I need to ride..before it's too late

HikerToo_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
I thought I was 100% satisfied with my CB1100 for the rest of my life( am currently 52), but for some reason I can not get this BMW S1000R out of my mind, I would LOVE to have it.
http://www.bmwmotorcycles.com/us/en/inde...&notrack=1
[url=http://www.bmwmotorcycles.com/us/en/fascination/conquer_the_stage/main.html]http://www.bmwmotorcycles.com/us/en/fascination/conquer_the_stage/main.html


I will say I rode the CB yesterday for 20 or so miles and the good feeling came back, maybe it was just me obsessing on things this winter, too much internet and magazine time...after all, Kawasaki has a similar 1000 naked and I did not want one......luckily the nearest BMW dealer is 50 miles away....
 
The Beemer dealer in Cinti went out of business a few years ago, so no temptation there, but I can't imagine riding one of those beasts. Maybe price insurance before you go for a test ride.
 
Is the "new bike" worm gnawing at you, Hiker?
 
Thread starter
Well, I had my 900 ninja for 25 years before buying a new bike last year, the CB1100, and I love it, works great for what I needed.
I wonder if my wife would notice the difference between the CB1100 and S1000R....besides the 168 horse power, they could both be red.
 
That's is real close to DOUBLE the HP of the CB. Incredible.
 
HikerToo_imp said:
Well, I had my 900 ninja for 25 years before buying a new bike last year, the CB1100, and I love it, works great for what I needed.
I wonder if my wife would notice the difference between the CB1100 and S1000R....besides the 168 horse power, they could both be red.
More importantly, could you persuade her she's seeing double with a slight distortion and that there's really only one bike there? :P
 
HikerToo_imp said:
I thought I was 100% satisfied with my CB1100 for the rest of my life( am currently 52), but for some reason I can not get this BMW S1000R out of my mind, I would LOVE to have it.
http://www.bmwmotorcycles.com/us/en/inde...&notrack=1
[url=http://www.bmwmotorcycles.com/us/en/fascination/conquer_the_stage/main.html]http://www.bmwmotorcycles.com/us/en/fascination/conquer_the_stage/main.html


I will say I rode the CB yesterday for 20 or so miles and the good feeling came back, maybe it was just me obsessing on things this winter, too much internet and magazine time...after all, Kawasaki has a similar 1000 naked and I did not want one......luckily the nearest BMW dealer is 50 miles away....
You probably watched that "ice video". LOL Now you must have the BMW.
 
And it weighs less than a CB and isn't much higher than an 1100 deluxe to speak of.
 
Thread starter
Yikes,insurance.
Basic $350 year
Custom or premium - $1200 to $1700 a year, that may help make up my mind
 
I was going to buy a Corvette back in '79. Had the deal made, financing arranged, all that was left was to sign the papers. Called the insurance agent before going to pick up the car, the insurance was going to be more than the car note, (19 year old driver), ended up with an Olds Cutlass, :D.
 
The ferret_imp said:
That's is real close to DOUBLE the HP of the CB. Incredible.
Ferret, I regularly ride with my next door neighbor who has a 162 hp Ducati Diavel, which is two ponies short of double my 82 hp CB1100. Crazy.
 
cb400four_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
That's is real close to DOUBLE the HP of the CB. Incredible.
Ferret, I regularly ride with my next door neighbor who has a 162 hp Ducati Diavel, which is two ponies short of double my 82 hp CB1100. Crazy.
Ferret, I regularly ride with my next door neighbor who has a 162 hp Ducati Diavel, which is two ponies short of double my 82 hp CB1100. Crazy.
Hey cb400four, are you a member of the sohc4 forums?
 
