I Bought a Royal Enfield

Finally had an opportunity to sit on the new RE 650 Interceptor at the dealership today. Pretty bike, but it's bigger and taller than I expected, and heavier too. Nice fit & finish and build quality, but it's not for me. I didn't bother to ride it. I was turned off by the heft just sitting on it. For this style of motorbike, I think the Moto Guzzi V7 is the better choice.
 
@Wisedrum :thumbsup:

Your bike in these pics looks timeless! Such serenity...

LongRanger_imp said:
Finally had an opportunity to sit on the new RE 650 Interceptor at the dealership today. Pretty bike, but it's bigger and taller than I expected, and heavier too. Nice fit & finish and build quality, but it's not for me. I didn't bother to ride it. I was turned off by the heft just sitting on it. For this style of motorbike, I think the Moto Guzzi V7 is the better choice.
When LR declares a bike "taller than I expected", us short stuffs need to run away! :rofl:
 
Lol guess we dont have a prayer Stichill
 
I just noticed Wisedrum: The Royal Enfield front fender appears to have high coverage.



Have you ridden the Bullet in decent rain? If so, how was front wheel spray behaviour?
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
I just noticed Wisedrum: The Royal Enfield front fender appears to have high coverage.



Have you ridden the Bullet in decent rain? If so, how was front wheel spray behaviour?
Yes, I have. The coverage helps to keep the engine a little bit cleaner, if riding in rain, because the wheel spray is reduced. At last it helps more than the coverage of my other bikes. Rain is rain, the Bullet in it becomes wet and dirty anyway.

This RE educates you automatically into direction of serenity. If you stay in this mood, anything will be fine while riding it. Trying to push this relative low hp machine doesn't make sense and only creates unnecessary stress for the rider and the machine. So, let the deceleration factor build in the Bullet rule! Nice side effect, he jumps over to the CB and the W. The message is, take your time, don't hurry.

Wisedrum
 
Back
Top