I was bad bought a GoldWing instead

CPT Tom_imp

New to the forum
Thread starter
And BTW when I was at my Honda Store in Huntington Beach, CA I asked about the CB1100s as they had two black 2014s before. "We just sold the last one". They have a 2017 EX on the way will be there today or tomorrow.
I snagged a 2007 Goldwing yesterday and there's way to may buttons on it.
Turning is raising my blood pressure.
Tom:biker:
 
Well congrats, although not sure how you made that turn, a Goldwing and a CB aren't in the same class lol. What ever makes you happy, makes us happy.
 
I remember that time I went to buy a vintage corvette and came home with a camper van instead. Have a great summer touring on your new ride!
 
Lol one time my wife went to buy a mini van and came home with a red 2 seater sports car.
 
You gents and wives really have issues keeping focused on the objective when you go shopping. Lol


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
 
I rode an Goldwing Aspencade for 9 years. Truly the Cadillac of motorcycles. No wind blast or noise behind that big windscreen, cushy seats, air adjustable suspension with the push of a button, and enough luggage to take everything you need with you.

One Sunday morning a buddy pulled up beside me and signalled me to look back. There was the usually nervous princess Penny fast asleep in her throne. Now that's comfortable cruising.
 
Some of you guys! I went out to buy a '14 CB1100 and by golly, I came home riding one. : )
 
I made that mistake 44 years ago. Went with my dad to buy a brand new '73 XR75 that I had been saving for and obsessing over for the prior six months, but asked if we could stop at the Kawasaki dealer on the way, "just to take a look around." We never made it to the Honda dealer. I made an impulsive decision and came home with a Hodaka Super Rat 100. Big mistake! I should have bought the XR75 instead!
 
Yeah the Hodaka had loads of problems. I had a Kami. Same engine made by Fuji. Leaky petcocks. Solid fuel line after the fuel turned the kind of flexible tubing into a leaky plastic mess. Horrid suspension. Poor starting. My shin can STILL tell you that! LOL. The XR was ans IS a classic.
 
pdedse_imp said:
Some of you guys! I went out to buy a '14 CB1100 and by golly, I came home riding one. : )
Yep. Me too. Except it was an '11 CB1100 and I rode it 130 kms home.

Focus, fellas. Focus.
 
Nortoon_imp said:
I rode an Goldwing Aspencade for 9 years. Truly the Cadillac of motorcycles. No wind blast or noise behind that big windscreen, cushy seats, air adjustable suspension with the push of a button, and enough luggage to take everything you need with you.

One Sunday morning a buddy pulled up beside me and signalled me to look back. There was the usually nervous princess Penny fast asleep in her throne. Now that's comfortable cruising.
Was she strapped in? That scares me when I hear about a biker chick asleep on the back of a GW.
 
Friend of mine, ex state trooper, is on his second Wing. Used to have a 1500 cruiser. Loves the Wing. He's on that thing all the time. Rain. Sun. Cold. 35k miles in no time.
 
Why not just fix a goldwing seat to a cb1100? Best of both worlds!

05d10f257435f80c4bb9fda2c4a6a902.jpg
 
Good night but that illustrates how small the seat is on the CB ( or how big the seat is on a wing)
 
Back
Top