Hydro dripping on my 1100RS

I have to admit, I had to go Google "hydro dripping". It's an amazing process, with beautiful results. Congratulations to you for trying it out, looks great!
 
Shadock, is there a pattern or design in the dip? I had parts dipped in a carbon fiber or brushed aluminum pattern at my last job as optional finishes for customers.

It’s a neat process with lots of possibilities.
 
Well I read the hydro dripping and thought I was going to see his CB in the rain. Guess not :)
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Shadock, is there a pattern or design in the dip? I had parts dipped in a carbon fiber or brushed aluminum pattern at my last job as optional finishes for customers.

It’s a neat process with lots of possibilities.
This example I think appears to be some sort of "carbon fiber" pattern.

At least by the images, somewhat subtle.
 
Is this an expensive process? Looks really cool. I have black vinyl here to do my fenders but this looks cleaner.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
Ah yes, I see the carbon now. Was looking at it on my phone earlier, too small to see the detail. Looks nice!
 
Hydro dipping is how all those ATVs and side-by-sides get their camo finish. Works great on convex surfaces, but tough to get into concave nooks and crannies.
 
Thread starter
mvk24_imp said:
Is this an expensive process? Looks really cool. I have black vinyl here to do my fenders but this looks cleaner.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
350€....
 
Shadock_imp said:
mvk24_imp said:
Is this an expensive process? Looks really cool. I have black vinyl here to do my fenders but this looks cleaner.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
350€....
350€....
Durability: Is there a sense of it peeling off?

That is, if the finish gets nicked, would it well-up and peel, or manage stone hits like a champ?
 
Thread starter
GoldOxide_imp said:
Shadock_imp said:
mvk24_imp said:
Is this an expensive process? Looks really cool. I have black vinyl here to do my fenders but this looks cleaner.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
350€....
350€....
Durability: Is there a sense of it peeling off?

That is, if the finish gets nicked, would it well-up and peel, or manage stone hits like a champ?
350€....
Durability: Is there a sense of it peeling off?

That is, if the finish gets nicked, would it well-up and peel, or manage stone hits like a champ? There is a varnish on the top....
 
If the hydro-dipped camo on ATVs is any indication, it will come off in sheets if there are scratches and it is then hit by a pressure washer
 
pekingduck_imp said:
If the hydro-dipped camo on ATVs is any indication, it will come off in sheets if there are scratches and it is then hit by a pressure washer
I can imagine if that day comes, only to discover a pristine original paint finish underneath!
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
pekingduck_imp said:
If the hydro-dipped camo on ATVs is any indication, it will come off in sheets if there are scratches and it is then hit by a pressure washer
I can imagine if that day comes, only to discover a pristine original paint finish underneath!
I can imagine if that day comes, only to discover a pristine original paint finish underneath! No can do, gotta use primer before the dip.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
mvk24_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
pekingduck_imp said:
If the hydro-dipped camo on ATVs is any indication, it will come off in sheets if there are scratches and it is then hit by a pressure washer
I can imagine if that day comes, only to discover a pristine original paint finish underneath!
I can imagine if that day comes, only to discover a pristine original paint finish underneath! No can do, gotta use primer before the dip.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Aw, dang. Ah well, hopefully this is a moot discussion.
 
Thread starter
They sand the parts,then put a primer,then paint a coat of base colour,apply the hydro film and put a varnish coat and polish.....
This is a professional process.....
 
Back
Top