I Can See The Light... On My Helmet

Gone in 60

Road warrior
Thread starter
I stumbled across this little gem recently.

Brake Free Helmet Brake Light

It's a helmet-mounted tail/brake light that uses an accelerometer to go from three different modes of LED taillight to a bright, full LED brake light. There were enough positive reviews of it on YouTube that I pulled the trigger before I left for a long business trip, and it was waiting for me when I got home yesterday.

It really works well. The thing I really like about it is that it attaches to a small mount that is 3M taped to the back of the helmet. So, you can unclick it and put it on as many other helmets as you have attached mounts. Since I swap between helmets for my daily commutes, it's as easy as moving my GoPro to another helmet. Plus, it's rechargable through a micro USB port.

It adds a bit of weight to the back of the helmet, but once I got on the road this morning for my first ride back to the office, I didn't notice it.

One more measure of safety for battling the freeways!
 
Well that's something cool I've never heard of before. It says "Detects all deceleration events whether it is engine braking, downshifting, or braking".

So it would light up while engine braking, even when the tail light would not--I can't really think of any downside to this...?

Does it stay lit as you sit at a stop light? In other words, does it turn off once it detects acceleration?
 
Thread starter
It comes on bright for a few seconds when it detects deceleration, then goes back to either solid red or a pulsating patern in normal "taillight" mode. If you were at a stop, and saw someone coming up behind, you could jerk your head forward a bit and get it to go bright.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
It comes on bright for a few seconds when it detects deceleration, then goes back to either solid red or a pulsating patern in normal "taillight" mode. If you were at a stop, and saw someone coming up behind, you could jerk your head forward a bit and get it to go bright.
That is so cool. Hmmm...birthday's around the corner.
 
:thanks: Gi60, already ordered :excited::celebrate:

Small print: if for whatever reason I will not be satisfied (except price), I will show up at your door :P:D
 
pdedse_imp said:
Gone in 60_imp said:
It comes on bright for a few seconds when it detects deceleration, then goes back to either solid red or a pulsating patern in normal "taillight" mode. If you were at a stop, and saw someone coming up behind, you could jerk your head forward a bit and get it to go bright.
That is so cool. Hmmm...birthday's around the corner.
Hard to believe & may not happen, as your birthday is not specified yet :):P
pdedse
(Road Warrior)
Registration Date: 12-05-2013
Date of Birth: Not Specified
Local Time: 10-06-2021 at 15:12
 
peterbaron_imp said:
pdedse_imp said:
Gone in 60_imp said:
It comes on bright for a few seconds when it detects deceleration, then goes back to either solid red or a pulsating patern in normal "taillight" mode. If you were at a stop, and saw someone coming up behind, you could jerk your head forward a bit and get it to go bright.
That is so cool. Hmmm...birthday's around the corner.
Hard to believe & may not happen, as your birthday is not specified yet :):P
pdedse
(Road Warrior)
Registration Date: 12-05-2013
Date of Birth: Not Specified
Local Time: 10-06-2021 at 15:12
Hard to believe & may not happen, as your birthday is not specified yet :):P
pdedse
(Road Warrior)
Registration Date: 12-05-2013
Date of Birth: Not Specified
Local Time: 10-06-2021 at 15:12
Leaving that as "not specified" just means whenever I want something...It's my birthday!
 
I saw this a couple of years back , wasn’t getting a lot of great reviews. Maybe they have fine tuned it a bit. I like the concept, always looking for more visability.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
I stumbled across this little gem recently.

Brake Free Helmet Brake Light

It's a helmet-mounted tail/brake light that uses an accelerometer to go from three different modes of LED taillight to a bright, full LED brake light. There were enough positive reviews of it on YouTube that I pulled the trigger before I left for a long business trip, and it was waiting for me when I got home yesterday.

It really works well. The thing I really like about it is that it attaches to a small mount that is 3M taped to the back of the helmet. So, you can unclick it and put it on as many other helmets as you have attached mounts. Since I swap between helmets for my daily commutes, it's as easy as moving my GoPro to another helmet. Plus, it's rechargable through a micro USB port.

It adds a bit of weight to the back of the helmet, but once I got on the road this morning for my first ride back to the office, I didn't notice it.

One more measure of safety for battling the freeways!
The first image/thought that came to mind ...

 
It's an interesting one! Gone, does it sit flush with the back of the helmet, I imagine every helmet it of a slightly different shape.

