Importing a CB1100 from Canada to the US?

MotoFish_imp

New to the forum
Thread starter
Has anyone successfully imported a CB1100 from Canada to the US? (or any other bike, for that matter) I wonder if it is a matter of patience with paperwork, or downright impossible. --Tom (in humid Miami)

2011 Honda NT700VA
2010 BMW F650GS
 
Thread starter
Good reminder to do a thread search before asking a question, Cormanus; thanks. And a clear negative on importing a bike . . .
 
I would think an inspection is all that’s needed. I’m in Ca,my 2014 Standard new came from Missouri,I had to get it inspected at the DMV then pay the fees and go from there.
 
Thread starter
PeterBaron, I’m looking for new or used; preference for 2017 EX or 2014 DX, appreciating the larger-capacity tank, and ABS (especially living in Miami, where some drive hard, but not well). I have seen one or two 2017 machines offered as “new” by dealers, one at what looks to be original MSRP, as well as a very few used EXs.
 
MotoFish_imp said:
PeterBaron, I’m looking for new or used; preference for 2017 EX or 2014 DX, appreciating the larger-capacity tank, and ABS (especially living in Miami, where some drive hard, but not well). I have seen one or two 2017 machines offered as “new” by dealers, one at what looks to be original MSRP, as well as a very few used EXs.
All our Canadian CB1100 have ABS.
CB1100 models '13-'14 and '16 have 14.6L tank, and '17EX is 16.4L - not so sure.
If you want different/bigger tank:
Fuel Tanks | Samurider.com and send email to Takashi, very professional. I got my white/16.8 L (not seamless) tank from him
Only '13 is 5 speed
We also have CB1100RS and CB1000R

Here are some ads:

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-street-cruisers-choppers/gatineau/2016-honda-cb-1100/1497039169

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-moto-touring/ville-de-quebec/honda-cb1100-2016/1496103120

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-street-cruisers-choppers/campbell-river/motorcycle-for-sale/1503774643

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-street-crui...-fort-mcmurray-one-of-70-in-canada/1503216906

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-moto-touring/ville-de-quebec/2014-honda-cb1100a/1500904330

https://www.autotrader.ca/a/honda/cb1100..._3&sprx=-1

[url=https://www.autotrader.ca/a/honda/cb1100/qu%C3%A9bec/quebec/19_11470734_?ms=motorcycles_atvs&showcpo=ShowCpo&ncse=no&orup=3_3_3&sprx=-1]https://www.autotrader.ca/a/honda/cb1100..._3&sprx=-1

[url=https://www.rocklandwheels.ca/new-models/2018-honda-cb1100-rs-26498197b]https://www.rocklandwheels.ca/new-models/2018-honda-cb1100-rs-26498197b


https://motorcycle.honda.ca/category/naked

If a CB is for sale in GTA/Toronto area and not too far from me, I may take a look at it /VIN picture++ upon your request.
Go for it, but check US Customs first. Canadian CBs '13, '14 & "16 do NOT have EVAP system, not sure about '17EX, RS and R models????
Dealer purchase would be convenient due to no HST/13% and transport?
Let me know and good luck :thumbsup:
 
Moto have you seen the brand new EX listed on CycleTrader by a dealer in the state of Maine? I imagine they are eager to sell it and would be willing to negotiate even more. No personal knowledge of the dealer or interest in the deal.
Listed for $9,999
 
Thread starter
Bighonda14_imp said:
Moto have you seen the brand new EX listed on CycleTrader by a dealer in the state of Maine? I imagine they are eager to sell it and would be willing to negotiate even more. No personal knowledge of the dealer or interest in the deal.
Listed for $9,999
I did see that one, Bighonda14; top of my list.:thanks:
Thank you, peterbaron; that's a long list of possibilities. Very kind of you to offer to look one over. I'll check specs and US Customs, of course. --Tom
 
Since all VIN numbers are on record for DMV for legit vehicles, if it's a non-USA model it won't be in the data base. You know, if something is not listed, people have all sorts of issues (unless it's 25 years old or older).

Now there may be special hoops to jump through, but find that out before you buy.
 
MotoFish_imp said:
Bighonda14_imp said:
Moto have you seen the brand new EX listed on CycleTrader by a dealer in the state of Maine? I imagine they are eager to sell it and would be willing to negotiate even more. No personal knowledge of the dealer or interest in the deal.
Listed for $9,999
I did see that one, Bighonda14; top of my list.:thanks:
Thank you, peterbaron; that's a long list of possibilities. Very kind of you to offer to look one over. I'll check specs and US Customs, of course. --Tom
I did see that one, Bighonda14; top of my list.:thanks:
Thank you, peterbaron; that's a long list of possibilities. Very kind of you to offer to look one over. I'll check specs and US Customs, of course. --Tom
I’ve noticed that in the last couple of months nearly all the existing stock of new 2017 CB1100’s have been sold. Any insight into why the sudden increase in interest?
 
paisa_imp said:
MotoFish_imp said:
Bighonda14_imp said:
Moto have you seen the brand new EX listed on CycleTrader by a dealer in the state of Maine? I imagine they are eager to sell it and would be willing to negotiate even more. No personal knowledge of the dealer or interest in the deal.
Listed for $9,999
I did see that one, Bighonda14; top of my list.:thanks:
Thank you, peterbaron; that's a long list of possibilities. Very kind of you to offer to look one over. I'll check specs and US Customs, of course. --Tom
I did see that one, Bighonda14; top of my list.:thanks:
Thank you, peterbaron; that's a long list of possibilities. Very kind of you to offer to look one over. I'll check specs and US Customs, of course. --Tom
I’ve noticed that in the last couple of months nearly all the existing stock of new 2017 CB1100’s have been sold. Any insight into why the sudden increase in interest?
I did see that one, Bighonda14; top of my list.:thanks:
Thank you, peterbaron; that's a long list of possibilities. Very kind of you to offer to look one over. I'll check specs and US Customs, of course. --Tom People are reading this forum and see what they are missing by not owning a CB1100. I want Honda to bring the RS here too. I would add it to my garage in a heartbeat! I got another, "is that an old Honda?" at a stop light the other day. I told them it is a 2017, and the last year for this bike unless Honda gets off their collective butts and brings the RS or even a new EX here. I told them to google Honda CB1100, and get one if they can find one.
I’ve noticed that in the last couple of months nearly all the existing stock of new 2017 CB1100’s have been sold. Any insight into why the sudden increase in interest?
 
paisa_imp said:
MotoFish_imp said:
Bighonda14_imp said:
Moto have you seen the brand new EX listed on CycleTrader by a dealer in the state of Maine? I imagine they are eager to sell it and would be willing to negotiate even more. No personal knowledge of the dealer or interest in the deal.
Listed for $9,999
I did see that one, Bighonda14; top of my list.:thanks:
Thank you, peterbaron; that's a long list of possibilities. Very kind of you to offer to look one over. I'll check specs and US Customs, of course. --Tom
I did see that one, Bighonda14; top of my list.:thanks:
Thank you, peterbaron; that's a long list of possibilities. Very kind of you to offer to look one over. I'll check specs and US Customs, of course. --Tom
I’ve noticed that in the last couple of months nearly all the existing stock of new 2017 CB1100’s have been sold. Any insight into why the sudden increase in interest?
1. springtime turning into summer
2. it's an activity that people can still do outdoors

Had a friend tell me today (boat owner) that everything boating, from sales of to related equipment, is selling strong because people can't take vacations, but getting out on the rivers / lakes is still do-able in many states. Bicicles too, are apparently selling strong.
 
Back
Top