Gsnyder70_imp
First service completed
Thread starter
So, I walked out to my bike on Friday to come home from work and had two old guys looking at my bike. They were in agreement that my valves needed adjusting as the discoloration of my header was a direct symptom. The bike is under warranty (if that matters), but I figured I'd check with you experts on what you think.
Is this discoloration a symptom of valves that need adjusting?
Or is it just something I need to clean with some polish?
Is it possible effing around and revving the bike at stoplights exacerbated the discoloration? (I may or may not do this on occasion).
Is this even the bluing that people talk about?
This is my first street bike after having a couple dirt bikes years ago, and having chrome to polish is something new to me. I'll gladly put in the elbow work if that's all that's needed, but I don't want to ride up to the servicing shop unless I need to. It's a freeway ride into north Baltimore that just isn't much fun.
Anyways, any advice or constructive criticism would be appreciated.
Is this discoloration a symptom of valves that need adjusting?
Or is it just something I need to clean with some polish?
Is it possible effing around and revving the bike at stoplights exacerbated the discoloration? (I may or may not do this on occasion).
Is this even the bluing that people talk about?
This is my first street bike after having a couple dirt bikes years ago, and having chrome to polish is something new to me. I'll gladly put in the elbow work if that's all that's needed, but I don't want to ride up to the servicing shop unless I need to. It's a freeway ride into north Baltimore that just isn't much fun.
Anyways, any advice or constructive criticism would be appreciated.
), my pipes started to turn the slightest bit blue at the top, but the rest of them started turning a uniform gold hue. I treated them with OptiGlanz (see link below) and that brought them back to a nice silver colour, but some freckling remained. I was able to get the freckles off with a good metal polish/bluing remover. After that treatment, it took longer for the uniform gold hue to return, but the bluing never came back.