Ikon shocks for CB1100

Has anyone measured the actual travel of the Ikon 1507 shock? Stock travel is about 85mm (inc 1/2 of the bumper). Using CB4ME's pic in post # 12,and scaling the on screen measurements ,travel looks to be 91mm + 1/2 the 27mm bumper. Ikons spec. on the travel is 64mm. Just wondering, never like to give up too much travel.
 
I've had a set of 7610's on Erics bike for about 5k miles.
Black spring, chrome body and long chrome cover.
They are excellent and well damped, especially on the rebound.
I weigh 175lbs and have the shocks set on the second notch and also the second damping position. The front forks are adjusted all the way in so that the adjuster screws are flush with the tops of the tubes. The overall handling is nice, tight and confidence inspiring at speed. Quality piece.
 
i have been riding my 2013 with these beauties for a while and i must say they work! mine have the black springs and to me they look just fine,
said so after installing them the lack of chrome effect on the left side had
to be fixed with a polished stainless steel chain guard cover by samurider.

Huladog_imp said:
Just found some available for the CB1100:
http://www.ikonsuspensionusa.com/shop/7610-1507/

P/N 7610-1507 for $380 in standard configuration.

Might be an affordable rear suspension option. Too bad the various combinations of chrome and black parts didn't include a red spring.

Edit: Found the main Australian site and they do have the aluminum body 7614 that can be had with a red spring. P/N 7614-1507.
http://http//www.ikonsuspension.com


Aloha,
Huladog
 
Hate resurrecting old threads, but I weight 265-270 pounds and the stock rear feels pretty under damped on bumps. Are these brand recommended for a heavier rider? Or should I look elsewhere?

Thanks guys!
 
Yeah I'm at the 2nd from highest preload. Might just try the highest setting but I occasionally carry my wife as passenger. My last bike was good for that but I think this bike could benefit from stiffer rear shocks at least. My old 98 shadow 1100 got upgraded front fork springs and heavy duty rear shocks by progressive. That made a huge difference.
 
Wasn't there a thread about these (or maybe another brand) where you give them your weight and riding style and they build them accordingly? Anybody remember?
 
Thats them! I had forgotten what brand they were.
 
ryanschillinger_imp said:
Hate resurrecting old threads, but I weight 265-270 pounds and the stock rear feels pretty under damped on bumps. Are these brand recommended for a heavier rider? Or should I look elsewhere?

Thanks guys!
Ryan....The Ikons will make the bike a lot better. You can call them direct in the US and they will answer any questions. They also offer a heavier spring option for added performance under load.

Highly recommended IMO.
 
Here is another +1 for Ikon shocks. I just installed mine and cannot believe the difference it makes in comfort. The back end chatter is gone, big bumps are so much reduced, and the bike feels so very secure in corners. The are certainly the bike should have come with..........of course so many riders would not appreciate it to spend the money. They certainly are not cheap, but well worth it.
 
I didn't have good luck with the Ikons I put on my 2009 MG V7 Classic. They crapped out at about 10k miles. The seals failed and the were weeping oil. Cost to have Ikon rebuild them was (I think) $250 plus shipping to California and back. I ordered the parts and had them rebuilt locally for about $100 plus what I paid for the parts.

Honestly, I could not tell any real difference between the Ikons and the stock Sach shocks. I put the Sach units back on and sold the rebuilt Ikons.
 
I am surprised IKON wouldn't warranty those shocks. They certainly should not fail in 10,000 miles. I have had many shocks go over 50,000 miles and not leak.
 
I put Ikons on my Nighthawk. Made little difference. My Ohlins and my Progressives on my Sportster made a great difference. I just didn't have the damping on the Ikons. Having said that, I am 160 lbs so the Springs are often too heavy, as they are on the stock CB11 shocks. Just make sure Ikon gets the spring rates right for your weight. They said they did for me, but the damping just was not there. Jolted me out of the seat over everything, unlike the Ohlins.
 
Back
Top