Damfino_imp said:
cb400four_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
That's is real close to DOUBLE the HP of the CB. Incredible.
Ferret, I regularly ride with my next door neighbor who has a 162 hp Ducati Diavel, which is two ponies short of double my 82 hp CB1100. Crazy.
Ferret, I regularly ride with my next door neighbor who has a 162 hp Ducati Diavel, which is two ponies short of double my 82 hp CB1100. Crazy.
Hey cb400four, are you a member of the sohc4 forums?
Ferret, I regularly ride with my next door neighbor who has a 162 hp Ducati Diavel, which is two ponies short of double my 82 hp CB1100. Crazy.
Hey cb400four, are you a member of the sohc4 forums?
Yup, that be me.
 
cb400four_imp said:
Damfino_imp said:
cb400four_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
That's is real close to DOUBLE the HP of the CB. Incredible.
Ferret, I regularly ride with my next door neighbor who has a 162 hp Ducati Diavel, which is two ponies short of double my 82 hp CB1100. Crazy.
Ferret, I regularly ride with my next door neighbor who has a 162 hp Ducati Diavel, which is two ponies short of double my 82 hp CB1100. Crazy.
Hey cb400four, are you a member of the sohc4 forums?
Ferret, I regularly ride with my next door neighbor who has a 162 hp Ducati Diavel, which is two ponies short of double my 82 hp CB1100. Crazy.
Hey cb400four, are you a member of the sohc4 forums?
Yup, that be me.
Ferret, I regularly ride with my next door neighbor who has a 162 hp Ducati Diavel, which is two ponies short of double my 82 hp CB1100. Crazy.
Hey cb400four, are you a member of the sohc4 forums?
Yup, that be me.
Cool, I thought your avatar and tag line seemed familiar. ;)
 
Damfino_imp said:
cb400four_imp said:
Damfino_imp said:
cb400four_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
That's is real close to DOUBLE the HP of the CB. Incredible.
Ferret, I regularly ride with my next door neighbor who has a 162 hp Ducati Diavel, which is two ponies short of double my 82 hp CB1100. Crazy.
Ferret, I regularly ride with my next door neighbor who has a 162 hp Ducati Diavel, which is two ponies short of double my 82 hp CB1100. Crazy.
Hey cb400four, are you a member of the sohc4 forums?
Ferret, I regularly ride with my next door neighbor who has a 162 hp Ducati Diavel, which is two ponies short of double my 82 hp CB1100. Crazy.
Hey cb400four, are you a member of the sohc4 forums?
Yup, that be me.
Ferret, I regularly ride with my next door neighbor who has a 162 hp Ducati Diavel, which is two ponies short of double my 82 hp CB1100. Crazy.
Hey cb400four, are you a member of the sohc4 forums?
Yup, that be me.
Cool, I thought your avatar and tag line seemed familiar. ;)
Ferret, I regularly ride with my next door neighbor who has a 162 hp Ducati Diavel, which is two ponies short of double my 82 hp CB1100. Crazy.
Hey cb400four, are you a member of the sohc4 forums?
Yup, that be me.
Cool, I thought your avatar and tag line seemed familiar. ;)
I've got my high-school ride, a SOHC '75 400/Four in need of a restoration but work still crowding out that rewarding project, maybe a couple more years before I start! The SOHC forum still has the best help for matching engine paint and the like; some of the guys on that forum are simply magicians!

Do you have a vintage SOHC?
 
cb400four_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
That's is real close to DOUBLE the HP of the CB. Incredible.
Ferret, I regularly ride with my next door neighbor who has a 162 hp Ducati Diavel, which is two ponies short of double my 82 hp CB1100. Crazy.
Ferret, I regularly ride with my next door neighbor who has a 162 hp Ducati Diavel, which is two ponies short of double my 82 hp CB1100. Crazy.
Have you ridden it? I sat on one. Surprisingly comfortable.
 
The ferret_imp said:
cb400four_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
That's is real close to DOUBLE the HP of the CB. Incredible.
Ferret, I regularly ride with my next door neighbor who has a 162 hp Ducati Diavel, which is two ponies short of double my 82 hp CB1100. Crazy.
Ferret, I regularly ride with my next door neighbor who has a 162 hp Ducati Diavel, which is two ponies short of double my 82 hp CB1100. Crazy.
Have you ridden it? I sat on one. Surprisingly comfortable.
Ferret, I regularly ride with my next door neighbor who has a 162 hp Ducati Diavel, which is two ponies short of double my 82 hp CB1100. Crazy.
Have you ridden it? I sat on one. Surprisingly comfortable.
Yes, I have, awesome. I'm short and the seat height is perfect for me! Plus, the Ducati has all the advanced technology, and it is made in Italy, looks like a million bucks....

