Is anyone near Buena Park, can pick up my motorcycle?

ryanschillinger_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Sorry to ask, but my bike is just about a mile down the road but I got some sort of peripheral vertigo and had to go to the ER. I can't drive or ride my bike until at least Saturday. If anyone is in the area I would obviously trust another CB rider to get my bike home without damage. If anyone is in the area today I'd really appreciate it. Otherwise I'm hoping to find out how much it will cost to get it towed
 
I'm down in Corona del Mar but unfortunately I'm in meetings all day today. If it can wait until this evening I can probably get to Buena Park by 7 or so.
 
Thread starter
Oh that's a long trip just to do that, a tow guy can bring it here for like $70 so I wouldn't worry about it if you're that far away. I really appreciate the offer. I can hardly move my head without getting nauseous, this Sucks.
 
ryanschillinger_imp said:
Oh that's a long trip just to do that, a tow guy can bring it here for like $70 so I wouldn't worry about it if you're that far away. I really appreciate the offer. I can hardly move my head without getting nauseous, this Sucks.
Take it easy Ryan. Hope it soon passes.
 
Dang, I'm about 60-70 miles away, and won't be able to get away from the office until 5-ish. I hope you get it taken care of.
And I can relate with what you're experiencing; I've been "afflicted" with the same thing for about 14 years now. Maybe you'll be lucky and it's just an infection or virus. If not, there's a lot of info on the interweb about specialists who can twist your head around to re-adjust the "crystals" in your ear canal (yes, I'm being serious).
Best of luck to you -
 
Thread starter
Actually my friend was nearby so he just dropped it off for me. You guys are great, thanks for responding. I was worried about my bike but now I can just try to feel better.
 
Thread starter
Thanks again guys. Great group on here. Papa, they told me the thing about the calcium crystals or whatever getting out of whack possibly causing this. You've dealt with it for 14 years? Man, you're tough! This has knocked me on my butt. Just moving me head gives me the spins still. I was a total mess at the ER yesterday.
 
My old coworker had that! He had to do some kind of maneuver to move the crystals to another area where they could be absorbed by the body.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Hi Ryan......and Papa....I've had this for over 7 years....my Dr. prescribed Transderm-Scop patches you wear behind your ear, alternating every 3 days....they usually use them for motion sickness....well 2 years ago I had the procedure where the Doctor does a series of head movements for over an hour! Someone has to drive you home because it leaves you pretty nauseated.....anyway I have NOT had one episode of vertigo/dizziness since.....so there is hope.......I hope you feel better....Randy
 
ryanschillinger_imp said:
Thanks again guys. Great group on here. Papa, they told me the thing about the calcium crystals or whatever getting out of whack possibly causing this. You've dealt with it for 14 years? Man, you're tough! This has knocked me on my butt. Just moving me head gives me the spins still. I was a total mess at the ER yesterday.
Sorry to hear that. I wish I could say I'm that tough! Luckily, mine isn't 100% of the time, which is the only way I can function. But when it does decide to rear its ugly head, it knocks me on my ass, too, so I can definitely relate.
The first time it happened, I was sitting in a chair on the beach, and it quite literally felt like someone had picked me up in my chair and quickly flipped it 90 degrees to the left! I actually felt that full motion, even though I hadn't physically moved a millimeter. I had no ability of sensing that I was actually sitting upright for 2-3 hours, my head was spinning so badly. Any movement of my eyes at all caused a similar sensation, and massive nausea/motion sickness. I sat staring down at the sand for all that time until it finally, slowly faded away.
I still can't ride in any kind of vehicle without being the driver without getting motion sickness almost immediately - obviously, this is a major inconvenience.
Unfortunately, mine isn't caused by the "crystals" problem, so that can't be helped with my situation... :-/
I hope they get yours straightened out quickly for you! Let me know how you fare -
 
Thread starter
Gladly I wasn't riding. I had ridden to work and was in he middle of an inspection when this hit me. I had no idea so many people suffer from this. I had never heard of it before. I'm still stuck in the house and can barely walk. They sent me home with a printout of exercises to try to reset the crystals. Right now they are too nauseating, so I'll work on them over the weekend. Supposed to go to a music festival tomorrow. Don't see hat happening.
 
Have you got someone to take care of you there??? I know that if I wasn't married, and had a fantastic wife to do things for me when this hits me, I'd be in trouble - I literally can't move at all.
 
That bites! Are you talking about the Joshua Tree Music Festival? My fiancee and I wanted to go, but we ended up being busy with birthdays and for her, a bridal shower.
 
Back
Top