I need Grip Recommendations

cbolling_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
I just cut off my grip puppies and installed my new grips. The problem is they are too short. Any recommendations for grips that actually fit?

 
Thread starter
Are the 719 grips long enough? It says that they are 125 mm. Which seems just a bit too short. That is why I am so confused. Grips seem to be pretty standard in length and the ones I bought are just too short.
 
Grip length is all over the place. CB1100 stock grips are about 135mm, as are most modern street bikes. Dirt bike grips are like 110-115mm.

You could always slide them in further and have the gap on the outside. Some 1" heat shrink or black tape can take up 10-15mm gap.
 
Thread starter
At this point I am not real picky about what I have to get. I just want them to fit. I figure someone on here has replaced their grips with ones that actually fit. I found some that are the proper length put they are closed end.
Ok, I just found a 135mm set on EBay and ordered them.
 
cbolling_imp said:
At this point I am not real picky about what I have to get. I just want them to fit. I figure someone on here has replaced their grips with ones that actually fit. I found some that are the proper length put they are closed end.
Ok, I just found a 135mm set on EBay and ordered them.
When I'm using closed-ended grips and I need to make them open-ended, I slide them on as far as they will go, then using a steel hammer, I whack the end and it cuts/pinches the bar and leaves the end open. I've tried cutting them open with a razor or knife, and they haven't been as clean. Sounds crude, but effective.
 
Thread starter
GoldOxide_imp said:
Grip Puppies on top of the OEM grips.
That is what I started with. Way too fat. I have had grip puppies before but these were way fatter than normal.
 
cbolling_imp said:
I just cut off my grip puppies and installed my new grips. The problem is they are too short. Any recommendations for grips that actually fit?
I have the same grips only red, but I also have dirt bars, so what I did is - i cut off the throttle twist tube sleeve, still plenty big for my xxl gloves. I needed to cut off the sides too to fit the bar-end mirrors
c48f2c977752a2bb9c30d96e4d2ed09a.jpg


Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
 
cbolling_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Grip Puppies on top of the OEM grips.
That is what I started with. Way too fat. I have had grip puppies before but these were way fatter than normal.
That is what I started with. Way too fat. I have had grip puppies before but these were way fatter than normal.
Understood. My grip comfort happens to improve with the extra diameter.
 
Back
Top