I think Its Done

chync_imp said:
Had the bike painted to match my 2017 tank. I think I'm done. ;-)

Everything I have done to my 2014 so far:

Windscreen
Short handlebars
2017 tank
Custom seat
Short front and rear fenders
Rear rack
17" tubeless spoked aluminum wheels
Pirelli Diablo Rosso III tires
Smaller front sprocket
Ohlins rear shocks
Ohlins front fork inserts
Fork brace
Steel braided brake lines
Aggressive brake pads
Lowered front end and raised the rear
Staintune exhaust
Jet hot coated headers
Frame sliders
Power commander v
Flashed ecu
Dyno tuned fuel map
Custom paint

3fbbf15f6f38dfe053483cee21d46f35.jpg




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nicely done!
Can you post some front pics of your bike?
I like the windscreen. I'm looking for something similar for my 2017 RS.
What type is it?

Thanks
 
Can you post the dyno graph? I'm curious to see how much of a performance increase your mods were. Or maybe link to a thread if you posted it somewhere. Great looking motorcycle, congrats
 
Great looking bike. What kind of rims are you using and how big of a tire did you go with? Also who did your dyno tuning?
 
Thread starter
LikeAfox_imp said:
Can you post the dyno graph? I'm curious to see how much of a performance increase your mods were. Or maybe link to a thread if you posted it somewhere. Great looking motorcycle, congrats

I’m traveling but I will try to remember when I’m back home. Most of the mods weren’t related to hp but improving the response and handling. But it’s a lot more fun in the mountains now.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bruceb63_imp said:
Great looking bike. What kind of rims are you using and how big of a tire did you go with? Also who did your dyno tuning?

The rims are 17” tubeless aluminum from Kineo. Lighter than stock. I have a 180 on the rear.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
This is fantastic. One question when you used the new style gas cap where you able to re key it to your ignition??
 
Thread starter
swifty_imp said:
This is fantastic. One question when you used the new style gas cap where you able to re key it to your ignition??

No but I wish I could get an ignition lock that matched the gas cap. It’s a much better key and lock.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thank you.. I take it you didn't have handle bar clearance issues with the tank?.. I'm about to pull the trigger on this
 
Thread starter
swifty_imp said:
Thank you.. I take it you didn't have handle bar clearance issues with the tank?.. I'm about to pull the trigger on this

The handlebars haven’t changed in any of the models that I’m aware of. I am using the short bars.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
chync_imp said:
swifty_imp said:
Thank you.. I take it you didn't have handle bar clearance issues with the tank?.. I'm about to pull the trigger on this

The handlebars haven’t changed in any of the models that I’m aware of. I am using the short bars.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The handlebars haven’t changed in any of the models that I’m aware of. I am using the short bars.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk I'm going to Honda today see if the ignition locks will interchange that way one key

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Is your bike a standard? mine is I don't know if that makes a difference with the tank.
 
Thread starter
swifty_imp said:
chync_imp said:
swifty_imp said:
Thank you.. I take it you didn't have handle bar clearance issues with the tank?.. I'm about to pull the trigger on this

The handlebars haven’t changed in any of the models that I’m aware of. I am using the short bars.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The handlebars haven’t changed in any of the models that I’m aware of. I am using the short bars.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk I'm going to Honda today see if the ignition locks will interchange that way one key

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Is your bike a standard? mine is I don't know if that makes a difference with the tank.

The handlebars haven’t changed in any of the models that I’m aware of. I am using the short bars.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk I'm going to Honda today see if the ignition locks will interchange that way one key

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Is your bike a standard? mine is I don't know if that makes a difference with the tank.

