IMCDB.org Internet Movie Cars Database

I love that site. But then, I'm a movie car nerd.

Working in a museum, I often hear "What kind of car did xxx drive in yyy....?" If I don't know, that site is a great quick reference. But, I never thought to look up motorcycles! That's cool. Thanks, man!
 
Yup, the Petersen is my weekend gig. By the way, they just launched a new exhibit of "overland" (as they are calling it) adventure bikes throughout history. It's worth a look if you're in L.A. any time soon. Plenty of free motorcycle parking!
 
Thread starter
I've never been to the Petersen...bucket list item for me!

Looks like a Long Way Up bike in the top photo there.
 
Got a chance to do some work in Southern California next week so Sherry and I flew out Friday.
 
So far have experienced several bikes lane splitting on the 805 and they are nuts.
I just couldnt do it. No photos of that, I was afraid it would go badly for them.
 
Yesterday we went to the San Diego Auto Museum which also features bikes ridden by Fonzie in Happy Days and 1 Paul Newman rode in a early 1970's movie where he was a lumberjack in Oregon.   He got in trouble with the studio when he and stunt double "borrowed the bike one Sat AM when they weren't shooting and he broke his foot, causing production to shut down for 2 months.
 
For the Ford homemade camper I just don't get it.   If you're flying over the hood and about to hit the windshield I wouldn't worry about putting caution tape on the camper shell.
 
And the Miata, with the golf bag hitch, including bald eagle and horsehead club covers.
Lastly, we saw a older Cadillac that I can only imagine had a in-tank fuel pump and this was their gravity fed solution.
 
43dbd3ce04ff1ffcd68367df0d059f7a.jpg
537bb48a91cc9c7261a6c5fa30c30dcc.jpg
7e51009d4e720ead551c880ed51fffa9.jpg
726545c7b53b6a99af933128267d8c86.jpg
6fcf03d1e443d8bddfc7040ce6052d7d.jpg
9808c424be0f3b105ccfaa6cd5b9ca51.jpg
443e3d3f02132c7c2376d557a0a31814.jpg
50b386a10aceb8de34ed0b0b8a0b1a1d.jpg


Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
 
The San Diego museum does have a nice motorcycle collection. I enjoy seeing it when I’m down there visiting family. The homemade camper and short bus are most likely rolling residences.The Caddy is a low rider on hydraulics.

And don’t worry about the lane splitters. Other than guys who pass you at 90 while you’re going 80, for the most part, we’re pretty good at it
 
Thread starter
Mr. Miata is also totin' his skateboard on top of the folded roof! Bet that Caddy can hop with the best of 'em!
 
Good eye, I didn’t spot that
We need to copy Ferret that he was “wheels up” and ready to go.

Forgot to mention in the first post the blue bike was a Dan Gurney prototype using a Honda engine
 
I remember a few times that Dan Gurney came to Cars and Coffee in Irvine with one of those Alligator bikes. They were working on an updated V-twin model when he passed.
 
Back
Top