GoldOxide_imp
Road warrior
Agreed.Gone in 60_imp said:Yeah, somehow I don't think I'd be able to sully the lines of the Griso with my Givi work trunk. The CB doesn't mind it so much.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Agreed.Gone in 60_imp said:Yeah, somehow I don't think I'd be able to sully the lines of the Griso with my Givi work trunk. The CB doesn't mind it so much.
Dave Swanson_imp said:As I said I love the V7 but the Griso is a very special bike! Once the stock fueling is sorted with a good map (there is an excellent source) the engine is like nothing else. Turbine smooth with plenty of power!
[url=https://postimg.cc/k60wb5d6]
Don't get me wrong though. I still love my CB1100
[url=https://postimg.cc/s1qk5QgN]


.Here is my test report after riding a Grisotreedoc_imp said:That Griso looks awesome... I wanted to ride one when I was buying the CB but there aren't many around. A comparo write up against the CB would be interesting.
In regards to HP, it depends where you are riding, back when I had the 500 we were living rural, small roads with lots of tight corners, a bit of gravel, no highways. For sure the 1100 doesn't go great on gravel, but it is less fun on even the small sealed roads than the 500 was I rekon.
We moved, still rural, some corners, but a 25km stretch of expressway that I travel to work and back on. The 1100 is far better suited and could use a few more HP at times.
We don't really have the long distance highway riding here like in the US, most rides you have to chuck her around a few corners to get where your going.
I have found the 1100 has mellowed out my riding a bit, makes me feel like a gentleman riding her.
Here is my test report after riding a GrisoThe ferret_imp said:Here is my test report after riding a Grisotreedoc_imp said:That Griso looks awesome... I wanted to ride one when I was buying the CB but there aren't many around. A comparo write up against the CB would be interesting.
In regards to HP, it depends where you are riding, back when I had the 500 we were living rural, small roads with lots of tight corners, a bit of gravel, no highways. For sure the 1100 doesn't go great on gravel, but it is less fun on even the small sealed roads than the 500 was I rekon.
We moved, still rural, some corners, but a 25km stretch of expressway that I travel to work and back on. The 1100 is far better suited and could use a few more HP at times.
We don't really have the long distance highway riding here like in the US, most rides you have to chuck her around a few corners to get where your going.
I have found the 1100 has mellowed out my riding a bit, makes me feel like a gentleman riding her.
http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=8989


(+1) It is really good lookin'. (and shaft drive)treedoc_imp said:Thanks Ferret, good write up. You talk about getting back on the CB and appreciating how sorted it is, that was my first impression riding it.
Everything feels premium, its funny you mentioned the Griso stand, because that is one of the things I love about the CB, it is somehow satisfying to kick the stand down, 'thunk'!
Im not sure about the slight 'miss' with the valve timing, it seems in contrast with the overall sophistication of the rest of the bike.
The Griso appealed to me initially for the same reason as the CB, it looks great, no weird shaped lights, no plastic covering everything. Not classic like the CB but a very good looking bike.
I agree. The emissions regs will kill the current version of the CB1100 in UK and I'd be surprised if Honda import the next one, given the low sales volumes.Richard_imp said:I agree. The emissions regs will kill the current version of the CB1100 in UK and I'd be surprised if Honda import the next one, given the low sales volumes.Jfro5687_imp said:To be honest, I'm a little surprised that Honda UK continue to list the CB1100.Jfro5687_imp said:To be honest, I'm a little surprised that Honda UK continue to list the CB1100.Richard_imp said:To be honest, I'm a little surprised that Honda UK continue to list the CB1100.GoldOxide_imp said:Start savin' up yer pounds folks.
According to the government registrations, there were only 35 2019 EX's registered in 2019 and slightly fewer RS's. In comparison with (for example) the Bonneville T100/T120 these numbers are tiny and probably equal about 5% of Triumph volumes - and that's excluding all the Thruxton/Scrambler Bonneville derivatives...
Having said that according to some British motorcycling press sources (and apologies if this has been seen/discussed in the past), a new CB1100 may be on the horizon.
This report (from July 2019) discusses the potential introduction of a Euro 5 compliant version...
Patents hint at new Honda CB1100
According to the government registrations, there were only 35 2019 EX's registered in 2019 and slightly fewer RS's. In comparison with (for example) the Bonneville T100/T120 these numbers are tiny and probably equal about 5% of Triumph volumes - and that's excluding all the Thruxton/Scrambler Bonneville derivatives...
Having said that according to some British motorcycling press sources (and apologies if this has been seen/discussed in the past), a new CB1100 may be on the horizon.
This report (from July 2019) discusses the potential introduction of a Euro 5 compliant version...
Patents hint at new Honda CB1100
According to the government registrations, there were only 35 2019 EX's registered in 2019 and slightly fewer RS's. In comparison with (for example) the Bonneville T100/T120 these numbers are tiny and probably equal about 5% of Triumph volumes - and that's excluding all the Thruxton/Scrambler Bonneville derivatives...
Having said that according to some British motorcycling press sources (and apologies if this has been seen/discussed in the past), a new CB1100 may be on the horizon.
This report (from July 2019) discusses the potential introduction of a Euro 5 compliant version...
Patents hint at new Honda CB1100 Apologies. Bit clunky this post of mine. Sausage fingers. What I was trying to write is that I've just bought a new 2019 EX because (it seems to me) that the days of the CB are nearly over (in the UK anyway). With Euro 5 & 6 looming fast. There's a fair few on the used market here but the pool of new ones seems to be getting smaller all the time. The Honda dealer I'm using says there are no more coming. I had an itch to try out Moto Guzzi, so over the last 6 months or so I have been running around on them. Nice bikes but my heart/head is with the CB so decided to get one while I still can. The Guzzi has been traded.
So, yes, I think you've done the right thing in grabbing one while you can.
I was interested in the Guzzi's because they use shaft drive, but in the end, the Honda is far more authentic imo. Which MG did you try?

