Injector twin vacuum hoses

Jfro5687_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Hi all,

I did look through the how to section but couldn't see this topic. Yesterday i put my scottoiler (vacuum operated automatic chain oiler) onto the bike, done it many times before. I noted each injector has two rubber hoses though, slightly unusual, and I presumed these are all vacuum pipes. Normally i would expect at least one to be blanked off with a little rubber bung or cap but not so.

Anyhow, i used a T piece connector and took the outermost RHS rubber hose as the tapping point, mainly because its the easiest to get to.

I presume all the gubbins is to do with Euro4 emissions and i'm content to leave it all there.

So, does anyone know if there is a problem using this outer most pipe and am i right in thinking it is just a vacuum hose?

Kind regards jon
 
Hi Jfro, should be fine, here is a link to a picture that shows the small vacuum hoses, four seem to combine and provide vacuum to the valve just below the vac. lines.
the other three connect to the map. Manifold Air pressure Sensor.
http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=11984&pid=194994#pid194994

picture shows tb upside down and injector side.

provided there is no flow leakage in the scottoiler which could cause a lean condition in cyl #4 at low throttle position.
 
Thread starter
Thank you Max thats excellent, ticks over sweet as anything & cant see/hear anything untowards (e.g. hissing). Appreciate your help.
 
Back
Top