I would be interested in hearing the outcome of that conversation.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I like how you kept the side panels black.
the red color isn't interrupted; it's a straight
line at the bottom, which ties the cafe trunk and gas tank lines nicely. Good job!

eac89ceb79da551b6b4a4d5d3a3cbe41.jpg
 
chync_imp said:
swifty_imp said:
chync_imp said:
swifty_imp said:
Thank you.. I take it you didn't have handle bar clearance issues with the tank?.. I'm about to pull the trigger on this

The handlebars haven’t changed in any of the models that I’m aware of. I am using the short bars.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The handlebars haven’t changed in any of the models that I’m aware of. I am using the short bars.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk I'm going to Honda today see if the ignition locks will interchange that way one key

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Is your bike a standard? mine is I don't know if that makes a difference with the tank.

The handlebars haven’t changed in any of the models that I’m aware of. I am using the short bars.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk I'm going to Honda today see if the ignition locks will interchange that way one key

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Is your bike a standard? mine is I don't know if that makes a difference with the tank.

I would be interested in hearing the outcome of that conversation.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The handlebars haven’t changed in any of the models that I’m aware of. I am using the short bars.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk I'm going to Honda today see if the ignition locks will interchange that way one key

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Is your bike a standard? mine is I don't know if that makes a difference with the tank.

I would be interested in hearing the outcome of that conversation.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Well everyone has told me the same thing I will have two different keys as the locks use a different blank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
swifty_imp said:
chync_imp said:
swifty_imp said:
chync_imp said:
swifty_imp said:
Thank you.. I take it you didn't have handle bar clearance issues with the tank?.. I'm about to pull the trigger on this

The handlebars haven’t changed in any of the models that I’m aware of. I am using the short bars.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The handlebars haven’t changed in any of the models that I’m aware of. I am using the short bars.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk I'm going to Honda today see if the ignition locks will interchange that way one key

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Is your bike a standard? mine is I don't know if that makes a difference with the tank.

The handlebars haven’t changed in any of the models that I’m aware of. I am using the short bars.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk I'm going to Honda today see if the ignition locks will interchange that way one key

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Is your bike a standard? mine is I don't know if that makes a difference with the tank.

I would be interested in hearing the outcome of that conversation.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The handlebars haven’t changed in any of the models that I’m aware of. I am using the short bars.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk I'm going to Honda today see if the ignition locks will interchange that way one key

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Is your bike a standard? mine is I don't know if that makes a difference with the tank.

I would be interested in hearing the outcome of that conversation.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Well everyone has told me the same thing I will have two different keys as the locks use a different blank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

The handlebars haven’t changed in any of the models that I’m aware of. I am using the short bars.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk I'm going to Honda today see if the ignition locks will interchange that way one key

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Is your bike a standard? mine is I don't know if that makes a difference with the tank.

I would be interested in hearing the outcome of that conversation.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Well everyone has told me the same thing I will have two different keys as the locks use a different blank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I guess I misunderstood. I thought you were inquiring about getting a 2017 ignition lock to match the new tank lock. Was that not an option?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
chync_imp said:
swifty_imp said:
chync_imp said:
swifty_imp said:
chync_imp said:
swifty_imp said:
Thank you.. I take it you didn't have handle bar clearance issues with the tank?.. I'm about to pull the trigger on this

The handlebars haven’t changed in any of the models that I’m aware of. I am using the short bars.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The handlebars haven’t changed in any of the models that I’m aware of. I am using the short bars.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk I'm going to Honda today see if the ignition locks will interchange that way one key

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Is your bike a standard? mine is I don't know if that makes a difference with the tank.

The handlebars haven’t changed in any of the models that I’m aware of. I am using the short bars.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk I'm going to Honda today see if the ignition locks will interchange that way one key

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Is your bike a standard? mine is I don't know if that makes a difference with the tank.

I would be interested in hearing the outcome of that conversation.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The handlebars haven’t changed in any of the models that I’m aware of. I am using the short bars.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk I'm going to Honda today see if the ignition locks will interchange that way one key

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Is your bike a standard? mine is I don't know if that makes a difference with the tank.

I would be interested in hearing the outcome of that conversation.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Well everyone has told me the same thing I will have two different keys as the locks use a different blank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

The handlebars haven’t changed in any of the models that I’m aware of. I am using the short bars.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk I'm going to Honda today see if the ignition locks will interchange that way one key

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Is your bike a standard? mine is I don't know if that makes a difference with the tank.