The ferret_imp said:Here is my test report after riding a Grisotreedoc_imp said:That Griso looks awesome... I wanted to ride one when I was buying the CB but there aren't many around. A comparo write up against the CB would be interesting.
In regards to HP, it depends where you are riding, back when I had the 500 we were living rural, small roads with lots of tight corners, a bit of gravel, no highways. For sure the 1100 doesn't go great on gravel, but it is less fun on even the small sealed roads than the 500 was I rekon.
We moved, still rural, some corners, but a 25km stretch of expressway that I travel to work and back on. The 1100 is far better suited and could use a few more HP at times.
We don't really have the long distance highway riding here like in the US, most rides you have to chuck her around a few corners to get where your going.
I have found the 1100 has mellowed out my riding a bit, makes me feel like a gentleman riding her.
http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=8989


Sounds like we are on the same page when it comes to the bikes we like. The Speed Twin (in red and black) was a very close competitor when I was choosing my CB1100. In the end, I got a great deal on the CB and that probably pushed my decision. On top of that, the Speed Twin is a slightly more "frantic" ride - one of those bike that urges you to go faster.michael1954_imp said:I agree. The emissions regs will kill the current version of the CB1100 in UK and I'd be surprised if Honda import the next one, given the low sales volumes.Richard_imp said:I agree. The emissions regs will kill the current version of the CB1100 in UK and I'd be surprised if Honda import the next one, given the low sales volumes.Jfro5687_imp said:To be honest, I'm a little surprised that Honda UK continue to list the CB1100.Jfro5687_imp said:To be honest, I'm a little surprised that Honda UK continue to list the CB1100.Richard_imp said:To be honest, I'm a little surprised that Honda UK continue to list the CB1100.GoldOxide_imp said:Start savin' up yer pounds folks.
According to the government registrations, there were only 35 2019 EX's registered in 2019 and slightly fewer RS's. In comparison with (for example) the Bonneville T100/T120 these numbers are tiny and probably equal about 5% of Triumph volumes - and that's excluding all the Thruxton/Scrambler Bonneville derivatives...
Having said that according to some British motorcycling press sources (and apologies if this has been seen/discussed in the past), a new CB1100 may be on the horizon.
This report (from July 2019) discusses the potential introduction of a Euro 5 compliant version...
Patents hint at new Honda CB1100
According to the government registrations, there were only 35 2019 EX's registered in 2019 and slightly fewer RS's. In comparison with (for example) the Bonneville T100/T120 these numbers are tiny and probably equal about 5% of Triumph volumes - and that's excluding all the Thruxton/Scrambler Bonneville derivatives...
Having said that according to some British motorcycling press sources (and apologies if this has been seen/discussed in the past), a new CB1100 may be on the horizon.
This report (from July 2019) discusses the potential introduction of a Euro 5 compliant version...
Patents hint at new Honda CB1100
According to the government registrations, there were only 35 2019 EX's registered in 2019 and slightly fewer RS's. In comparison with (for example) the Bonneville T100/T120 these numbers are tiny and probably equal about 5% of Triumph volumes - and that's excluding all the Thruxton/Scrambler Bonneville derivatives...
Having said that according to some British motorcycling press sources (and apologies if this has been seen/discussed in the past), a new CB1100 may be on the horizon.
This report (from July 2019) discusses the potential introduction of a Euro 5 compliant version...
Patents hint at new Honda CB1100 Apologies. Bit clunky this post of mine. Sausage fingers. What I was trying to write is that I've just bought a new 2019 EX because (it seems to me) that the days of the CB are nearly over (in the UK anyway). With Euro 5 & 6 looming fast. There's a fair few on the used market here but the pool of new ones seems to be getting smaller all the time. The Honda dealer I'm using says there are no more coming. I had an itch to try out Moto Guzzi, so over the last 6 months or so I have been running around on them. Nice bikes but my heart/head is with the CB so decided to get one while I still can. The Guzzi has been traded.
So, yes, I think you've done the right thing in grabbing one while you can.
I was interested in the Guzzi's because they use shaft drive, but in the end, the Honda is far more authentic imo. Which MG did you try?
So, yes, I think you've done the right thing in grabbing one while you can.
I was interested in the Guzzi's because they use shaft drive, but in the end, the Honda is far more authentic imo. Which MG did you try? I did just that. Bought a 2017 CB1100EX about 3 weeks ago with only 1200 miles on it. My 2013, has about 7400 miles. Still a babe to me. I will keep them both, and long with my 2018 Kawasaki Z900RS, they may be the last bikes I ever buy. If I buy even one more, it is going to be a Triumph Speed Twin 1200 in Red and black.
I too, wished I had bought my 2013 CB new, but I have been riding since 1969, and always wanted a CB750. I can still ride and will ride for the rest of my life. Now if Honda will just release the Blacked out CB1100 RS here, I will own 3 CB1100's!

The $100 map is an unofficial map not authorized by Moto Guzzi, but it does wonders.The ferret_imp said:you know it's a shame when a factory puts out a product that doesnt come close to meeting its potential. the 2006 Yamaha FZ-1 comes to mind, as does the first year Yamaha FZ-09. both bikes had such horrible fueling issues as to be nearly unridable. Sounds like the Griso falls into that category as well. Fixable for $100? why in the world didnt Guzzi do it as a freebie recall? crazy.
would welcome the opportunity to ride a sorted one.
Can't speculate as there may be a tsunami coming to American Honda soon.........peterbaron_imp said:PG, will you speculate about newer, a rubber-mounted front engine mount CB ???