clearviewx
Been there
When I saw this topic heading I smiled from ear to ear. I thought I was the only one who thought like this. I’m one for the quiet pipes. Thank you for posting this.:worship:[/php]
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
If I remember, cbr1100 blackbird is remarkably quiet (with stock pipes) and smooth. It had much smoother engine than the cb. it could be because of LC vs. partially air-cooled? At least, that’s my observation based on what I remember of 1100XX.Yata-Garasu_imp said:The quiet stock exhaust was and is a major plus of the CB1100 for me.
It is also part of the appeal of electric motorcycles and bicycles too. I like riding through the woods and being able to hear the birds, other wildlife, and wind in the trees.
I know that I'm in a minority, so if you absolutely must tell the world how awesome your 140 db aftermarket straight pipe is, please start another thread... We'll still be able to hear you!
What are some other bikes that are reknown for their quiet sound profiles?

Yeah, +one for sure.Cormanus_imp said:Put me down for quiet pipes too, please.

Couldn't agree more!j3gq_imp said:Did a sound check for y'all today. A quiet, winding country road with no traffic at all was repeatedly asking for 4000 - 5000 on the rpm gauge, in 3rd and 4th, the open shield, and cold air helped acute hearing. If anybody thinks that this 2017 EX sounds like a sewing machine ... :huh: man, ... it doesn't. Honda promised better sound with that newer model, and they delivered. You can go it quiet if you like, and your neighbors will appreciate your nightly returns from the bar, but you can get all the sound you like if that's what you want. Not a brutal Harley sound, instead a deep Honda roar, which beats anything I have heard from a 750 Four - or a Kawa, and it comes with exactly the right vibrations under your skin.
... and don't forget the kids on the small bicycles. They strain too.Gone in 60_imp said:I like that too, Yata-Garasu. Coming home each day, I ride through a park (a shortcut that removes three long traffic lights), and then through the gate to my condo complex and a long winding road to my street. I move slow through the park to avoid the errant soccer balls that perpetually spit out into the road, and slow through my complex for the benefit of the neighbors. I get plenty of waves, and particularly dig little kids in strollers, straining to see the motorcycle go by. I give the kids a wave - I dunno, maybe a guy on a motorcycle is as cool as an astronaut to a little kid.
Ha! My last R1200 sounded like a sewing machine. The original owner later handed me a Leo Vince pipe that he had been meaning to install. Went from a sewing machine to a tractor.tommymck_imp said:My BMW R1200C sounded like a sewing machine. It developed a vacuum leak around the air intake once, and then it sounded like a sewing machine with a lisp.
Dang Tev, Great video. What a pretty location. Surprised there is still so much green around there. I guess they don't call it the emerald isle for nothing.Tev62_imp said:I narcissistically recorded the sound of my 2017MY EX to get a feel for what others experienced = very pleasant sound indeed.