Is this the correct OEM rack for my 2013?

buckwheat_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Hello All,

Will this rack fit my 2013? If I remember correctly it looks like a 2014 rack. Will a 2013 OEM fit a 2014 standard or 2014 Deluxe? I am not very seasoned at posting pics so I hope this works. I have them hosted at "imgbb" Direct links are below.

IMG 4885 hosted at ImgBB

IMG 4884 hosted at ImgBB

IMG 4883 hosted at ImgBB

IMG 4882 hosted at ImgBB

IMG 4881 hosted at ImgBB

IMG 4880 hosted at ImgBB

The direct links posted oddly only show a fraction of the photo, however the public album pics at the bottom will show the entire picture as taken by my camera.

I've only had this bike for the summer's riding even though I bought it last fall. I finally pulled the trigger on an OEM rack from an authorized Honda bike dealer on eBay but I am not sure if it is for my year 2013 standard. I say standard but I don't think 2013 had a Deluxe. With the crazy stunt Photobucket did most of the posts with pictures on this forum are of no use as I have tried to search posts with OEM racks. Most of the accessory posts are very old now as the bikes are 4 and 3 years old. Combine that with the Photobucket issue and it makes searching this website difficult for pictures, especially from older posts.

It is sad that I have to preface this question for the thread but please do not post to this thread about where you got your rack 3 years ago or what other rack you use. If you feel the need to do that then start your own thread please. I have a specific question about this rack pictured and if anyone recognizes it to be year specific or if you are POSITIVE or it WILL or WILL NOT fit a 2013 please post your answer. I appreciate this website and everyone on it.

Thanks
 
You are right about the 2013 models. One was ABS and one not. The same otherwise.

That rack is not a 2013 rack. I have one and it has round cross bars, not flat like the one in your pics. I think it is for a 2014. And I THINK the DLX takes a different one, but I'd have to do some research to be sure.

The '14s have a different frame angle so although the rack may fit, it won't be flat. I can't remember all the combos of years and racks though.
 
I have a 2013 with OEM rack. The cross bars on mine are round in section. That one has flat cross bars, and as I recall from some previous reading on here, that one fits the '14. Just as I recall, however, not POSITIVE.

Ben
 
Here's your pictures, buckwheat.

9b5b289618cab2f0358a9e18c8d23d13.jpg


5a48c52d574ce18244be2794515935e4.jpg


2a46558f79680f2247b136f4530522a9.jpg


dc7dbe93eb1db0c4d0ba4f60427f6399.jpg


0c128f92bf937b059b34e3ca4e285d0b.jpg


87760e03fc7976119502baf1b43ac6c0.jpg
 
Thread starter
I think both of you are right. I read this forum 2 years ago for a year before i bought my bike, so it's hard to remember those details from 2 years ago without a purchase, especially with Photobucket mess. The seller had a pic posted of the round bars across with the 4 hole tabs welded to the rack frame as I think a 2013 should but I got this rack instead of the pic posted. Thank you both for confirming your OEM 2013 racks. If there are still others out there that know for certain this rack OEM rack will not fit a 2013, feel free to reply.
 
Definitely a 14 and later rack
The longer bolt fit the front holes closest to the driver and the shorter bolts to the rear near the tail light
I just installed mine this weekend and learned the hard way (no instruction page as I bought it used)
 
This is not 2014 oem standard rack. If it is for a 2014 it is for a dlx not a standard.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
 
The 2013 rack with round cross bars was replaced by the 2014 rack with flat cross bars. It comes with the instructions and hardware to allow it to be instslled on all 2013 and 2014 models. Page one of the instructions (CB1100) is for both 2013 models and the 2014 black standard. Page two of the instructions (CB1100SA) is for the 2014 DLX. The instructions will tell you which hardware pieces to use for your model. The rack will sit at a slight angle on the standards compared to the discontinued 2013 rack due to the longer rear supports. The updated 2014 rack accepts Honda's oem top box that Samurider sells, the 2013 rack does not. Samurider lists the top box as a complete kit including the rack. If you buy the rack from a dealer and then decide you want the top box, email Samurider for a quote without the rack. The top box is not available from US dealers. I believe Samurider still has some 2013 racks if you prefer how it looks and you'll never be adding an oem top box.
 
That is the same rack that I installed on my 2013. It will fit and look good.
 
Thread starter
THANK YOU BestStand for the awesome detailed response and kennyw for the confirmation pic!

It's good info to know (and I didn't know that) this rack is updated and universal to all years Standard if not the Deluxes. The dealer didn't send instructions for hardware. I have taken detailed pics of the hardware- pics below. Any chance you guys know what hardware I need and where it goes on the rack and bike? I would like to spend less time fiddling with it and without the possibility of dropping or scratching it, so knowing beforehand where the bits and pieces go would be awesome.

8863d032ddea0d63bfc004519a170dbc.jpg


d3faec77f8d59c7c15c3781351b9ae57.jpg


34dfb5c10e3cefd69ca2a1c495682f44.jpg


a4c5fc11be47b07318b40937afce2461.jpg
 
Instructions are on the site I listed above
 
Popgun, I followed your link and got a message telling me my sssion had expired and I had to log in again. I then couldn't find the home page. It leads me to believe you have to join something to access the instructions.

Edit: more research done. Buckwheat, go to this page http://cssportal.css-club.net/honda/MCA/TERMS010.aspx and accept the conditions. Then you can follow the prompts.
 
Cormanus, your link does the same thing. If one gets the session time-out page, just click on the TOP PAGE link in the upper right and go from there.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Cormanus, your link does the same thing. If one gets the session time-out page, just click on the TOP PAGE link in the upper right and go from there.
Thanks. I posted the wrong link, didn't I?
 
Back
Top