I made it practical

Thread starter
Some definitely look better than others. I've been using a V47 box for quite a few years, that I transferred from the BMW to the CB. Ferret, from your picture, looks like you're using one of these too. Since my BMW had a lot of angular silver trim at the back, I chose the V47 with a brushed aluminum panel on top and a silver trim band around the mid section This version features fake taillights, which I popped open and filled with Scotchlite tape. When I carry it into the office, my coworkers joke that I'm carrying a small Acura car to my desk.

The V40 I just picked up is smaller but actually taller than the V47, and definitely built to the design requirement that it comfortably fit one helmet. Because of this it's bulbous, and despite having some character lines molded in, just sort of looks like a small black Weber barbecue sitting on the back of the bike.

I was home yesterday, and spent some time sorting recycling in the garage, so I found myself staring at the box. I think I'll put a stripe of reflective tape around the circumference of it to break it up a bit.

Peterbaron, I like the looks of your box, with the red trim coming up over the top on both sides. Since I already have a Monokey on one bike, I was going to stick with it, so that both bikes could use either box. I was bummed that your style of box didn't come in a Monokey version. But, my V40 popped up for sale just a few miles from me at a great price, so that was an easy choice.

Funny thing, the guy only used the box once on his BMW. Said once he put it on, he couldn't stand the looks of it. :dodgy:
 
Yea I run a V47 on the FJR, and I do have scotchlight tape on the back, but not in the lens area, on the body. I'll see if I can get a pic somehow tonight when it gets dark. Can't see it in the light.

Similar to this on my ST 1300

6fb609112f89eb2b850e9e65cd7f71e2.jpg


7211c08ee972735a86c44de506812436.jpg


BTW that's not my garagae lol, it's the garage unit for a motorcycle motel down in Robbinsville NC. Every room gets a private garage.
 
Thread starter
Wow, I'd like to stay at a motel with motorcycle garages. I usually stay at "I'm going to get up every hour and look outside to see if it's still there" motels.

I like what you did there, Ferret. I've been thinking about putting some black Scotchlite pieces on the back of my bikes.
 
m in sc_imp said:
two wheel inn? never stayed there but had friends that did.
Yes, nice folks. I have stayed there several times.

Gone in 60_imp said:
Wow, I'd like to stay at a motel with motorcycle garages. I usually stay at "I'm going to get up every hour and look outside to see if it's still there" motels.

I like what you did there, Ferret. I've been thinking about putting some black Scotchlite pieces on the back of my bikes.
It is unusual. We usually park under the awnings of the hotels we stay at.

You can generally gauge how old someone is by the amount of reflective tape they have on their bike, helmet, trailer etc lo,
 
my thoughts on trunks are, they just stand out too much !! .. to lessen the look of them, run saddle bags along with them.. it gives balance.. my tail bag or my hard bags would not accommodate a helmet, so if I am worried about it, instead of detaching the trunk, I would just take the helmet in to where I am going .. thats if I had a trunk.. I keep any valuables in my locking hard bags..

chuckk ..

.
834f96bd0eb2e173549a425b83cb2a63.jpg
 
Back
Top