I was exiled for a while....

Hiram E. Varona_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
For the last few weeks I was unable to click on any of the pictures. I never gave it a second thought. Today my son explained to me that I was not "LOGGED IN". It took him a while, but finally he had gotten me into the Forum once again. It may seem strange to many of you but the simplest things most people take fro granted, are a huge obstacles to those un familiar with this technology. He assures me that I'm permanently "logged in". I hope he's right, I've become used to this Forum, and I would miss it very much if I'm locked out again. Let's see how long it lasts.
 
Thanks for the morning laugh, I help my father out with the internet as well, so I get where you are coming from... Glad you are back and your son could help you out. !!

Don't CLEAR YOUR COOKIES .... Or the same thing will happen once again. !!
 
Oh no, Boko. Hiram is in league all by his onesies. Guth is considering setting up a "Hiram Whines About Technology" discussion section.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
EmptySea_imp said:
Oh no, Boko. Hiram is in league all by his onesies. Guth is considering setting up a "Hiram Whines About Technology" discussion section.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sir, it is my pleasure to be able to "amuse" you in my inability to use this technology. But what will give even "greater" pleasure, is the day you too will find some type of technology beyond your ability to understand it. Then you sir, will undoubtedly amuse those snobs who will think it's the funniest thing they had ever seen!
JF Coastal_imp said:
Thanks for the morning laugh, I help my father out with the internet as well, so I get where you are coming from... Glad you are back and your son could help you out. !!

Don't CLEAR YOUR COOKIES .... Or the same thing will happen once again. !!
Since I turned 60 I've lost my taste for cookies. Now I tend to put cocktail onions, and olives in my Clamato....
 
Catch-22, to fix several issues with computers, purging your cookies is one of the first things to try. :) That and your browser cache. Kinda like the garbage. You have to take it out from time to time.

So it's not a bad idea, at our age, to have a list of login names and associated passwords written down somewhere for that time when you:
a)clear your cookies
b)need to replace the hard drive because it died
c)need to replace the computer - for what ever reason
d)the person that keeps track of this stuff dies and the other person has to deal with the loose ends. :(
e)too much to keep track of and the brain is a full cup; something goes in, something else over flows and leaves.
 
That put a smile on my face ;) I enjoy this forum a lot. It is indeed a place for friendship, camaraderie, levity, exploration, discovery, frustration AND the total overthinking of practically any subject posted ;)
Love you guys!!!
 
EmptySea_imp said:
Perhaps I am the first to dip my toe into this year's "silly season" pool.
I spied a wave upon the waterless ocean!

Welcome back, Hiram.


Rboe_imp said:
Catch-22, to fix several issues with computers, purging your cookies is one of the first things to try. :) That and your browser cache. Kinda like the garbage. You have to take it out from time to time.

So it's not a bad idea, at our age, to have a list of login names and associated passwords written down somewhere for that time when you:
a)clear your cookies
b)need to replace the hard drive because it died
c)need to replace the computer - for what ever reason
d)the person that keeps track of this stuff dies and the other person has to deal with the loose ends. :(
e)too much to keep track of and the brain is a full cup; something goes in, something else over flows and leaves.
I have no interest in this outfit, but lastpass.com provides an excellent solution to the problem of passwords.
 
And the nog season starts
 
Do not feel bad about your son having to teach you about browsers and logging in.
How much time did you spend trying to teach HIM to use a spoon and NOT crap in his pants? :)
 
The reality is that we all have some things that come easier to us than others and vice versa. Ironically, when it comes to this forum there are still plenty of things that I find myself struggling to figure out from time to time. But who am I going to complain to? I pretty much got myself into this mess, lol.

Hang in there Hiram. At the bottom of every page on this forum, you'll find a link that reads "Contact Us". If you click on that, it should automatically launch your email program and whatever note you choose to write will be directed to me when you send it off. Should you ever find yourself locked out again without someone around to help you out, go ahead and use the link to get in touch with me and we'll get things figured out to get you back on board.

All the best,
Guth
 
Thread starter
Guth_imp said:
The reality is that we all have some things that come easier to us than others and vice versa. Ironically, when it comes to this forum there are still plenty of things that I find myself struggling to figure out from time to time. But who am I going to complain to? I pretty much got myself into this mess, lol.

Hang in there Hiram. At the bottom of every page on this forum, you'll find a link that reads "Contact Us". If you click on that, it should automatically launch your email program and whatever note you choose to write will be directed to me when you send it off. Should you ever find yourself locked out again without someone around to help you out, go ahead and use the link to get in touch with me and we'll get things figured out to get you back on board.

All the best,
Guth
 
Thread starter
Guth_imp said:
The reality is that we all have some things that come easier to us than others and vice versa. Ironically, when it comes to this forum there are still plenty of things that I find myself struggling to figure out from time to time. But who am I going to complain to? I pretty much got myself into this mess, lol.

Hang in there Hiram. At the bottom of every page on this forum, you'll find a link that reads "Contact Us". If you click on that, it should automatically launch your email program and whatever note you choose to write will be directed to me when you send it off. Should you ever find yourself locked out again without someone around to help you out, go ahead and use the link to get in touch with me and we'll get things figured out to get you back on board.

All the best,
Guth
Guth, your comments come at a very opportune time. I was starting to feel that my comments here were simply not welcomed. I read one particular post that was full of anger and in not so many words suggested that he despised the fact that I had on more than one occasion complained about not having the ability to post my pictures on this forum. I had the pleasure of having contacted one of our members in Australia, and he tried his best to explain the process to me. I finally gave it up. Now my son has taken me under his wing and it was he that discovered that I was not logged in. He has pasted a small piece of paper on the side of my computer with the Forum username and password. He has promised me to study Photobucket and show me how to post pictures. If you had not posted your message I was going to excuse myself from this Forum in order not to make anyone unhappy with my postings. If I annoyed anyone with anything I have posted here be assured that it was never my intention when I posted it. I will try and not complain about my computer knowledge. I'm sorry for creating such emotions on some members here.
 
Back
Top