I suppose it was bound to happen at some point.

Guth_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
I guess in the back of my mind I honestly never really thought that this would happen.

In my case it was exactly 2 years, 2 months and 2 days before it finally took place.

My tank just seems so naked without them. First the RLETs and now this?

(I blame the unseasonably warm weather we've been experiencing.)

7f3bb11fcbd6adb8d6600045dd962490.png
 
What exactly are we looking at? Something on the gas cap came off?
 
I'm surprised anybody still has them! That was one of the first "mods" (if one can even call it that) I did. I considered the stickers like all the airbag warning tags left in a new car....just CYA stuff from the manufacturer. I was really surprised when they entered into the discussion of keeping the bike stock.
 
The ferret_imp said:
No stickers popgun
I thought we all took them off right after we got home! :D

Good work Guth! Welcome to your own club! :P :excited:
 
Looks like they came off without leaving fade marks. I suppose the general lack of direct sunlight in Portland might have something to do with that :D

I removed mine after a few months. The sticker colors really clashed with the pretty red paint. Conversely, my CB750 is still wearing the original stickers. The background was transparent and the text is a muted gold color, so they really don't stick out like the CB11 stickers. I was considering removing them recently, but I'm afraid after 20 years (even mostly garaged and covered parking) it would likely leave an outline on the paint.
 
Bill,

Well done bro, though you were quite a holdout. Did they come off cleanly after being on for two years and is there any paint damage or outline?

Chip
 
Stickers only add value to vintage CBs, as it shows they are either completely stock from the show room then, or restored properly to stock from factory. They are not so cool on new bike, but I can see how, in the effort to emulate a classic CB750, one would want to keep them. I took mine off right away.
 
If you ever want to put the stickers back on, they are available. Right in the parts fiche.
 
Thread starter
After more than two years it finally dawned on me that I no longer owned a new bike, so off came the stickers. No paint damage and I thought no ghosting until the florescent light in the garage caught it at just the right angle. The bike sits in the garage at home and in a parking garage at work so not much sunlight exposure in general (and yeah, there is that whole Portland cloudy thing gong on for much of the year).
 
That ghosting of the paint will go away after a few washes and wax jobs, takes a little but there is still a tiny residue which takes time to dissapear. It will go away. When I first saw this thread I thought it was going to be one of those I just dropped my bike or scratched it for the first time threads.
 
uscgmac_imp said:
That ghosting of the paint will go away after a few washes and wax jobs, takes a little but there is still a tiny residue which takes time to dissapear. It will go away. When I first saw this thread I thought it was going to be one of those I just dropped my bike or scratched it for the first time threads.
I kind of like the stickers. Don't know why, they just seem so um "original".
 
I left mine on the swingarm. Unlike the tank stickers, there's actually useful information there.
 
Back
Top