Inexpensive Deer Skin Gloves

redbirds_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
While shopping my local Tractor Supply for bowser chow for my Jack Russel Terrierists, I saw these gloves on the rack for just $20. Deer skin and soft as silk. Medium was a perfect fit and I wore them yesterday on an all day ride. Comfortable from 55F to 75F and wear like a second skin.

 
Jack Russel Terrierists :rofl:

I love deerskin gloves and wear them year round even in winter (inside the snowmobile mitts with the heated grip on the ST). Soft, supple, comfortable. I have 3 pair, 2 cuff length and 1 gauntlet. Each cost a lot more than $20 lol. Looks like a great find birds. Color is even cool and retro.
 
I reckon they saw you coming redbirds and whipped out a few yellow pairs to match your helmet! Still, they look like a good deal.
 
Bought my riding gloves for decades at the big box home improvement stores, excellent value on good leather gloves - never could tell what you'd find.
Carry a pair identical to that under my bikes seat. Also bought a larger pair that I wear over wool finger gloves for cooler weather.
Makes then ugly but snoseal or another good quality boot waterproofing wax works wonders for wet weather.
 
Nice gloves. We have discussed this in another thread but don't be surprised, when that deer launches itself at you, to hear, "That was my Mom you .....!"

;). Cheers
 
I sport the deer skins as well, most of the time. !! Nice find redbirds, look like the same ones i have. Super comfortable until you get caught in the rain. Pretty much ruined mine that way...
 
Thread starter
jedd_imp said:
How are they for use in the summertime?

do they make the hands sweat?
My guess is they may be too warm on a hot summer day. Held onto my well worn vented summer gloves for those days.
 
Yeah, warm in summer. No matter how much neatsfoot oil or anything else I put on they hold water well. Too warm on a hot summer day but ok at night or anything below 70.
Lee Parks glove shown is a heck of a glove, been using well over 6 years but probably won't purchase again, just too much $ for a std glove.
 
4 Paws_imp said:
Yeah, warm in summer. No matter how much neatsfoot oil or anything else I put on they hold water well. Too warm on a hot summer day but ok at night or anything below 70.
Lee Parks glove shown is a heck of a glove, been using well over 6 years but probably won't purchase again, just too much $ for a std glove.
Given your moniker, you'd have to buy two pairs, wouldn't you? That'd push the price up.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
4 Paws_imp said:
Yeah, warm in summer. No matter how much neatsfoot oil or anything else I put on they hold water well. Too warm on a hot summer day but ok at night or anything below 70.
Lee Parks glove shown is a heck of a glove, been using well over 6 years but probably won't purchase again, just too much $ for a std glove.
Given your moniker, you'd have to buy two pairs, wouldn't you? That'd push the price up.
:rofl:

I've never had a pair. I did have my first sighting of live substrate the other day while riding. One on the road and one in the woods. I was only doing 25 mph on a back road in the woods so it was a pleasant experience.
 
I think they are called Doggles
 
4 Paws_imp said:
Not on the Honda but frequently how I ride, probably 8Paws would be more accurate.
What no Doggie Helmet Law in your state?:rofl:
 
Yes, those are doggies; another option is RexSpecs. Still searching for some helmets. ADVrider forum has a large thread with photos of "hacks and pups", some excellent. Good way to travel, several miles on the BRP on family picnics that way.

Apologize for the hi-jack.
 
Great picture 4 Paws. Lucky dogs.
 
Back
Top