ID Daytona electronic parts on handlebar

Thread starter
Lol. You serious?

Electronic parts clearly and you say dampers.
+ steering dampers are tube like mechanical parts located between frame and steering.

It sure aint steering dampers...
 
I looked at the Daytona parts on their website or Website and couldn't find anything for sure that looked like that.

I'm assuming that AzBob thought the accessory mounting bar might be a damper.
 
well there is a tube there for some reason anchored to the handlebar. I can't imagine what it might be, that's a pretty serious tube and it looks like 2 slide switches that go to it. I don't know thinking about it I don't see where the handlebars could move at all anchored like that. would love to see a picture of the whole set up. Was that the only picture available of the bike?
 
If you zoom in on it you can clearly see 12V on the left one. I would suspect that they are both charging ports with the one on the right most likely (due to it's size) being a USB port.
 
Randy B_imp said:
If you zoom in on it you can clearly see 12V on the left one. I would suspect that they are both charging ports with the one on the right most likely (due to it's size) being a USB port.
Agreed, I would say standard "cigarette lighter" power socket on the left, and USB on the right. Odd, that a search of the mighty interwebs cannot locate these accessories to cross reference.


Sent from an undisclosed location
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
well there is a tube there for some reason anchored to the handlebar. I can't imagine what it might be, that's a pretty serious tube and it looks like 2 slide switches that go to it. I don't know thinking about it I don't see where the handlebars could move at all anchored like that. would love to see a picture of the whole set up. Was that the only picture available of the bike?
yeah I got that one from facebook, the Taiwanese CB1100 page.

could not read Chinese (I assume they speak Chinese in Taiwan)


aaaight thx a lot all,

I thought this would be some high tech gizmo :)
 
popgun I see now. Just another tube to hang junk on, and it swings WITH the handlebars. Wow.

Here's a technical observation. I wonder why didn't they just take one tube, counter bore it in the center and run a bolt through it rather than that elaborate multi piece machined set up? Crazy!
 
Yeah, it is fancy. The ones on Webike look to be all one-piece. I guess on this one you could put one (or both) arms vertical if you wanted to.
 
Back
Top