I tried.....posting a pic.

el duque_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Its been awhile since I posted any pictures on any of the forums I'm on.

Seems....changes have been made with hosting sites, how to do etc.

I read somewhere here that imgur was good cause photobucket had some issue...no idea.

I used a site years ago and they kept ramping up till they wanted to charge $.

Not gonna do it.

Anyway I tried the imgur method... uploaded a pic from my computer used the embed link, stuck it in a reply message, clicked preview post and all I get is the typed out code as it were for the picture/website...no pic.

What gives?

Thanks!

I want to be ready to post em up when my ride shows up ! :excited:
 
el duque_imp said:
Its been awhile since I posted any pictures on any of the forums I'm on.

Seems....changes have been made with hosting sites, how to do etc.

I read somewhere here that imgur was good cause photobucket had some issue...no idea.

I used a site years ago and they kept ramping up till they wanted to charge $.

Not gonna do it.

Anyway I tried the imgur method... uploaded a pic from my computer used the embed link, stuck it in a reply message, clicked preview post and all I get is the typed out code as it were for the picture/website...no pic.

What gives?

Thanks!

I want to be ready to post em up when my ride shows up ! :excited:
I found that in Preview mode some pictures do not display. But they did when I posted the message. Or I received a warning that the picture was too big, and had to resize them.
 
if you downloaded to imgur, click on the pic you want to post, it should show up in a separate screen by itself, and then click on the BB code link, and it will automatically copy then click paste into your thread and it will show up.

2b18fd71451e402a148ccc8c5ef34b8a.jpg
 
el duque, when you're typing your post and including images, you will want to see text that looks like:

Code:
sjdhjhgj57.jpg

The 'img' '/img' in square bracket is what the forum software needs to display the picture. Imgur can give it to you automatically if you follow the Ferret's guidance.
 
Thread starter
given it a go.
project 78 Gl 1000
new to me cb - leaving MI soon.
ok well that didn't seem to work.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/40aXZ"><a href="//imgur.com/40aXZ"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
0093f2fb54ac83153174e8a42e012079.jpg


940a803a36a12e684ea6054cae4dc066.jpg


future stable mates
took a little while but I found the bb link

thanks guys
 
Good work el duque!
 
Back
Top