Is this so-called HIFLO "HF 204" premium oil filter good?

About the same price online
 
Thread starter
LongRanger, solely because of the slick ADVERTISING on Amazon.com and lure of a somewhat lower price compared to Honda OEM . . . lol
 
dsinned_imp said:
Here's a link to it on Amazon.com, with lots of great reviews at a very reasonable price ($7.89 each, shipped). In the product description it says it specifically is a replacement for Honda's OEM filter, p/n: 15410-MFJ-D01.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00230...UTF8&psc=1

I've seen some derogatory online posts about the K&N 204 filters of late, so I'm going to change to this one and give it a try.

Comments?


Dennis that's the filter I have been using last 3 oil changes....I like them...


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
I've had a HiFlo Filter on my bike since Pterodactyl had a scare with a K&N filter and had to replace it in a hurry. I swapped my K&N out at the first opportunity too.

It seems fine to me and came highly recommended.
 
SamMac took apart an OEM Honda filter and posted pictures of it in another thread, worth checking out before you "save" $2 on a critical component.
 
Thread starter
Thanks for everybody's comments.

Well, we seem evenly divided on this product, but I think the risk is quite low of it causing an real issues, so I'm still going to give it a try. For all we know Honda OEM filters are made by the same company with just different silkscreen markings on the outside.
 
When I was in business we sold a lot of Hi-Flo filters. I took many apart and compared them to others. They were very well made. We
sold a lot of them, they also made OEM filters for KTM. When K&N started to use them for their filters I used them on my own bikes.
To bad K& N decided to use someone else. Seems like the K&Ns have gone down hill.
 
dsinned_imp said:
Here's a link to it on Amazon.com, with lots of great reviews at a very reasonable price ($7.89 each, shipped). In the product description it says it specifically is a replacement for Honda's OEM filter, p/n: 15410-MFJ-D01.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00230...UTF8&psc=1

I've seen some derogatory online posts about the K&N 204 filters of late, so I'm going to change to this one and give it a try.

Comments?

Dont be concerned with using hi flow have been fitting them in the workshop to dozens an d dozens of bikes for many years no issues
 
I mentioned the K&N failure on another board, and no one there has had any problems whatsoever with their filters; it was mentioned that it could be something peculiar to the CB1100 -- perhaps it runs at a high oil pressure? High oil pressure was mentioned as a common cause of oil filter failures.
 
From the service manual: Oil pressure at EOP switch: 71-85psi at 5000rpm/176degrees F

Is that high for bikes?
 
Back
Top