INTERPROVINCIAL, 3 DAY JOURNEY

peterbaron

Road warrior
Thread starter
Originally, this trip was scheduled for the previous week and 4 days, but nasty rain throughout our route forced us to postpone it by a week and shortened it to only 3 days. We left Toronto, Saturday at 5 am and came back on Monday 1 pm.
Two riders, my long time riding buddy Stan on his 2007 BMW R1200GS and me/CB.
We made a total of 2200 km, with balmy weather of 25*C and 8 km/h wind throughout our journey...chilly mornings though.
Here is our trip map:
Google Maps

Day 1, Saturday

From Toronto, ON to Quebec city, nothing special as far as riding is concerned, but at Odessa's enRoute service centre, we met a very nice US rider on his BMW R1200R equipped with 3 soft bags.
Bloke, about 60+ y o , sorry, did not tell us his name, being on his bike for 23 days, sleeping in motels.


147e7ee9dd12768eb2eef1aef3767210.jpg


< US rider with Stan > and my CB between two Beemers

A 10 min conversation took place, and he told us about his journey:
Massachusetts (he was from ), Yellowstone National Park, North Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin......... Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, Cape Breton - Cabot Trial - NS, PEI.....Maine.... and back to Massachusetts. We gave him our best tips as to how to by-pass Montreal's traffic etc, etc.... He was very happy with our updates. I do not know if he had a GPS, cause he only showed us his map....and did not see anything mounted on his bike???
Here is his most likely travel route ( my image, based on our chat):
Google Maps

.... and after 80 km, he passed us by, waving goodbye..
I think, he will be an entire month in his saddle prior to returning home....must have iron butt...dUH!

Shortly before Saguenay, we stopped for refuelling...and I think, I spotted a red, 2017 CB1100EX. My judgement is based from 150 yards away and on: red tank, front spoke wheel, chromed mirrors and front fender... from rear, hard to say, cause was "covered" by two side and top bags, hiding between cars. He was gone before I finished gassing. Decided to chase him for the next 20 km distance and 4500 RPM in 6th gear but no luck...maybe he went in different direction??
Due to the chase, I lost exit and my riding buddy Stan, for the first time... got reunited within 10 minutes.

In Quebec, for supper, Stan and I had delicious New York stake and beer.

Day 2, Sunday

27de5461d426669dd385d1619cb57ef0.jpg


From Quebec city we took Rte 175 North to Saquenay through curvy road between mountains and hidden lakes, going down South through Rte 155...with beautiful landscapes and views *
Quebec Route 175 - Wikipedia
Quebec Route 175 - Wikipedia

Quebec Route 155 - Wikipedia
https://www.google.ca/search?q=route+155...53&bih=634














There is section of Rte 155 that goes parallel to Saint-Maurice River for about 100 km, with unforgettable views*

[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint-Maurice_River]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint-Maurice_River

https://www.google.com/search?q=riviere+...66&bih=657

Lots of variety of single and group bikes as well as trikes and Can-Am Spyders..

From Oka to Hudson, across the Ottawa River, we took 15 min express ferry, C$10 per bike with rider.
[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ottawa_River]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ottawa_River


d8a002f8a05ab2aafdd33d22366cf0ba.jpg

Stan with his BMW


2b82885425491330c81692da6dc67b9c.jpg


c3bac881b18472603da8cbe8e5e14e3c.jpg



Slept in Super 8/Cornwall, ON.

af6953b8b46eaaae68a4a5491814eca0.jpg

....lots of bugs


While in Cornwall hotel, we had a chat with a former HD biker, who admitted the beauty of our machines. He had a 1974 BMW R75/6 in excellent condition, that he sold two years ago. He said, he would never make it to several hundred kms/day on his HD. I would say, he was 70+ y o.

Shoeless Joe restaurant served us with stake and beer again...Corona with lemon for me and Stella Artois for Stan, taxi both ways.

Day 3, Monday

Dashing from Cornwall back to Toronto on Hwy 401. One tractor-trailer veered off the highway and landed in the ditch, but no traffic or slow down.


*I have to admit that the best pictures were not taken, we goofed up little bit due to the rush, 3, instead of 4 days, sorry :-/

:thanks:
 
Welcome back PB. No worries on the pics. Sometimes all that matters is the running vibe coursing through your body and soul as you reflect and relive the moments past.
 
Good write up peterbaron. Glad you enjoyed it.
 
Nice road trip story. I enjoyed that and am a bit familiar with that general area having traveled through there many years ago :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
man is that water blue. I live by the Ohio river.I thought water was supposed to be brown lol.

Beautiful pics PB. Glad you had a pleasant journey.
 
Nice job PB, well done on postponing, look at that sky!
And that's how motorways should be; empty.
Flyscreen does a good job and i also like how it looks, bit similar to wisedrum's except for the flies.............
 
Thread starter
suhawk305_imp said:
Enjoyed your ride report PB.
How did your new knee perform during these long rides?
Thanks, knee is 10 -15% below perfection and getting better. Funny, when I'm riding, the whole body slides towards gas tank and l-knee bends even more = perfect physiotherapy for free ..

P.S going back to work next week, only 3 days/week from 7-3, and retirement is just around the corner :D
10 days/6000 km Newfoundland scheduled for 2020.
 
Good news about the knee.

I went around the corner 6 years, 3 months & 11 days ago ago. Pretty nice around the corner I must say.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Good news about the knee.

I went around the corner 6 years, 3 months & 11 days ago ago. Pretty nice around the corner I must say.
Agree with you Ferret :thumbsup:
 
Great news PB (both the knee replacement report and your upcoming retirement)!

I had my left knee replaced during January 2019, just a few days after I retired from my job. Absolutely no regrets with either one! Almost 10 years ago, time flies by......
 
Now, either there’s a typo there suhawk, or it’s 2029 and something very strange has happened. :D
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Now, either there’s a typo there suhawk, or it’s 2029 and something very strange has happened. :D
You mean I am not packing my bags to travel to the 2029 Rally? There is a rumor the ferret dropped his old CB1100 engine in his new ride, that I wanted to see:

dcac1a03a4424f34b00fa2018374794f.jpg


(Good catch Cormanus, the year should have been typed as 2010.)
 
Thread starter
Suhawk, ONE knee replaced and retirement....and maybe one day, I swap my CB for this trike, after Ferret test one first :P

bda98722daee27a55c9b25725fcb4d63.jpg
 
suhawk305_imp said:
Great news PB (both the knee replacement report and your upcoming retirement)!

I had my left knee replaced during January 2019, just a few days after I retired from my job. Absolutely no regrets with either one! Almost 10 years ago, time flies by......
Coincidence or Not?
I had a full left knee replacement 2 years ago, Just retired on January 1st of this year and own a CB1100.
I've seen a few members with the same criteria (Suhawk, PB etc..) these are the demographic that HONDA had in mind when they designed the CB1100 :s
 
Well I have 2 bad knees, retired a few years ago and have had 2 CB 1100's.... coincidence? Lol
 
Back
Top