Isle of Man Lap Record

I was good for about 4 minutes of watching. Those guys are insane. Hey did ya see Capo at the 3:20 mark? (just kidding)
 
Pretty amazing. I'm curious, can any and if so what kind of car keep up with that? Indy Car or F1 ?
 
Thread starter
F1 cars turn faster laps than Motogp bikes because with the larger tire contact patches they generate higher cornering speeds and can get on throttle sooner out of a corner. The bike Dunlop was riding is a BMW with modifications similar to a World Super Bike. If Motogp bikes were used at Isle of Man they would be faster but not as fast as a F1 car I think.
 
redbirds_imp said:
F1 cars turn faster laps than Motogp bikes because with the larger tire contact patches they generate higher cornering speeds and can get on throttle sooner out of a corner. The bike Dunlop was riding is a BMW with modifications similar to a World Super Bike. If Motogp bikes were used at Isle of Man they would be faster but not as fast as a F1 car I think.
Lap times

Sepang: The F1 record is 1:34.2 and the Moto GP record is 1:59.7

COTA: MotoGP 2:02, F1 1:37.

IOM:

1. Piloting a Subaru WRX STI fettled by racing outfit Prodrive, Higgins managed a time of 17 min 35.139 sec at an average speed of 207.17 km/h (128.73 mph). Car record for IOM.

2. Michael Dunlop flew the flag for two-wheelers with a blistering 16 min 58.254 sec lap, making him the first rider to ever complete the course in under 17 minutes. With an average speed of 214.68 km/h (133.39 mph).

Cheers
 
Wow!
He rides the mountain course at an AVERAGE speed that is higher than I will ever ride a TOP speed on a straight street.... pretty amazing
 
Back
Top