Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I could hear much foot peg scrape on that Golwing chase LOLThe ferret_imp said:use2be, there was a guy that rode the Dragon and would video your runs for you. He rode a Goldwing. I believe Yellow Wolf was his name. He had to take it easy for the sport bike riders so he wouldn't run over them, but I don't know anyone who would seriously consider a GL1800 a sport bike, even if ridden like one


Judging a bike as to its purpose based on a single characteristic might lead to an inaccurate conclusion.LongRanger_imp said:A "sport bike" compared to what, a '73 CB350? Sure. Compared to a S1000RR? Seriously?
This isn't to say the CB can't be ridden swiftly, even sportingly, but to categorize it as a de facto "sport bike" is a stretch. It's a "standard."
I don't know of Yellow Wolf, but I have known many, many riders who rode the wheels off of very unlikely motorcycles. Being fast was very important to these riders. Some rode only one category, some rode several. I can think at the moment of two guys who had 1980's GSX-R 1100s, with the "superbike" bars, and also had the Yamaha Venture Royale touring bikes.4 Paws_imp said:Believe I read recently that Yellow wolf had gone down and was seriously injured.
If the only two choices to categorize the CB1100 were sport or cruiser I'm afraid I would have to respond yes.
Good that this is a bike that can fulfill so many roles, so well.Tim_in_AZ_imp said:My mods also lean to the sporty side.


It's certainly not the highest-performing sportbike, but then they heavily weight these so-called shootouts toward track performance. The GSX-R 750 was the best middleweight sportbike that same year in CW's shootout, held at Chuckwalla, one of my favorite tracks.RockHop_imp said:For what it' worth .... (hint: not much)
Cycle World named the CB1100 as the best STANDARD bike of the year in 2013
RideApart named it the best RETRO bike
Motorcycle.com named it the best STANDARD bike
MotorCycleNews named it the best RETRO bike
The SPORT bike category was a battle between the Ducati 899 Panigale, the Triumph Daytona, BMW HP4, etc.
Does this mean the CB isn't a sport bike? Nope, just not in the running for the best sportbike.