ID these fork boots/ fork gaiters

Riko_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
can somebody ID these fork boots pls?





They aren't the same as those sold by Samurider and wich many here on the board seem to have:


Personally the ones sold by Samurider fit the bike, but dont look as good as the one above, there are just too many rings, and you get the weird effect that the gaiters dont sit straight and the compression of the gaiter is not equal throught the whole length.


thx a lot
 
Riko_imp said:
can somebody ID these fork boots pls?





They aren't the same as those sold by Samurider and wich many here on the board seem to have:


Personally the ones sold by Samurider fit the bike, but dont look as good as the one above, there are just too many rings, and you get the weird effect that the gaiters dont sit straight and the compression of the gaiter is not equal throught the whole length.


thx a lot
They look similar to mine.



If so, they're Kawasaki and you can look up their reference in the how-to section of the forum...
 
Thread starter
aight I'll look into that one thx!

meanwhile I found some very nice looking AND easy install gaiters from Kijima!

got this from japan.webike.net
a67476adf405662f4f67588451ef1060.jpg


made for Harley originally, but since they have various 41mm versions, I assume these would fit the CB1100 as well.

How long are your fork boots Ghost_diver, in mm?
And when I count the number of rings, yours has 1 more ring than the one above.
But I did send the guy a PM on facebook, so I am awaiting his answer :)
 
I don't really know the measurements and my bike is currently at the dealership (new accelerator, clutch cables and horn changed due do corrosion issues), but the kawa reference was taken from Ferret's how-to post. I would assume that they are the same. The bike is a 13 standard abs model.
 
Nope, the rear is a Pirelli something. You can read it if you blow up the photo. I'm not sure which model, but with an 18" fitment, there are probably only a few choices.
 
Back
Top