I can't help myself.

Thread starter
It was on that infamous auction site we all know and love / hate.

Belonged to a collector with an actual bike museum on his rural property not too far from my home. Just 2,800 miles on the clock with only a couple of minor cosmetic issues which were not properly disclosed until after I bid too much on it and won the auction.:dodgy:

Gassed up with fresh non-ethanol premium, and I'm riding it home tomorrow where it will keep my 1994 CB1000 company.


 
Isn't it interesting how Honda has hung on to the styling right through to the CB1100?
 
Thread starter
I think that the styling of the CB1000 is more deeply rooted in the 1979-1983 US market 750-900-1100F series.

It definitely has a more muscular presence, and bigger in almost every dimension.... Project "Big One" they called it. It's a 1980’s superbike with a modern liquid cooled inline 4 engine.

Our beloved CB1100s have more of a 1970s flavor methinks, borrowing styling elements and design cues from several Honda CB models from that era.

Anyway, I really dig these bikes, so I have two now.
Guth, I have come to grips with my obsession and realized that I have bikes in my collection that I will never ride because they no longer suit me. I am going to divest myself of most of my supersport bikes, and my two big Kawasakis this spring. The fellow I bought the big CB from has two full time mechanics and a painter / body guy to keep his huge collection going.

I am alone, and keeping 22 motorcycles running and roadworthy is becoming more than I want to deal with anymore.
 
Roger the shrubber_imp said:
It was on that infamous auction site we all know and love / hate.

Belonged to a collector with an actual bike museum on his rural property not too far from my home. Just 2,800 miles on the clock with only a couple of minor cosmetic issues which were not properly disclosed until after I bid too much on it and won the auction.:dodgy:

Gassed up with fresh non-ethanol premium, and I'm riding it home tomorrow where it will keep my 1994 CB1000 company.




Great looking bikes! I really like their design style.
In Brazil I had a 2003 Honda CB500 just like this one:

 
Thread starter
You can definitely see the design influence there, that's for sure.

Honda also sold a CB400 SF which looked like a shrunken down CB1000, although I believe it was mostly for the domestic Japanese market.
 
Roger the shrubber_imp said:
You can definitely see the design influence there, that's for sure.

Honda also sold a CB400 SF which looked like a shrunken down CB1000, although I believe it was mostly for the domestic Japanese market.
They still sell it. I've been waiting for over 20 years for them to bring it to North America. Still waiting :(

It's sold in Australia and a few Asian countries as well.

fce656c6fc645736aa9d568ffd8cb76e.jpg
 
Roger, Flyn, send cheques payable to Cormanus Enterprises C/- DACTYL Lubricants P/L and wait. Patiently.
 
Back
Top