I think I'm having a crisis...

Papa Weeley_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
This is just about the most beautiful thing I've ever seen with two wheels. :worship:
The problem is, I gave up on sportbikes just a couple of years ago because I'm not comfortable folding myself up onto them any more. :s
But, ohhh mama, do I like this bike...
...hence my crisis. :(

 
Whoa, easy tiger!

I don't think, it would help you, if I told you, a friend of mine just got this street legal today:

303a025f659b60687b87072196b3c0e2.jpg


Different bike, same crisis.
 
Cant help your case much. Was going to tell you there were only 40 MV dealers in the entire country making finding a dealership/parts/service difficult. Thought that may sway you. Unfortunately 1/4 of those dealers are in California..and so are you lol.

Personally I think the 1000 F4 was one of the most beautiful bikes ever made.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Cant help your case much. Was going to tell you there were only 40 MV dealers in the entire country making finding a dealership/parts/service difficult. Thought that may sway you. Unfortunately 1/4 of those dealers are in California..and so are you lol.

Personally I think the 1000 F4 was one of the most beautiful bikes ever made.
That was the first thing that came to mind for me too. I know a few MV riders up here in BC, who basically have one dealer for the entire province, which moves enough bikes a year to count on one hand and has one tech who has any kind of factory training. Any major problem can easily see your bike sitting for months at a time.

MV's are achingly beautiful, but only really work if a. it's not your only bike and b. you never need any kind of intensive warranty work and c. never plan to do long trips on it. That said, if one came up for the right price, it would be hard for me to say no.
 
Papa Weeley_imp said:
This is just about the most beautiful thing I've ever seen with two wheels. :worship:
The problem is, I gave up on sportbikes just a couple of years ago because I'm not comfortable folding myself up onto them any more. :s
But, ohhh mama, do I like this bike...
...hence my crisis. :(


Wow. I don't care for sportbikes much at all, but I have to admit that is one fine looking machine. I couldn't stop looking at it. I say get it and find yourself a really good chiropractor (if you don't already have one!). Oh yeah, and remember to post pictures :) - Karl
 
MV's are beautiful motorcycles and there is a dealer in Dahlonega, GA just north of here. Way too expensive for my wallet and a poor fit for my aging frame.
 
Mv Agusta Brutale 800 or the Mv Agusta Rivale 800 If you want the upright riding poition.. But lf I remember correctly these 3 cylinders had fueling issues back when they re introduced the 3 cylinder layout. Anyway, Pro italia in Glendale is just a stone throw away for your Mv Agusta Fix.
 
Life is short...if you can afford it, do it, enjoy it, and have fun!

On the other hand, this 675 Triumph is also strikingly gorgeous, reliable, there are probably 10 dealers within 2 hours of your home, parts are easily obtainable, there are hundreds of techs that can work on them and it's sure to make you grin at 10,000 RPM's!



180 HP looks pretty sexy in red too!
 
There are lots of great looking bikes out there.
Repeat after me....

Must. Resist. The. Urge.
Must. Resist. The. Urge.
Must. Resist. The. Urge.
 
Warning!!!! Word is that MV have just gone into 'Protective Administration'. Prices will fall spares will be impossible to get and there will be no dealers.
 
is that for real Paul? I can't find anything on line about it.
 
MV Agusta right? I can't find anything either.
 
Interesting. A news story of 5 February says Mercedes Benz will display MV Augusta bikes in its showrooms. Mercedes acquired 25% of MV Augusta in 2014. See MV Agusta/Mercedes AMG Partnership
 
Just a rumour at the moment but it all depends how deeply Mercedes want to put their hands in their pockets to sort an embarrassing financial situation at MV.
 
Back
Top