Identifying some bits on my bike

postoak_imp

Been there
Thread starter
While installing my O2 sensor eliminator I noticed a set of wires hanging down on the outside of the bike, covered with a plastic plug, for attaching something. I traced as far back and up as I could and it appeared to be headed for the battery.

Is this stock or something the original owner installed? I'm guessing it is either for a battery charger or else some sort of diagnostic plug:



[url=http://s70.photobucket.com/user/postoak/media/Motorcycles/20160903_075619_zpsmeqxonqu.jpg.html]

[url=http://s70.photobucket.com/user/postoak/media/Motorcycles/20160903_075627_zps6nh00zwl.jpg.html]

Also, headed toward the back brakes is a thin flexible black plastic tube. I find it hard to believe this is the hydraulic brake tube.

[url=http://s70.photobucket.com/user/postoak/media/Motorcycles/20160903_075707_zpsudjckovr.jpg.html]
 
That connector is owner added for a battery tender or power tap for heated clothes or phone charging etc.

That black tube you are holding is the speed sensor wiring.
 
Yep battery tender , mine had one and it is a good thing as I now alternate between bikes with the sane charger.
 
use2b_imp said:
Yep battery tender , mine had one and it is a good thing as I now alternate between bikes with the sane charger.
I know I shouldn't do this; but ... you'll find an insane charger much more entertaining.
 
Back
Top