INT650

Taxes ugh!
Sounds like you need more than a small bag then. On my CB1100 I generally use a tail bag made by Kawasaki for the old KLR's. It's fairly large but only 6" or so tall unless unzipped and expanded. I think panniers would look nice on your RE also. But large trunks on motorcycles are functional.
 
Thread starter
Yup. And Givi's most basic 36L Monokey box looks pretty vintage, so it's not a bad match for my bikes. I've always thought it would be cool to reverse-engineer the box-end Givi mounting hardware onto a vintage aluminum briefcase, that would be able to click on and off the rack as easily as any of my Givi trunks. Some have tried it, but it's a lot of work and expense.
 
Thread starter
Thanks, and as Pdedse says, it's actually a compliment about Harbor Freight if you look at it. In fact, someone here at work knows I love Harbor Freight, and just gave me a gift card for my birthday!
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Awww, Mom is so sweet!
She sent me a Happy Birthday text, with the attached picture, saying "Don't worry, your baby is nice and safe."

Pardon the mess... the bike is tucked in next to a very disheveled rack of random items. The factory rack includes that funky little back rest, which appears to easily detatch, so that will be going. The red wire coming up next to the headlight goes to a phone holder/charger, which looks impressive, but might be going. She's dusty, and will need a detailing, but she's pristine under the dust.

There are a bunch of goodies in the Nelson Rigg tail bag too. I'll have to see what he gave me. I'll probably be selling that once I get my Givi mount plate on the rack.
That is a phone home screen background image!

The bike already looks like an old, forgotten classic in some misplaced garage. :thumbsup:
 
Thread starter
I just paid tribute to The State to make it officially mine. While I was standing in line at AAA, I ruminated on the purchase, and what really made me want this bike.

I'm pretty sure it was the moment I became a true hipster, as well as a live, virtual Royal Enfield advertisement.

When I did the rental recently, heading back down the coast from Malibu, I stopped for coffee in Santa Monica. It's a rare indulgence, but when Mrs. G and I are in the area, we stop at the trendiest coffee house in town, mainly because they have the best peanut butter cookies. I decided to get me a cup of coffee for the final push back to L.A. Proper, and to take Mrs. G one of her favorite cookies.

So, the 650 was parked at the curb of the most hipster coffee place in the most hipster part of L.A., and I was sitting at a sidewalk table, enjoying my coffee and watching people admire the bike. If I weren't a schlubby grey-haired dude in a cheap textile jacket, it would have been a perfect advertisement.
 
we need some new emoji's :rofl:
 
Never knew these bikes existed. Look great!! Love the orange.

I'll agree the 270 twin in my Aprlia feels like a lawn tractor. Revs to 11.5 but such a weird feeling compared to the CB.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
I just paid tribute to The State to make it officially mine. While I was standing in line at AAA, I ruminated on the purchase, and what really made me want this bike.

I'm pretty sure it was the moment I became a true hipster, as well as a live, virtual Royal Enfield advertisement.

When I did the rental recently, heading back down the coast from Malibu, I stopped for coffee in Santa Monica. It's a rare indulgence, but when Mrs. G and I are in the area, we stop at the trendiest coffee house in town, mainly because they have the best peanut butter cookies. I decided to get me a cup of coffee for the final push back to L.A. Proper, and to take Mrs. G one of her favorite cookies.

So, the 650 was parked at the curb of the most hipster coffee place in the most hipster part of L.A., and I was sitting at a sidewalk table, enjoying my coffee and watching people admire the bike. If I weren't a schlubby grey-haired dude in a cheap textile jacket, it would have been a perfect advertisement.
I dunno, Gone. I reckon the true hipster wears what he wants. Probably eats quiche too.

The ferret_imp said:
we need some new emoji's :rofl:
Yep. A hipster emoji would be great.
 
Nice work, Gone.

For future reference copy the code below to insert that emoji …

Code:



I don’t think I have the necessary authority to add it to the list. :(
 
According to MCN (UK publication) the average age of a Royal Enfield 650 rider is 27 in India. Just look at their website to see what age rider they are targeting.
 
Tev62_imp said:
According to MCN (UK publication) the average age of a Royal Enfield 650 rider is 27 in India. Just look at their website to see what age rider they are targeting.
Good to play along with the youth, eh Gone?
 
Thread starter
Meh... youth is wasted on the young!

But yeah, I have watched RE's promo videos for this bike, and yes, they are all attractive, 20-somethings out enjoying these machines.
But they also didn't target the Fiesta ST, a racer-boy hooligan car, to older men either. A few days ago, someone asked me if I was driving my son's car.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Meh... youth is wasted on the young!

But yeah, I have watched RE's promo videos for this bike, and yes, they are all attractive, 20-somethings out enjoying these machines.
But they also didn't target the Fiesta ST, a racer-boy hooligan car, to older men either. A few days ago, someone asked me if I was driving my son's car.
 
Thread starter
Took Friday off and was running errands on the CB1100. While musing about motorcycles in general, I was thinking that I hadn't seen another Interceptor 650 on the road since I bought mine in January.

One of the items on the day's itinerary was to visit the local thrift shops to piece together an outfit for this Sunday's Distinguished Gentleman's Ride. I've made a half-hearted effort to dress "dapper" for the past few years, and my normal life doesn't require me to be any more formal than a t-shirt. I had kept a suit for court appearances, weddings and funerals. But, I've kept my nose clean, and the Pandemic put an end to the other two reasons, and I can't find that suit to save my life.

Pulling into the local Salvation Army store, lo and behold, I spotted this rather jaunty Interceptor sidecar rig and parked next to it. I figured I'd easily pick out its owner in the store, but nobody had that "Yup, I ride a sidecar" vibe going on. The rig was gone when I had picked out a rather natty navy blue outfit and went back outside to pack it in my top box and head home. Bummer! I'm sure there are some interesting stories behind those baskets.
 
Now that you mention it I don't recall ever seeing a RE Interceptor around here. I doubt there's even a dealer in WV, probably Pittsburgh is the closest.
 
Thread starter
We now have three dealerships that I'm aware of between Orange County and San Diego. The Orange County Distinguished Gentleman's Ride is kicking off from the local Triumph dealer, which just added Royal Enfield to their lineup. I might bring the CB1100 as I did last year. For certain I'd have the only one!
 
Back
Top