Interesting CB1100 for sale

pdedse said:
Found the following on the advrider.com site: 

2013 + Honda CB1100

which leads to: 

https://advrider.com/f/threads/2013-honda-cb1100-10k-miles-texas.1686815/page-2

If I remember right, this guy was on the old forum.

A number of riders have asked about CA plates and if he has title.  Good price, nice looking bike.  Willing to negotiate.  Wish I were closer.

Hello, and thanks for forwarding that info here. 
As mentioned I was in the old thread, but it didn't work for some time... I thought it was gone. I am an advrider member since 2007 and have not been on other threads


To anyone interested in the bike:
I purchased the bike at Bring a Tralier, but even before it was delivered I got a nice deal for a 2017. 
The 2017 is what I wanted - main reasons: double exhaust mufflers and the spoke wheels. 

As for me, I live in Mexico but my broker for more than 30 years is in Laredo, TX. I have purchased some bikes and cars in USA and then legally imported them into Mexico.
I kept the 2013 in Laredo, since I don't want to pay the import duties and taxes.

The reason I'm selling it, as mentioned, I got a 2017. 
The meaning of cheap is: Lets work a deal,the bike is not being used and its collecting dust. 
Its a very good bike I hope it makes someone happy and gets to be ridden. I know I will lose some money against the purchasing price, but don't drain me.

Guys let me know if anyone is interested. 
don't worry about shipping. Laredo is the most truck transited border in the world. I got a car in Seattle and shipped it to Mexico


take care

This are my current bikes

[attachment=1100]
[attachment=1101]

 

Attachments

  • IMG_8464 de taman?o grande.webp
    IMG_8464 de taman?o grande.webp
    321.2 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_8468 de taman?o grande.webp
    IMG_8468 de taman?o grande.webp
    333.4 KB · Views: 218
Nice collection.
 
  • Like
Reactions: JRD
Beautiful motorcycles!
 
Still have this bike for sale.

I'll let it go for $4,000 ... the bike is in mint condition.


[attachment=1159][attachment=1160][attachment=1161][attachment=1162][attachment=1159]
 

Attachments

  • honda odo.webp
    honda odo.webp
    235.4 KB · Views: 164
  • honda1.webp
    honda1.webp
    634.4 KB · Views: 164
  • honda3.webp
    honda3.webp
    241.5 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_8035.webp
    IMG_8035.webp
    367.7 KB · Views: 163
Venteuri said:
Still available.

The 90° coming off the front of the airbox needs to be drained. This is a much overlooked maintenance item. It should be see through, but yours is full of fluid.
 
Good spot, Randy B.
 
Randy B said:
Venteuri said:
Still available.

The 90° coming off the front of the airbox needs to be drained. This is a much overlooked maintenance item. It should be see through, but yours is full of fluid.

Appreciate you pointing this out. Do you know what function this part serves the motor specifically?
 
E11even_Hunnit said:
Randy B said:
Venteuri said:
Still available.

The 90° coming off the front of the airbox needs to be drained. This is a much overlooked maintenance item. It should be see through, but yours is full of fluid.

Appreciate you pointing this out. Do you know what function this part serves the motor specifically?

This is what I found, I was not aware of it until, Randy B, mentioned it.

Crankcase breather drain tube: part of the emissions system that collects oil vapor residue, moisture, and potential engine blow-by. It is a standard maintenance item to drain this tube, especially if it appears filled with dark oil or milky fluid.
 
There's another, similar, breather pipe, that exits under the engine and also needs checking.
 
Nice bike, but warning to the seller -- it's collecting back fees with time in California. Currently about $570 to register + sales tax, makes it less attractive. If only it could be registered in TX.
 
discoganya said:
Nice bike, but warning to the seller -- it's collecting back fees with time in California. Currently about $570 to register + sales tax, makes it less attractive. If only it could be registered in TX.

Why is that? Collecting fees in CA?
I purchased it on BAT from a seller in CA.

PS: "If only it could be registered in TX." ... Why wouldn't it be possible? please explain.
 
I'm also not sure about collecting fees...

I'm in the process of replacing a title for a bike that's been out of CA five years and unregistered since then.

I was in chat with CA DMV this past week and they didn't mention accrued fees. The fact it was not in CA seemed to bear on the matter maybe? At least my impression. If it was in CA unregistered for five years and now I'm trying registering in CA, that might be a different story?

Anyway, I'm filling out forms and can advise how things go. I imagine I'll know more in a week or two....
 
This bike has a California title and needs to be registered for operation in California.

If you want to know the exact fees, visit this link and put in the plate number (23X8249) and the last 5 digits of the VIN (00752). It will tell you how much is due. That number will keep increasing every year.

Calculate Used Vehicle Fees

If a buyer wants to register this bike in a different state, this does not apply.


Venteuri said:
discoganya said:
Nice bike, but warning to the seller -- it's collecting back fees with time in California. Currently about $570 to register + sales tax, makes it less attractive. If only it could be registered in TX.

Why is that? Collecting fees in CA?
I purchased it on BAT from a seller in CA.

PS: "If only it could be registered in TX." ... Why wouldn't it be possible? please explain.

If you register the bike in TX and get a TX plate and title, you are good... My 2c - Please do so asap, it will make it much more attractive to any prospective buyers (like me)! 

Good luck!
 
Yeah... a bike out of registration in CA is pretty expensive to get current here.
 
discoganya said:
This bike has a California title and needs to be registered for operation in California.

If you want to know the exact fees, visit this link and put in the plate number (23X8249) and the last 5 digits of the VIN (00752). It will tell you how much is due. That number will keep increasing every year.

Calculate Used Vehicle Fees

If a buyer wants to register this bike in a different state, this does not apply.


Venteuri said:
discoganya said:
Nice bike, but warning to the seller -- it's collecting back fees with time in California. Currently about $570 to register + sales tax, makes it less attractive. If only it could be registered in TX.

Why is that? Collecting fees in CA?
I purchased it on BAT from a seller in CA.

PS: "If only it could be registered in TX." ... Why wouldn't it be possible? please explain.

If you register the bike in TX and get a TX plate and title, you are good... My 2c - Please do so asap, it will make it much more attractive to any prospective buyers (like me)! 

Good luck!



Thank you for the enlightenment.

I will consider and analyze the option to register the bike in Texas, but that means I'll have to increase the sale price.... I was thinking the low price ($4k for a 6.5k bike) would offset this kind of inconveniences (freight, etc).  I feel sad knowing the bike is just standing there unused. 

I'm willing to work with any potential buyer to help and make an easy transaction. 
I may end up bringing the bike home. Which will be a serious issue with my wife, I have 3 bikes already....
 
Back
Top