I ask you to please pray for a downed rider tonight!

EGAlvarez_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I hope that this is appropriate here, but I ask for you to please pray for a rider named Tony tonight.

I was enjoying a day at the motocross track with my son; while waiting for our turn to ride. Suddenly there was commotion on the track as a rider had a terrible accident. Neither of us saw him go down but we were told that he was riding alone in that area and must have made an error while going through a new rhythm section. When I arrived, I saw a man a bit older than me (46) calmly laying on the edge of the track surrounded by his friends, unable to feel or move anything from the mid chest down. He had no other visible injuries. A med flight was requested as he had sustained spinal trauma and the nearest trauma center was an hour drive away. I felt totally helpless as the only thing that I could do was to watch his friend hold his helmet still and immobilize his neck and wait. Considering that the track is in the middle of nowhere, an ambulance arrived fairly quickly, as did the police and fire fighters to secure a helipad in the adjacent soybean field. The paramedics transported him off the track to the pit road where the helicopter team was waiting for him. There have been no updates on the Southfork Motocross Track Facebook page as of now.

Regardless of the type of riding we enjoy, we are all riders and brothers.

 
Sorry to hear this story. I hope things work out for him.
 
Thread starter
Just a brief update...Very sad situation regarding the crash I told you all about.

Multiple fractured vertebra, "fractured" intervertebral disc walls, multiple rib fractures, scapula fracture, no sensation or motion from sternum down. Had surgery yesterday...very long road ahead of him. Surgeons apparently stated that he has a 1% chance of ever walking again.

Amazingly, I've been told that he is in very good spirits despite the devastating news.
 
Back
Top