I finally burned a tank of fuel

Rocky_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Spring weather here has been really miserable with nearly constant cold and rainy days. If it wasn't raining it was cold - and vice versa.
But it was a half decent day today so I hit the road for a 253 km (158 mile) run on the CB. A few spurts on the four-lane, but mostly secondary roads so I could vary the speed.
What a joy it is to ride that bike!!!!
I'm so used to the CB900F (919, aka Hornet) being an edgy hooligan bike that the smoothness and good manners of the CB really puts a smile on my face.
And I didn't toot the horn once using the signal light switch :D
I hope I get this right (my first time), but here is a picture of my pride and joy.
 
Oh man, that is a gorgeous color of blue. Wow. and the side covers, although not matching, don't look bad.

The bike is such a joy to ride. If you enjoy yours half as much as I am enjoying mine, I know you are constantly smiling inside your helmet.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Oh man, that is a gorgeous color of blue. Wow. and the side covers, although not matching, don't look bad.

The bike is such a joy to ride. If you enjoy yours half as much as I am enjoying mine, I know you are constantly smiling inside your helmet.
You can't see it in the pictures, but the paint is fine metalflake and really sparkles in the sun. Originally, I had wished it had been red, but after seeing it out in the sun, I like it very much.
Others have complained about the seat, but I found it fairly cushy and comfortable. Time will tell, but I don't think I'll be looking for a new seat.
 
It's a beautiful colour, Rocky, and the bike looks terrific. It's a lighter blue than the one on the 2010 and 2011 models we got in Australia.

To help a fellow colonial, I'll blow up the thumbnails here for others.



 
Sigh... I do love a blue bike! None of mine are quite as pretty as yours...

6356091f3c9251f1df240ec7be968528.jpg


bc4d16fde998eaf03cab4d385d7791f2.jpg
 
Oooh love that 850G. I had an 81. Root Beer Brown. Great motorcycle.
 
The 850G was one of the first of the "Lardmaster Speedbarge" class. Mine is still a work in progress the P.O. did not do much with it, I have the carbs and airbox out now rebuilding them. Sorry Rocky; back to appreciating your blue beauty.
 
Glad the weather is easing up enough for you to get out there! Love that blue metalflake - Honda does just about any color right - and we never get tired of looking at these bikes.
 
Thom, nothing wrong with either of those beautiful blue bikes.
 
Beautiful bike! I still do double-takes over those other colours.
I'm over the moon about that very CBX-ish red on mine, but I can definitely appreciate the rest of Honda's "palette".
 
Papa. The cbx candy glory red is a different color then the 13 cb1100 candy glory red. But it's the same paint code! I know with candy colors it's very hard to get a color match. I got a set of side covers from samurider for a 13 cb and the color is very different shade from my cbx1000
565b678f2840b2823322d865dc54edee.jpg

That's 2 different painters. But both are good painters
 
Back
Top