little 'whatever-****z' that has that 100 db non-stop yap at about 18,000 Hz...well that is another story
Then "White Fang" up the street is going to be your new favorite dog. I actually should call her "Batard". Hopefully it will not happen again.:(
Then "White Fang" up the street is going to be your new favorite dog. I actually should call her "Batard". Hopefully it will not happen again.:( So aggressive and a barker? Lovely combination.
 
Thread starter
I think I am going to file a complaint with animal control about this. My neighbor agreed to be a witness and there is already one citation to this owner.
 
_imp said:
I think I am going to file a complaint with animal control about this. My neighbor agreed to be a witness and there is already one citation to this owner.
That's probably the best course; I've done the same with some success in the past. Dogs like the one you describe rarely improve their behavior as that would require the owner to give a damn and be less than oblivious about their animal. I wish you luck in this, but be prepared to persist to get results from animal control. Hopefully they are less lackadaisical than they are where I live.
 
Thread starter
Scoobynut_imp said:
_imp said:
I think I am going to file a complaint with animal control about this. My neighbor agreed to be a witness and there is already one citation to this owner.
That's probably the best course; I've done the same with some success in the past. Dogs like the one you describe rarely improve their behavior as that would require the owner to give a damn and be less than oblivious about their animal. I wish you luck in this, but be prepared to persist to get results from animal control. Hopefully they are less lackadaisical than they are where I live.
That's probably the best course; I've done the same with some success in the past. Dogs like the one you describe rarely improve their behavior as that would require the owner to give a damn and be less than oblivious about their animal. I wish you luck in this, but be prepared to persist to get results from animal control. Hopefully they are less lackadaisical than they are where I live. Thanks, I appreciate that info.
 
I've always been a Schnauzer man myself. I always contain my dogs and I have never had one show the least bit of aggression. In fact, if I had a thief visit, my dogs would probably want to play. (not really) But, they know what's expected of them. I've had 5 and soon to get number 6. They make great watch dogs because their hearing is so good. They are extremely smart so I teach them not to be yappers. They will bark when they need to warn you, though.

One of the advantages of a sidecar is because of the dog. They love it! I have a small Susuki with a sidecar and soon I will have a CB1100 with one as well. It's great to be able to take your dog with you!
Ride Safe(ly)
 
Thread starter
Buffalohead_imp said:
I've always been a Schnauzer man myself. I always contain my dogs and I have never had one show the least bit of aggression. In fact, if I had a thief visit, my dogs would probably want to play. (not really) But, they know what's expected of them. I've had 5 and soon to get number 6. They make great watch dogs because their hearing is so good. They are extremely smart so I teach them not to be yappers. They will bark when they need to warn you, though.

One of the advantages of a sidecar is because of the dog. They love it! I have a small Susuki with a sidecar and soon I will have a CB1100 with one as well. It's great to be able to take your dog with you!
Ride Safe(ly)
The CB should be a superb bike in terms of having the power to pull along a sidecar!
 
V452CB1100 wrote:

The CB should be a superb bike in terms of having the power to pull along a sidecar!


********************************************

Yeah, I can't wait! I'm really excited about it!
 
Thread starter
Buffalohead_imp said:
V452CB1100 wrote:

The CB should be a superb bike in terms of having the power to pull along a sidecar!


********************************************

Yeah, I can't wait! I'm really excited about it!
There is no better feeling.
 
Back
Top