The only problem is, well, I LOVE INLINE FOUR HONDAS!

It's a madness, I know....:P
 
cb400four_imp said:
Damfino_imp said:
cb400four_imp said:
Damfino_imp said:
cb400four_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
That's is real close to DOUBLE the HP of the CB. Incredible.
Ferret, I regularly ride with my next door neighbor who has a 162 hp Ducati Diavel, which is two ponies short of double my 82 hp CB1100. Crazy.
Ferret, I regularly ride with my next door neighbor who has a 162 hp Ducati Diavel, which is two ponies short of double my 82 hp CB1100. Crazy.
Hey cb400four, are you a member of the sohc4 forums?
Ferret, I regularly ride with my next door neighbor who has a 162 hp Ducati Diavel, which is two ponies short of double my 82 hp CB1100. Crazy.
Hey cb400four, are you a member of the sohc4 forums?
Yup, that be me.
Ferret, I regularly ride with my next door neighbor who has a 162 hp Ducati Diavel, which is two ponies short of double my 82 hp CB1100. Crazy.
Hey cb400four, are you a member of the sohc4 forums?
Yup, that be me.
Cool, I thought your avatar and tag line seemed familiar. ;)
Ferret, I regularly ride with my next door neighbor who has a 162 hp Ducati Diavel, which is two ponies short of double my 82 hp CB1100. Crazy.
Hey cb400four, are you a member of the sohc4 forums?
Yup, that be me.
Cool, I thought your avatar and tag line seemed familiar. ;)
I've got my high-school ride, a SOHC '75 400/Four in need of a restoration but work still crowding out that rewarding project, maybe a couple more years before I start! The SOHC forum still has the best help for matching engine paint and the like; some of the guys on that forum are simply magicians!

Do you have a vintage SOHC?

Yeah, I've got the 1976 CB750K.
 
Damfino_imp said:
cb400four_imp said:
Damfino_imp said:
cb400four_imp said:
Damfino_imp said:
cb400four_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
That's is real close to DOUBLE the HP of the CB. Incredible.
Ferret, I regularly ride with my next door neighbor who has a 162 hp Ducati Diavel, which is two ponies short of double my 82 hp CB1100. Crazy.
Ferret, I regularly ride with my next door neighbor who has a 162 hp Ducati Diavel, which is two ponies short of double my 82 hp CB1100. Crazy.
Hey cb400four, are you a member of the sohc4 forums?
Ferret, I regularly ride with my next door neighbor who has a 162 hp Ducati Diavel, which is two ponies short of double my 82 hp CB1100. Crazy.
Hey cb400four, are you a member of the sohc4 forums?
Yup, that be me.
Ferret, I regularly ride with my next door neighbor who has a 162 hp Ducati Diavel, which is two ponies short of double my 82 hp CB1100. Crazy.
Hey cb400four, are you a member of the sohc4 forums?
Yup, that be me.
Cool, I thought your avatar and tag line seemed familiar. ;)
Ferret, I regularly ride with my next door neighbor who has a 162 hp Ducati Diavel, which is two ponies short of double my 82 hp CB1100. Crazy.
Hey cb400four, are you a member of the sohc4 forums?
Yup, that be me.
Cool, I thought your avatar and tag line seemed familiar. ;)
I've got my high-school ride, a SOHC '75 400/Four in need of a restoration but work still crowding out that rewarding project, maybe a couple more years before I start! The SOHC forum still has the best help for matching engine paint and the like; some of the guys on that forum are simply magicians!

Do you have a vintage SOHC?

Yeah, I've got the 1976 CB750K.

Yeah, I've got the 1976 CB750K.
Sweet!
 
Back
Top