I couldn't not get this

On the outside of the shield as a sun blocker. The tape is not opaque and you don't look thru it. It's solid like when you are holding your hand up to block the sun.You don't run it down enough to block your vision.
 
The ferret_imp said:
On the outside of the shield as a sun blocker. The tape is not opaque and you don't look thru it. It's solid like when you are holding your hand up to block the sun.You don't run it down enough to block your vision.
By nature, the electrical tape is easily removed, possibly even reused. Neat trick.
 
That's a good plan for a cheapskate, Ferret. Thank you. :D
 
Thread starter
I tend to freak out people wherever I go, so I'm not too bothered by it.

For the sun shade, shoot, I'm a cheap bastid. I just went to Walmart and bought a cling-on sun shade that you'd put in your car to keep the sun from baking your toddler. Something like this: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Safe-Fit...MI1sLInbj05QIVMhh9Ch1urAkjEAQYBCABEgIlrfD_BwE

Then, I just made a paper template for my face shield, and cut out a bunch of them for my helmets. At my last job, I was riding East to work, and West home, so the sun was in my eyes both ways. These strips help a bunch. At first, I tried one that was tinted, but it didn't block out the sun completely. This style is perforated, so it does a great job blocking but you can still see through if needed.

I put the strips on the outside of all of my helmets. Since they are cling-stick, they can be removed if needed. On a few occasions, they have blown off when I turn my head to do a lane change check, but I made a stack of 'em, so when they blow off or wear out, I just stick a new one on. Several strips for less than seven bucks!
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
I tend to freak out people wherever I go, so I'm not too bothered by it.

For the sun shade, shoot, I'm a cheap bastid. I just went to Walmart and bought a cling-on sun shade that you'd put in your car to keep the sun from baking your toddler. Something like this: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Safe-Fit...MI1sLInbj05QIVMhh9Ch1urAkjEAQYBCABEgIlrfD_BwE

Then, I just made a paper template for my face shield, and cut out a bunch of them for my helmets. At my last job, I was riding East to work, and West home, so the sun was in my eyes both ways. These strips help a bunch. At first, I tried one that was tinted, but it didn't block out the sun completely. This style is perforated, so it does a great job blocking but you can still see through if needed.

I put the strips on the outside of all of my helmets. Since they are cling-stick, they can be removed if needed. On a few occasions, they have blown off when I turn my head to do a lane change check, but I made a stack of 'em, so when they blow off or wear out, I just stick a new one on. Several strips for less than seven bucks!
Be careful to not have your eyeball or retina scratched/cut from any blown off strips.

That could, ..., suck. :-/
 
Thread starter
They’re on the outside of the helmet, so if that happened it would suck big time. That being saI’d, I’m trying this while sitting in an exam chair at my eye doctor’s office, heavily dilated.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
They’re on the outside of the helmet, so if that happened it would suck big time. That being saI’d, I’m trying this while sitting in an exam chair at my eye doctor’s office, heavily dilated.
Ah, okay.

Hey, don't let the doc poke you in the eyeball with a pin.
 
Thread starter
Wow, what was I thinking trying to type on my phone while it looked like a bright ball of fire in my hands.
Anyway, heading out this morning, I snapped a pic of the cling shade stuff that I use to make visor strips. Super cheap, and makes plenty of them. I think I got it at Walmart.
 
Back
Top