idle problem update

Strangely, when I searched on Webike with the proper superseded number this morning, 38770-MGC-A43, it told me it was unavailable.
Using the link you have above, now I see it's available. Not sure why that is but, thanks for the new info. I'm going to order one before it vaporizes from the site. Thanks, rdprdp01. much appreciated.
 
The ECU on eBay is the problem version then.

It is a 23. Do not buy.

At least it is good that Honda has the part # printed on the ECU.
 
The moto-gods don't want me to buy this part at this time.
When I use the link provided by rdprdp01 above, I see the correct ECU. Then I put it in my cart to buy and the fun starts. When I fill in the shipping address, it won't let me enter it correctly and just keeps looping back to the start.
I can't complete this step and finish the purchase no matter how many times I try.
When I use the WeBike link I've been using to purchase from them in the past, I can never locate the part at all. I've bought from them a few times before without these issues. In fact I bought an OEM front cowl for my 2024 Yamaha XSR there last summer without any problem.

So... I can take a hint. I'll file this as a sign not to pursue this for now. I'll wait and watch for a while to see if the ECU returns to stock at other sources.
I'm definitely not a newbie at this, and have never seen anything like this before.
Like I said earlier, weird stuff.
 
Jd2ride, Webike Japan joined the forum last year. Why don't you try emailing or sending a PM through the forum?
 
Thread starter
Cormanus said:
Jd2ride, Webike Japan joined the forum last year. Why don't you try emailing or sending a PM through the forum?

A ecu from japan maybe different i have had a few from the uk with the same number be a bit diff as far as flashing goes it would be a instance where it might be a educated guess
 
Jd2ride said:
The moto-gods don't want me to buy this part at this time.
When I use the link provided by rdprdp01 above, I see the correct ECU. Then I put it in my cart to buy and the fun starts. When I fill in the shipping address, it won't let me enter it correctly and just keeps looping back to the start.
I can't complete this step and finish the purchase no matter how many times I try.
When I use the WeBike link I've been using to purchase from them in the past, I can never locate the part at all. I've bought from them a few times before without these issues. In fact I bought an OEM front cowl for my 2024 Yamaha XSR there last summer without any problem.

So... I can take a hint. I'll file this as a sign not to pursue this for now. I'll wait and watch for a while to see if the ECU returns to stock at other sources.
I'm definitely not a newbie at this, and have never seen anything like this before.
Like I said earlier, weird stuff.

Trust your instincts.

For what it is worth, I had a similiar experience on my first of 10 purchases. I created a user account and then contacted Customer Support to resolve it:

Login Motorcycle Parts & Accessories from Japan - Webike

David
 
Megazip's response to a one star review:

[attachment=1375]

If nothing else, Id say to email them before sending them money, but I feel as if they aren't like a site such as CMSNL that actually has NOS stock in their warehouse; instead as Megazip says above, they list every part in existence, charge you, then check to see if Honda has it.

This questionable business practice isn't just Megazip:  I've had the same experience recently trying to get CB1100 parts from Partzilla.  One order was nearly $200.  Partzilla charged my card, then emailed me a few days later,  say my parts were backordered.  It took me two emails to get them to check with Honda and tell me Honda says they have no immediate plans to replenish stock--the reality is the parts will never be made again. In other words Partzilla took money and had use of it until I pushed them for more information.  If  I had not pushed them, they'd still be making use of my money right now while I waited for a backorder that never fills.

This has occured with a few Partzilla orders recently.

I really think this has become a business model for some parts companies: take your money and use it until you cancel the order. 

There's one Russian company notorious for this for many years, the name escapes me, but I think other companies are now doing this also. A company doing this with enough orders could actually be viable by taking a lot of customers' money temporarily and investing it while they have it. Looking at it in a certain way, its similar to how banks take your money in a savings account and use it until you withdraw it again.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20260511-010707.webp
    Screenshot_20260511-010707.webp
    104 KB · Views: 40
Thanks Lucien. That's useful information to have.
 
You are very welcome!  Glad I can help a bit, as you guys have been so helpful to me.

Out of curiosity, I just checked Partzilla for the $200 parts that are NLA per Honda and Partzilla ended up refunding--they still are listed "Ships in 1-2 days." 
:@



I do think thatbWeBike does legitimately have stock available, though perhaps there is a website issue making ordering difficult.

If you want to give WeBike one last try, I'd say try using a different device (mobile, PC) and a different browser. In sone cases, at least inmy experience, Google Chrome seems to work when others don't.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20260511-021742.webp
    Screenshot_20260511-021742.webp
    81.5 KB · Views: 115
Thanks Lucien.
I'm on Google Chrome on my laptop. I see exactly what you show above, when I try to order the part from Webike.
After too many failed attempts, I'm out. What's puzzling is this happening after I've ordered from them previously without issues on the same computer and link I used in the recent past.

Also, what's going on with Honda in the first place with this ECU? Why eliminate it now? They didn't acknowledge a problem with the original one, then supersede it in production, only to decide to remove it altogether.

