Hyperpro suspension options for the CB1100

Guth_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
I recently noticed that Hyperpro was listed amongst the vendors on one of the Japanese sites so I thought I would investigate a bit further for info to share with the forum. Hyperpro is a Dutch manufacturer of high-end steering dampers and suspension components. They offer a few different options for the CB1100 — from straightforward emulsion style shocks to piggyback units featuring separate controls for high and low speed compression as well as rebound damping (their 3 D shocks). Their shocks are built to order per your weight and riding style needs. Hyperpro also also offers upgraded spring kits for the front suspension. For those in the States, more information can be found here: EPM Performance Imports. Their stuff isn't cheap (similar to Ohlins), and I have no personal experience with them. But it does look like an option worth investigating for those so inclined.

If you contact them, ask for Klaus Huenecke. He is who responded to my inquiry and seemed to be very knowledgeable.

All the best,
Guth
 
thanks for this! while looking at the link I also saw YSS Suspension with their External Reservoir/Piggyback twin shock with Comp/Reb & Preload are reasonably priced. Will Call them tomorrow....
 
The Hyperpro piggy back shock are listed in the Honda Acc catalog. Hyperpro and Moriwaki parts are offered by the dealers and are Honda quality. The shocks are around $1600.
 
Thread starter
Here is the information that I received from EPM (as of July 5, 2013):

Quote:The shocks come as either emulsion shock, with remote reservoir or
fixed or articulated piggy back reservoir.
The shock is called the " 3 D " model.
The available features are rebound damping, high and low speed
compression damping, ride height or length adjuster and remote pre-load
adjuster.

Please check our web site for more details, models and other
available products at EPM Performance Imports

The Hyperpro shock has some advantages over other products
on the marketplace today.

--- It has a 16 mm shaft which is not only sturdier, but also displaces
more oil in the compression stroke so that you can regulate the compression
and rebound damping better.

--- The shocks have a new seal design which has been proven in tough
MOTO-cross competition use and showed that it is far better than others when
it comes to leakers.

--- The Hyperpro " 3 D " shock utilizes the "Bladder" technology when it
comes to separate the oil from nitrogen gas. Other manufacturers utilize a
floating piston. A floating piston always has to overcome stiction first
before it begins to move. A rubber bladder does not "know" what friction or
stiction is and therefore reacts smoother and quicker to pressure changes.

--- The Hyperpro shocks come with a progressive spring to ensure a compliant
ride and to prevent bottoming out under load.

The shocks come with a black spring.
A purple color spring may be available.


Front:
Hyperpro fork spring kit: consisting of Hyperpro progressive wound = rising rate fork springs with our recommendation of fork oil = $ 159.00

Rear shocks: Model 367 TS = $ 1,609.00
with adjustable rebound damping, with piggy back reservoir
and high/low speed compression damping, with threaded pre-load via the spanner wrench.


Rear shocks: Model 360 = $ 1,009.00
with adjustable rebound damping, with threaded pre-load via the spanner wrench.

Optional for all rear shocks:
LA = length adjuster for +/- 5 mm on the shock at $ 89.00/shock

Warranty = 5 years
All new shock purchases come with a “FREE” 1st service coupon.
The service is recommended between 25-30,000 miles.
The coupon is issued with the shock serial number and it is transferable to a new owner.

Delivery time : within 1-2 weeks to us plus shipping time to you.
We ship by UPS Ground.

S&H = $ 30.00

Please call the office in NJ at 732-786-9777 with your questions and/or order, or email us.
 
Thread starter
lola, I agree that the YSS products look more encouraging from a cost standpoint and they offer quite a variety of model options. Please be sure to post up your findings regarding model availability for the CB1100.
Ack-CB11_imp said:
Guth,
Did you mention a group buy?
No, sorry.
 
I like it but I feel like the purple would look funky with our red tanks. Now if you swapped on the black tank...
 
Ack-CB11_imp said:
CBMike_imp said:
I like it but I feel like the purple would look funky with our red tanks. Now if you swapped on the black tank...
Black springs are avalible.
Black springs are avalible.
Yeah I saw that but I feel like the purple spring would make it a little more unique looking. I wish I had the photoshop skills to mess around with that kind of stuff.
 
Well I called EPM about the YSS shocks and they still don't have it for our bikes. Though was told to fill out there form on the YSS link and a technician from YSS will get back with us with what set-up & features they could do for us .... Since Klaus wasn't there the time I called I spoke to a Nice lady by the name of Dee about getting a Group Buy for the Hyperpro 3D twin shocks w/Remote Reserviors. She says that Klause every once in a while offer groupbuys and its just a matter of giving him a call and see if he can do it or not. Maybe one of us here create a proposal and a count of people that are interested?
 
Best to find out how many it would take to form a group. Pretty expensive up grade. I'd be surprised if more then a very few would be willing to spend the $. I am sure that many would like to but that's a pretty large some for fixing something which for most of us isn't broken.

I've gone with custom suspension parts on my Triumph Bonneville and while I do notice a difference it's not really significant (for me). I likely don't push the bikes capabilities enough to benefit. So?? Doing the front and back is likely to run into $1500 or more. With little or no return on re-sale. Just saying....















Well I called EPM about the YSS shocks and they still don't have it for our bikes. Though was told to fill out there form on the YSS link and a technician from YSS will get back with us with what set-up & features they could do for us .... Since Klaus wasn't there the time I called I spoke to a Nice lady by the name of Dee about getting a Group Buy for the Hyperpro 3D twin shocks w/Remote Reserviors. She says that Klause every once in a while offer groupbuys and its just a matter of giving him a call and see if he can do it or not. Maybe one of us here create a proposal and a count of people that are interested?
[/QUOTE]
 
True, but its great to have and its nice and shiny:)

is a pricey bit of kit! the hyperpro with its high and low speed compression and rebound is serious stuff for the street that the majority of us mere mortals will not feel the difference... For 1609.00 retail and with only a manual Spanner adjustment for preload is Expensive... Ohlins on the other hand with the same adjustability with the addition of a Hydraulic Preload adjuster comes at around $1500.00 , Id go for the ohlins just my0.02 cents.... If we get a good deal on a groupbuy Id spring for the hyperpro though..
 
Sorry to bring this thread back up form the dead but finally got a response from Klause "EPM Performance" So anyone interested in the Hyperpro he's they guy...

here's the email he had sent to me... notice the Price, not bad...

We are the US office for YSS.
YSS does not have an application for the CB 1100 of 2013.
The only shocks I can offer for this bike are from Hyperpro.

The piggy back shocks, fully adjustable are our models 367 TS at $ 1,269.00
These shocks are adjustable for rebound, high and low speed compression and
pre-load.


Warranty = 5 years
The shocks come with a coupon for a FREE 1st service.
Delivery - approx. 2 weeks
S&H - $ 30.00
 
Yeesh...over $1,300 for a pair of shocks.

It wouldn't be hard to double the purchase price of the CB with accessories once you start messing around with it.
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
Yeesh...over $1,300 for a pair of shocks.

It wouldn't be hard to double the purchase price of the CB with accessories once you start messing around with it.
truth.


$1300 for a set of fully adjustable shocks isnt that bad considering the competition..

it still sucks on the ol wallet though
 
Can anybody here with serious technical knowledge about suspensions (I have no education here) tell me if these piggy back shocks would be better than the Ohlins?

Chip
 
Been using the forum for reference on some things so thought I'd contribute something. Hyperpro piggybacks w/ length adjustment. Fit is perfect and offer a huge improvement over stock. Klaus at EPM was also very helpful.

 
Back
Top