I need to ride..before it's too late

All REAL BMWs have flat twin engines! Some would take this even further and say that real BMWs were made in Munich.
 
On one level I tend to agree, but the company has done very well getting away from one engine platform. Harley, Ducati and Moto Guzzi have designed them selves into a corner by sticking with their V twins. They have done fairly well but it really limits them in the market.

A strong case could be made that BMW has gotten too clever by half with their engineering, making their bikes way too complicated. I was looking at a buddies Honda Grom yesterday and for a stupid little 125cc it has way too much technology. EFI, computer, more wires than my computer. It's crazy. No wonder Vintage bikes are so popular with many folks. Progress. It's a two edge sword.
 
I like that BMW, they detuned the RR motor down 20hp for this model. I've had 2 boxers in the past, I like that motor for some reason? My new ones water cooled, a 1st for that motor.
 
I saw the S1000RR this one is based on at a recent event. The quality and finish of the bike was really impressive. The guy who owned it said it rides as good as it looks.
 
Thread starter
OK, I feel better now, been for 2 rides in 3 days, that feeling of why I like the CB1100 so much has come back......I have my MC lusting under control and realize I own the right bike for me at this time in my life. And "upgrading" to a BMW S1000R would not be worth my CB + $7K + $1700 a year insurance PLUS possibly having to find a new wife, nope not worth it.
 
Thread starter
ingobohn_imp said:
The BMW R nineT looks better (in my opinion) and is more classical. And has the "old" aur cooled boxer engine. :)
I would have to see in person, by photos alone, and certainly performance, I still like the S1000R, but I am using "as a sign" the dealer never answered my email on in-stock question as a reason not to proceed.
 
Baron Von Grumble ride and review

Great vlogger too if you hadn't heard of him...just maybe wear headphones if you are around little ones since he uses some pretty colorful language.
 
LOL that guy was funny. You're right a bit crude, but funny.
 
Back
Top