I'm back......

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
Rolled in about 45 minutes ago. What a trip. Route 66, Pacific Coast Highway, Bonneville Salt Flats, Pikes Peak. A little over 5000 miles in 11 days. Had great weather ( rain for 2 afternoons) although temp spread was from 30 degrees on Pikes Peak to 100 degrees outside of San Francisco. Traffic from San Francisco to Sacramento blows..bumper to bumper traffic for hours in dreadful heat.

Think I took about 1500 pics or so. Will have to download sort and write a proper ride report when I get a chance.

Right now getting out the CB and going to meet my wife for dinner. (I missed the CB). Later guys. :thumbsup:
 
I'm upset...you didn't see fit to come down to San Jose and comfort me in my time of need?!?!? What kind of moderator are you anyway?? ;)

You don't sit in traffic around here, especially in that kind of heat. You split carefully and keep moving. I'm sure you saw a lot of that and a good share of idiotic splitting happening as well. Some people just can't figure out that the faster you go, the less time you have to react.

I'm glad you had a good and safe trip and WELCOME BACK!! ;)
 
Wow, 5000 miles?! Sounds like an awesome trip, I'm looking forward to the ride report! :)

Welcome back Ferret!

grover


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
<sigh> trying to set aside my insane jealousy... still trying... will try to be better by the time you share pictures, I promise.
 
Cut the man some slack, he has been with the wife for decades, but the bike only a few months. Could have picked up Randy's blue tank and dropped it with me in a safer home here in San Antonio.LOL

You are almost ready for the Iron Butt Rally with that practice run.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
G'day and welcome back, Ferret. I'm also looking forward to pictures and the report.
 
Well, it appears that I'm a bit late in adding my welcome back sentiments.

You see, the class that I've been attending in the evenings ran a bit late tonight. That's right, we had a lot of ground to cover in "Surviving Forum Management Without The Ferret". :D

Good to have you back Mickey and I'm glad that your travels were both safe and rewarding.
 
Welcome back!!

People here have been having a ferret jones since you left ;)
 
Thread starter
LOL thanks everyone. Taking a while to catch up here at home.

Ridem, actually I didn't get to lurk, my buddy usually takes his lap top, but he forgot it this trip, so it was quit internet cold turkey lol

Randy, we got gas in San Jose, at a Shell station off 580 I believe. Will have to dig out the receipt. Does 17 run thru there I remember some great curves on a 17 either prior to or after San Jose, but traffic was just insane, Yes lots of riders were lane splitting in the traffic jams, but we were a bit leary of that having never done it before so we just sat in line.
 
Thread starter
Randy..found the receipt

Shell
1120 N First Street
San Jose, Cal 95112

Small Asian lady running store

Gas was $ 4.459 per gallon took 4.48 gallons cost $19.99

Just finished downloading the photos. Now to pick out a dozen or so out of 1200+ and put them on photobucket
 
Back
Top