I have an itch

PowerDubs_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Coming up on 2 years, I might pull this dusty barn find out and finally replace the scraped up bits.

89040fcd6d778a024c6fdf2d4972f854.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Dubs, what does the side cover say?
 
:@ Actually thats pretty funny :banana:
 
OK, I can see it now. It DOES say HONDA :)
 
Thread starter
greekcb_imp said:
Thats the way the rims and tires should've come stock on the 14!

:thumbsup: I agree 100% They would work even with someone going for a 'racer' style.


I put a lot of time trying to make it as early 80's looking as I could, switching what I could, removing other things.

'13 blinkers and switch gear as an example look more 'authentic' to the style. Chrome chain guard instead of plastic, removed the 'garnish' stock grab bars the rear blinkers used to mount to.

I also tried to make it as comfortable as possible, while also improving performance. Better forks, better shocks- specifically with longer chrome sleeves, cushy seat, handlebars are a little wider and a little more pull back. Heated grips.

Only thing really I had wanted to do still was a more rounded tank, like the DLX...in black.
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
greekcb_imp said:
Thats the way the rims and tires should've come stock on the 14!

:thumbsup: I agree 100% They would work even with someone going for a 'racer' style.


I put a lot of time trying to make it as early 80's looking as I could, switching what I could, removing other things.

'13 blinkers and switch gear as an example look more 'authentic' to the style. Chrome chain guard instead of plastic, removed the 'garnish' stock grab bars the rear blinkers used to mount to.

I also tried to make it as comfortable as possible, while also improving performance. Better forks, better shocks- specifically with longer chrome sleeves, cushy seat, handlebars are a little wider and a little more pull back. Heated grips.

Only thing really I had wanted to do still was a more rounded tank, like the DLX...in black.

:thumbsup: I agree 100% They would work even with someone going for a 'racer' style.


I put a lot of time trying to make it as early 80's looking as I could, switching what I could, removing other things.

'13 blinkers and switch gear as an example look more 'authentic' to the style. Chrome chain guard instead of plastic, removed the 'garnish' stock grab bars the rear blinkers used to mount to.

I also tried to make it as comfortable as possible, while also improving performance. Better forks, better shocks- specifically with longer chrome sleeves, cushy seat, handlebars are a little wider and a little more pull back. Heated grips.

Only thing really I had wanted to do still was a more rounded tank, like the DLX...in black.

Great job ! Def looks eighties with the right upgrades . I have a 14 that’s setup a little different but the wheels are def one thing I always wanted with the white lettered tires


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
I'll take pics of the stuff I take off. It's not much, the engine guard held up the front pretty good and my leg kept the back up I think. :)
 
Back
Top