I've owned my 2014 Standard since buying it as a new leftover in 2018. I love the bike, and its been having the cold start idle issue for a while now. After it's riding it a bit, it goes away, so it's not a huge problem. After finding this thread, I decided to try the ECU swap since I want to keep the bike and have modded it to suit me. It made sense to do this instead of the IACV swap.
This isn't my only motorcycle, so I'll just wait for further developments.
 
Wild guesses (well, maybe semi-educated), but the developers keep updating websites on one side and browsers on the other, many times in response to hacking attempts, and consequently things fall out of sync for a while as the folks on the website try to fix whatever broke. So maybe later today or tomorrow everything will work again.

Alternately, anyone using Chrome on a PC might try Firefox and/or their mobile.

For both troubleshooting and backup purposes,  the correct version ECU on eBay from a salvaged bike might be the most economical route. I've added a few searches to my eBay account to see if any pop up and will report back here if any show up for sale.
 
I have reached out to Webike Customer Support. See below. Will advise when I receive a response.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
________________________________________
From: David
Sent: Monday, May 11, 2026 8:05 AM
To: Webike Japan <jp_support@webike.net>
Subject: Problem Placing Order
 
Good morning,

My name is David. I am a very happy, loyal Webike Customer. I am also an Administrator for the CB1100 Community Forum (https://cb1100forum.net/forum).

I encouraged a colleague to use Webike to purchase the following item:

HONDA OEM Motorcycle parts : Pgm-Fi Unit [38770MGCA43]

His transaction continues to fail. His experience was documented in the following post:

The CB1100 Community Forum

I suspect the problem exists somewhere between setting up his account, purchasing the item from your inventory, and the calculation for shipping fees for DHL International Shipping. I recognize what a complex transaction this is, traverses three separate ERP systems. Until now, it has always been flawless. 

To be candid, I suspect I and Webike may have lost some credibility because everyone on our Forum expected the transaction to be a standard Internet-base transaction:

Select the part
Confirm compatibility
Enter a shipping address
Receive a total
Place the order
Receive an estimated delivery date

Please advise what information you would like to pass on to my friend to complete this transaction. Thank you in advance for a prompt response.

With great respect,
David
 
RD, keep in mind that when the old board first came online we had a lot of fun with Webike. They are reliable and everything, but apparently none spoke English so we got some really funny replies from them. I guess they used Google translate or some such. That is why we started using Samurider a lot as Mr. T speaks English.

I do not know if Webike is still non English speaking. I have nothing bad to say about them and have ordered items from them too.

I believe Mr. T could source an ECU and it may be worthwhile to contact him if Webike can’t end up helping.
 
In my 12 transactions with them, language has not been an issue. I believe they have taken a page from the Latin American playback and have started to require support people to attend English classes.

I believe the root cause of the problem is related to the ERP System integration between WeBike and DHL. Made worse by the recent change in tariffs that has forced both organizations to update an already complex system.

Will post the response I receive. Let no on ever forget that I can be completely off the mark on more ocassions than not! More to follow.
 
Please see response below from Webike. If you opt to try again, I encourage you to follow their instructions. If you are unable to complete the transaction, I will gladly provide liaison services and work to resolve the matter to everyone's satisfaction. If you post results in the Thread, I will make sure I check twice a day to ensure a prompt response. Hope this helps. David

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From: jp_info@webike.net <jp_info@webike.net>
Sent: Monday, May 11, 2026 6:42 PM
Subject: Message from Webike Japan 20260512T0000000035

Dear David
Thank you for using Webike Japan. This is Chika at Global Customer Service. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused during your recent attempt to place an order. We appreciate your continued support of Webike, as well as the time you took to report this matter on behalf of your colleague.

In some cases, when the server is under heavy load, users may experience difficulties completing transactions. Additionally, temporary browser data such as cookies or cache may interfere with the ordering process.

To resolve this issue, please try the following steps:
1.Clear all cookies and cache in your browser.
2.Log out and log back in.
3.Use Google Chrome (Incognito window) or a different device to place the order.

If the problem persists, please contact us again with the following information:

・A screenshot of the error message/page.

We appreciate your cooperation and understanding.

Please feel free to ask any other questions you may have.

We look forward to serving you at Webike: Motorcycle Parts, Accessories, Gears, OEM parts & Reviews

Best regards,
Chika
Webike Japan
 
Webike reports there are 5 units available. Please see email below. If anyone wants to order from them and is having any problems processing the order, I will gladly assist. Please send me in a private message (not as a post) your cell number and a convenient time to call, I am sure we can overcome whatever the issue is working together. Webike is also available. Have a great week. David

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear David,
Thank you for using Webike Japan.
This is Chika at Global Customer Service.
------------------------------
Pgm-Fi Unit
Product#38770MGCA43
HONDA OEM Motorcycle parts : Pgm-Fi Unit [38770MGCA43]
------------------------------

There are currently 5 units in stock at the manufacturer.
If the customer is still experiencing issues placing the order, could you please provide us with a screenshot of the error ?
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and appreciate your understanding.

Please feel free to ask any other questions you may have.
We look forward to serving you at Webike: Motorcycle Parts, Accessories, Gears, OEM parts & Reviews

Best regards,
Chika
Webike Japan
 
Back
Top