information

modmaster_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
How do I go about entering additional info about my bike so that it appears under my thread like the rest of you do?

modmaster
 
Do you mean the signature, modmaster?

Go to the top of any page and you should see "User CP" to the left under the banner. Click on that. It will take you to your Unser Control Panel. Look on the left of the page and there's a heading "Your Profile". Item 4 under the heading "Edit Profile" is "Change signature". Click on that and go for broke.

I don't know whether there's a post limit before you can access it. Don't think so.
 
You're welcome. If you find you need to get the post count up, trundle over to the New Members section and say g'day to everyone you can find.
 
Thread starter
I don't have that option available to me at this time. I must have to be on the forum for a certain amount of time or posts. Or maybe I am not considered a registered user yet?

modmaster
 
modmaster_imp said:
I don't have that option available to me at this time. I must have to be on the forum for a certain amount of time or posts. Or maybe I am not considered a registered user yet?

modmaster
Make sure you are logged in, otherwise you cannot change your User CP Profile information.
fritz
 
I think you need a certain number of posts. Guth told me once when someone wanted to know, but I forget what he told me lol
 
Keep posting, mate. You'll soon crack 25.
 
Thread starter
What's the weather like in Australia right now? Must be middle of summer in your hemisphere? We are at 20 degrees F right now and the forcast is for 2 degrees below 0 tomorrow. Does it get that cold ever in Australia?

modmaster
 
According to Guth, in the announcements, you must have 10 posts and be on the forum for a week. Then you can do the signature line. The 25 posts is for the for sale section.
 
What farkles were on Ole's bike when you bought it? Curious if he pulled anything off? If you list them one post at a time, you will easily exceed 25!!

As in. "Oh, yeah...I forgot about this thing..."
 
Thread starter
Well, all he left me was the heated grips but I will be removing them because I always change grips on any bike I buy. But I'm just glad to get a good solid bike.

modmaster
 
Whoa keep the heated grips, heated grips are great! ( and expensive)
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
According to Guth, in the announcements, you must have 10 posts and be on the forum for a week. Then you can do the signature line. The 25 posts is for the for sale section.
That's that then, modmaster. You now have enough posts but you'll have to wait a couple more days to meet the time requirement.

modmaster_imp said:
What's the weather like in Australia right now? Must be middle of summer in your hemisphere? We are at 20 degrees F right now and the forcast is for 2 degrees below 0 tomorrow. Does it get that cold ever in Australia?

modmaster
I'm away from home in the Solomon Islands at the moment. It's stinking hot here with temperatures in the mid 30s C. Further south in Australia, it's summer and the weather will vary from state to state. Looking at my weather app, it's a cool day in Brisbane and Sydney, but still a lot warmer than where you are. They're both a bit better than 20°C.

As for cold, it varies state to state. As much of the settlement is along the coast it seldom reaches 0°C but that can change as you get inland and into the hills. It's fair to say, though, that the US can get a great deal colder than most of Australia.

I used to live in Tasmania—the island state to the south—and you can ride pretty much all year there. If you have the right kit.
 
Thread starter
7fcfa793c610c8b43f048d0808c9ff58.jpg~original
So I am told. But I don't like the feel of skinny smooth straight grips. I love the Beston style of grips and I usually end up with them on every bike I own. For instance this one.
 
Well, once you get the 25 posts you can sell the heated grips in the For Sale section! Make a few bucks :)
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Well, once you get the 25 posts you can sell the heated grips in the For Sale section! Make a few bucks :)
You got that right. I will need the money for a Staintune, and red side covers, and a windshield, and the list just keeps going on the more I read all these posts here.

modmaster
 
He's up to 14 as I write. Going like a train. Or should that be a CB?
 
Back
Top