I would be interested in hearing the outcome of that conversation.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Well everyone has told me the same thing I will have two different keys as the locks use a different blank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I guess I misunderstood. I thought you were inquiring about getting a 2017 ignition lock to match the new tank lock. Was that not an option?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm going to Honda today see if the ignition locks will interchange that way one key

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Is your bike a standard? mine is I don't know if that makes a difference with the tank.

I would be interested in hearing the outcome of that conversation.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Well everyone has told me the same thing I will have two different keys as the locks use a different blank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I guess I misunderstood. I thought you were inquiring about getting a 2017 ignition lock to match the new tank lock. Was that not an option?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk If I do that I would order an entire lock set the one difference I see is the electrical connector on the ignition switch I'm looking at doing that now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
 
swifty_imp said:
chync_imp said:
swifty_imp said:
chync_imp said:
swifty_imp said:
chync_imp said:
swifty_imp said:
Thank you.. I take it you didn't have handle bar clearance issues with the tank?.. I'm about to pull the trigger on this

The handlebars haven’t changed in any of the models that I’m aware of. I am using the short bars.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The handlebars haven’t changed in any of the models that I’m aware of. I am using the short bars.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk I'm going to Honda today see if the ignition locks will interchange that way one key

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Is your bike a standard? mine is I don't know if that makes a difference with the tank.

The handlebars haven’t changed in any of the models that I’m aware of. I am using the short bars.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk I'm going to Honda today see if the ignition locks will interchange that way one key

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Is your bike a standard? mine is I don't know if that makes a difference with the tank.

I would be interested in hearing the outcome of that conversation.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The handlebars haven’t changed in any of the models that I’m aware of. I am using the short bars.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk I'm going to Honda today see if the ignition locks will interchange that way one key

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Is your bike a standard? mine is I don't know if that makes a difference with the tank.

I would be interested in hearing the outcome of that conversation.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Well everyone has told me the same thing I will have two different keys as the locks use a different blank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

The handlebars haven’t changed in any of the models that I’m aware of. I am using the short bars.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk I'm going to Honda today see if the ignition locks will interchange that way one key

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Is your bike a standard? mine is I don't know if that makes a difference with the tank.

I would be interested in hearing the outcome of that conversation.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Well everyone has told me the same thing I will have two different keys as the locks use a different blank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I guess I misunderstood. I thought you were inquiring about getting a 2017 ignition lock to match the new tank lock. Was that not an option?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm going to Honda today see if the ignition locks will interchange that way one key

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Is your bike a standard? mine is I don't know if that makes a difference with the tank.

I would be interested in hearing the outcome of that conversation.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Well everyone has told me the same thing I will have two different keys as the locks use a different blank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I guess I misunderstood. I thought you were inquiring about getting a 2017 ignition lock to match the new tank lock. Was that not an option?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk If I do that I would order an entire lock set the one difference I see is the electrical connector on the ignition switch I'm looking at doing that now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I would be interested in hearing the outcome of that conversation.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Well everyone has told me the same thing I will have two different keys as the locks use a different blank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I guess I misunderstood. I thought you were inquiring about getting a 2017 ignition lock to match the new tank lock. Was that not an option?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk If I do that I would order an entire lock set the one difference I see is the electrical connector on the ignition switch I'm looking at doing that now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk I ordered the tank today and just the gas cap so I hope to have all this done by next weekend

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
 
the 017 tank is one aesthetic mod I wouldn't mind doing. Where did you order the tank from? Is it a straight swap from to an 014 dlx?

and yes chyc,
that does look like fund$ were spent.
 
Thread starter
el duque_imp said:
the 017 tank is one aesthetic mod I wouldn't mind doing. Where did you order the tank from? Is it a straight swap from to an 014 dlx?

and yes chyc,
that does look like fund$ were spent.

I got the tank from Samurider. It fit my standard and should fit the dlx the same.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top