CB Cycles_imp
First service completed
Big side by sides and ATV's offer more profit on the sale, more accessories and a bigger service ticket also..... sad but true. All the main line dealers here in Dallas have show rooms full of the things.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

)Like the TV news, people are attracted to You Tube videos of danger and violence. Our local station tried a happy news item at the end of each newscast, but stopped because it did not interest the viewers.F800GT_imp said:I am wondering if all the road rages that we see nowadays just simply scare people in getting a street motorcycle. I know some hard core dirt-bike motorcyclists, they would get in the dirt any time, but just don't ask them to get on the road with other cars and trucks around.
I believe the heritage motorcycles like the CB1100 and Bonneville are less attractive to young riders, because they didn't ride in the 60s and 70s. They have no idea what a 4-cylinder Honda or Triumph Bonneville should look like, and probably don't care. But we do.Rboe_imp said:Stopped by a local dealer up in Anthem. He used to have three dealership up in the northeast (New Hamshire) and closed them during the great recession. Moved back to AZ and opened a new dealership.
He says he sells mostly ATV/UTV's, then dirt bikes followed by adventure bikes. Slowest moving bikes - the big cruisers.
He had plenty of inventory; even the big bikes; I assume the diversity of inventory keeps feet in the building. I was there to look at new old stock Yamaha Roadliner. Love the Art Deco style but I tend to fit the tall bikes like your adventure bikes so I should stick with those.
Now Honda is pushing the mid sized bikes, and smaller intro sized bikes (CB300, CB500's) and I understand they are selling fairly well. Something they need to do; bring in younger newer riders since the industry needs new blood. Look at all the old farts that have to give up riding or really adjust their ride (three wheelers, scooters, golf carts.....). So it's nice to have bikes for the old timers, but frankly, our demographic is dying off.![]()
I agree. I'd add that probably half the motorcycle buying public realizes that that $13,000 MSRP bike can be had a year and a half 'old' with 400 miles on the ODO on the used market for $6500 and looks for one of them because either they know they're only going to put 1K miles a year on it anyway, and/or their toy budget is small.kballowe_imp said:Trends.
Fads.
Whatever.
25 years ago, the showrooms were flush in watercraft.
10-15 years ago, 2-wheeled motorcycles were stacked in there like cord wood.
....NOW - ATV/UTVs are parked inside and outside, all over the lawn.
Maybe it's like that. I mean like, who wants a motorcycle that doesn't already have one? This is February, and I can go to Craigslist and search for used motorcycles and get 2,500 hits. That's the "by owner" bikes. Plenty inventory available.
Next opinion, please.