Intalled DCC 12" Stainless Steel reverse shorty exhaust

Garver_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Hi everyone, long time 2013 cb1100 owner and forum member here. Ijust got a house after being in an apartment for 10 years so I have some shop space now. I bought and installed one of those nice looking reverse cone slip on exhausts Dime City Cycles has on their site. Exhaust was a little pricier than an emgo but man this thing is quality. Reminds me of something on a factory triumph or something. Anyways heres a pick.
Full side profile
 
Garver_imp said:
Hi everyone, long time 2013 cb1100 owner and forum member here. Ijust got a house after being in an apartment for 10 years so I have some shop space now. I bought and installed one of those nice looking reverse cone slip on exhausts Dime City Cycles has on their site. Exhaust was a little pricier than an emgo but man this thing is quality. Reminds me of something on a factory triumph or something. Anyways heres a pick.
Full side profile
Can't say I'm the fan of the exhaust when mounted, but dude, congratulations on the house!!!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
 
Garver_imp said:
Hi everyone, long time 2013 cb1100 owner and forum member here. Ijust got a house after being in an apartment for 10 years so I have some shop space now. I bought and installed one of those nice looking reverse cone slip on exhausts Dime City Cycles has on their site. Exhaust was a little pricier than an emgo but man this thing is quality. Reminds me of something on a factory triumph or something. Anyways heres a pick.
Full side profile
Hey, I think I kinda like that. Looks clean Garver, and congrats on the new homestead.
 
Thread starter
Thanks, will probably be getting the header and slip on powdercoated matt black and reassemble or have a shop fab up an elbow extension that would bring it back and up a little more with a mount and then powdercoat. If I get that all done Ill post it when its finished.
 
Thread starter
Thats some great info, I know absolutely nothing about mandrel bending, wish I did but at least I have a parts source now and could mock up a sketch for a metal shop or exhaust shop. looking to acheive an exhaust appearance inbetween that of the Thuxton R (one side)and the Yoshi RSCV, I would try to get the full Yoshi rather than go though all of this but they cant be found anywhere online these days, have been seaching for a few months. The price tag doesnt help either but if I found one I would maybe pull the trigger. But who knows now that Ive started this project it might turn out really nice looking.
 
Garver, if you really want the full Yoshi, have you tried emailing Mr T at Samurider? If anyone can find one, it's likely to be him.
 
Thread starter
I may just get it powdercoated, call it a day and concentrate on some other mods like suspension or the Kineo spoked wheels I really want, I love the look in this one picture of the bike I found and really want to emulate what they've done. It has sort of that tracker look Im going for, thanks for the pointer on samurider.com. I always wondered how easy or difficult it is to order parts from them.
 
These are sharp looking wire wheels :thumbsup:
Mr T. is always easy and pleasure to deal with!
 
To endorse what Peter said, everything I’ve read here about buying from Samurider has been positive. Except one criticism that it was expensive, and that gained no agreement.
 
Thread starter
I'll tell you guys one thing, I finally got it out just now on my lunch break after 2 days of non stop rain here in MD. Man this cone gives off an incredible engine note with plenty of gurgles and pops that are heaven to listen to when riding. I'm sold on leaving it the way it is albeit powder coating like I mentioned earlier. I'll check with Mr T. from Samurider (based on everyone's great feedback, Thanks everyone!) for some other stuff I've been looking at on there like the type 2 bar. I have the cb500f bar on the bike right now but would like the type 2 bar or an LSL so the bars aren't directing upward so much and positioning is more flat across like. I'll post some updates on another thread as I get more mods done, thanks for the recommendations everyone! :D

***Parts included for this mod***

DCC 12" Stainless Steel "Shorty" Universal Cone Muffler - (Fits: 1-3/4" Exhaust) 80-1750 1 $134.95
DCC 1-7/8" Heavy Duty Exhaust P-Clamp & Mounting Bracket - (Chrome) 80-62178 1 $10.00 (est)
advanced auto exhaust ring clamp, (I think its a 50mm but test and see what fits around the larger portion of the exhaust adapter)
advanced auto exhaust adapter 1 3/4 OD x 1 7/8 ID
***note - you'll want to re-use the exhaust seal/ring found in the stock exhaust (its kind of hard to get out, I used a washer nut on the end of a bolt and worked it out using the washer to grip/pull it out from the inside while holding the end of the bolt), place it back on the end of the stock header before mounting up the DCC exhaust.
***note - You'll also need to copy the stock exhaust and cut 4 slits (I used my angle grinder with a slim cutting wheel) about 3/4 inch long on the 1 7/8 ID side so the adapter can clamp onto the stock header similarly to the stock muffler. use the p clamp to mount the cone to the adapter and ring clamp to clamp the entire exhaust to the header, good to go.
 
Back
Top