There is a Dutch gear company called Macna, they make stop lights for their jackets, there is a dedicated pocket in the back that houses the light - it's a pretty nice thing to have

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
For any of you who do nigh time riding these are very cool. I don't have one but they have made some great videos showcasing the product. I never thought to get one as they really are a night time thing which is fairly limiting for most riders. If I had a late evening commute during the winter months they would be a runner. Neutron S Kits
 
Tev62_imp said:
For any of you who do nigh time riding these are very cool. I don't have one but they have made some great videos showcasing the product. I never thought to get one as they really are a night time thing which is fairly limiting for most riders. If I had a late evening commute during the winter months they would be a runner. Neutron S Kits
Gosh, was just looking at these to order bulk for my online store, they are literally 4.54$, exactly the same designs I just saw on this site you linked, the manufacturer does a custom package for the seller so it has their brand on. And these guys are seeling it between 130$ and 250$. That's some good margin, I'm so ordering it

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
tod.branko_imp said:
Tev62_imp said:
For any of you who do nigh time riding these are very cool. I don't have one but they have made some great videos showcasing the product. I never thought to get one as they really are a night time thing which is fairly limiting for most riders. If I had a late evening commute during the winter months they would be a runner. Neutron S Kits
Gosh, was just looking at these to order bulk for my online store, they are literally 4.54$, exactly the same designs I just saw on this site you linked, the manufacturer does a custom package for the seller so it has their brand on. And these guys are seeling it between 130$ and 250$. That's some good margin, I'm so ordering it

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
Gosh, was just looking at these to order bulk for my online store, they are literally 4.54$, exactly the same designs I just saw on this site you linked, the manufacturer does a custom package for the seller so it has their brand on. And these guys are seeling it between 130$ and 250$. That's some good margin, I'm so ordering it

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
These are not just stickers Tod, they are powered lighting. If you can get these for $4.54 that would be some bargain!
 
Tev62_imp said:
tod.branko_imp said:
Tev62_imp said:
For any of you who do nigh time riding these are very cool. I don't have one but they have made some great videos showcasing the product. I never thought to get one as they really are a night time thing which is fairly limiting for most riders. If I had a late evening commute during the winter months they would be a runner. Neutron S Kits
Gosh, was just looking at these to order bulk for my online store, they are literally 4.54$, exactly the same designs I just saw on this site you linked, the manufacturer does a custom package for the seller so it has their brand on. And these guys are seeling it between 130$ and 250$. That's some good margin, I'm so ordering it

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
Gosh, was just looking at these to order bulk for my online store, they are literally 4.54$, exactly the same designs I just saw on this site you linked, the manufacturer does a custom package for the seller so it has their brand on. And these guys are seeling it between 130$ and 250$. That's some good margin, I'm so ordering it

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
These are not just stickers Tod, they are powered lighting. If you can get these for $4.54 that would be some bargain!
Gosh, was just looking at these to order bulk for my online store, they are literally 4.54$, exactly the same designs I just saw on this site you linked, the manufacturer does a custom package for the seller so it has their brand on. And these guys are seeling it between 130$ and 250$. That's some good margin, I'm so ordering it

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
These are not just stickers Tod, they are powered lighting. If you can get these for $4.54 that would be some bargain! Not stickers, powered LED lights with a module you connect to the smartphone, change colors, even light up in the rhythm of music etc

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
Thread starter
tod.branko_imp said:
It's an interesting one! Gone, does it sit flush with the back of the helmet, I imagine every helmet it of a slightly different shape.

There is a Dutch gear company called Macna, they make stop lights for their jackets, there is a dedicated pocket in the back that houses the light - it's a pretty nice thing to have

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
It has a rounded back side which is a good fit to most helmets. But, "flush" depends on the contours of the back of the helmet. For example, here's the only option for my EXO-510. Since it plugs on to a fixed mount on the helmet, the only important factor is finding a solid spot to attach the mount.
 
Ordered yesterday pm, arrived next day.. and is being charged :celebrate:
Nice, small unit but elevates your safety when riding !!

8cd2b5e4c44e934c389a4d68753cd2d1.jpg


:thanks: Gi60
 
Thread starter
Only bummer is that I see that it is currently on sale! If I had only waited a few weeks...

Ride safe, Peterbaron!
 
Thread starter
Here's a pro tip: Wait a few days, and you'll get an email telling you that if you review the product, you'll get $10 toward your next purchase.

Use the tenner to buy some extra helmet mounts!
 
Back
Top