I'mmmmm Baaaaaaack

Gus

First service completed
Thread starter
20250618_183719.webpGreetings. I blundered on to the new forum a few days ago. I'm happy to be back, and thank you to the people who are restoring the old and running the new. I am sure it has been a lot of work.

Here's a photo from May of 2025, my 2014 DLX, on the McKenzie Pass highway (OR 242). I believe it opened for the season that morning, because the ODOT website still showed it as closed. That meant I got a clear (emphasis on clear), peg-scratching run up the west side (from OR 126) on the model T-width, recently repaved, lanes. That made it the ride of the year, or maybe even the ride of the last 5 years. Fantastic.

Gus - Newcastle, WA, USA
 
Welcome to the Forum, Gus. Glad you are here. Beautiful motorcycle. I have spent a lot of time in Washington. I am looking forward to your ride reports and those big-blue-sky moments seen in the Evergreen State, even if there are occasional cloudy days from time to time. :) David
 
Last edited:
View attachment 4430Greetings. I blundered on to the new forum a few days ago. I'm happy to be back, and thank you to the people who are restoring the old and running the new. I am sure it has been a lot of work.

Here's a photo from May of 2025, my 2014 DLX, on the McKenzie Pass highway (OR 242). I believe it opened for the season that morning, because the ODOT website still showed it as closed. That meant I got a clear (emphasis on clear), peg-scratching run up the west side (from OR 126) on the model T-width, recently repaved, lanes. That made it the ride of the year, or maybe even the ride of the last 5 years. Fantastic.

Gus - Newcastle, WA, USA

Gus...it's great you found your way to the new site! And that is a beautiful photo of familiar territory. The 3 Sisters area has lots of great riding, both paved and other.

But it's the McKenzie River / Pass hiway (242) that is particularly familiar as I just got back from my son's wedding at the McKenzie Bridge area:
LyH6Dg2.jpg


What my daughter's-in-law wedding dress looks like after 3 hours of non-stop dancing in the forest:
HKXjlLd.jpg
 
Back
Top