Is it possible for 2014 non DLX to have ABS?

enterlance_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Hi everyone I'm new to this forum and am excited for about to have my CB1100!

So here's my confusion, I was looking for CB1100 on craigslist and this ad got my attention:
$7500, 1618miles, 2014 model, black, with exhaust/engine guard/rack/etc etc...

at first I thought it is a little expensive than I thought. But I called the guy anyway, and he told me the bike has ABS. according to the pictures he provides, the bike is not the Deluxe version as it only has one pipe.

But I thought only Deluxe version comes with ABS for 2014 model? Is it possible for a 2014 CB1100 having ABS and not being a Deluxe?

Please help!
 
Hi enterlance, and welcome to the forum.

Unless the ABS has been retrofitted, the 2014 black standard model will not have it. The guy may be taken in by the speed sensor on the rear wheel. If the bike has ABS it will have a similar sensor wheel in the front. I'm willing to bet it doesn't.
 
I am positive my 2014 standard (black, single muffler (4 into 1) doesn't have ABS. As you mentioned, my bike does have the speed sensor ring on the rear wheel, but none on the front wheel. To have ABS, the bike would require sensors on front and rear wheels.
 
Unfortunately even those that work at dealerships are confused and continue to give out the wrong info on this.
 
Yeah, obviously not ABS. Price looks to me like he is trying to get his accessory money back.
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Yeah, obviously not ABS. Price looks to me like he is trying to get his accessory money back.
Yeah, that's what I thought too. I will try to talk to him get the price down a little bit. Given the fact Seattle dealers can give me some deal like 8 grands otd, I don't really consider this is a good deal. But I've been looking for 14 CB 1100 for month, it's just rare around the bay area.
 
It's about $1500 too expensive in my opinion, but it looks good and if it's what you're after, you'll forget what you paid. $7500 is about what you should expect to pay for a '14 DLX in immaculate condition (especially for a two-owner bike).
 
Thread starter
LongRanger_imp said:
It's about $1500 too expensive in my opinion, but it looks good and if it's what you're after, you'll forget what you paid. $7500 is about what you should expect to pay for a '14 DLX in immaculate condition (especially for a two-owner bike).
Exactly! I actually got hot headed and was about too check the bike, but the seller said he's not available until this weekend so I calmed down and came here to do some research. And I'm pretty sure I will forget what I paid and have fun all summer with her like LongRanger said!
 
It's not clear to me, but is he saying the accessories, which are not shown, are included?

And ... why would you ride a bike without a mirror?
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
It's not clear to me, but is he saying the accessories, which are not shown, are included?

And ... why would you ride a bike without a mirror?
i know right, so i was about to check it out...
but hey, after reading all these responses, maybe i would rather to wait for a better deal!
 
If you do buy it, and get the accessories, you can sell that Staintune for a pretty penny.
 
enterlance_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
If you do buy it, and get the accessories, you can sell that Staintune for a pretty penny.
Thats what I'm thinking too.
Thats what I'm thinking too.
Or keep it and put it on the bike. Many people on this forum swear by them.
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
enterlance_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
If you do buy it, and get the accessories, you can sell that Staintune for a pretty penny.
Thats what I'm thinking too.
Thats what I'm thinking too.
Or keep it and put it on the bike. Many people on this forum swear by them.
Thats what I'm thinking too.
Or keep it and put it on the bike. Many people on this forum swear by them.
then i guess the bike is worth the money... or close?
The other one i'm looking at is in Portland: https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/mcy/6119183730.html
higher mileages, but i need to ride it back all the way from Oregon.
 
EmptySea_imp said:
you say "but i need to ride it back all the way from Oregon" like that's a bad thing. LOL
Only the soaking wet parts.
 
Thread starter
EmptySea_imp said:
you say "but i need to ride it back all the way from Oregon" like that's a bad thing. LOL
definitely not lol, but I am just thinking the time/money value part of my investment. I will definitely spend a lot time with it.
 
What better thing could you do than ride a new (to you) motorcycle "all the way from Oregon"?

Except that you're likely to have a slightly sore bum, yo'll be very good friends with it by the time you get home. $1,500 will buy you some fuel, a comfy bed, and a meal or two on the way home. :D
 
Back
Top